Quote Originally Posted by weakdots View Post
    just checking to see if anyone has tested this but assuming using a +50 gem and non weapon or trinket slot. mwf vs m+socket which is better?
    I don't get your question exactly but a WF wep gives 94 more spell power excluding any other stats, I don't understand what there is to test.

non weapon or trinket slot, so u know legs,head,wrist, ring etc

Quote Originally Posted by weakdots View Post
    non weapon or trinket slot, so u know legs,head,wrist, ring etc
    Oh I get you now. Just by comparing random items on wowhead, it seems like the bigger pieces (head,legs, chest) are rather close but without any sims it looks to me like the socket still pulls slightly ahead, it can also possibly depend on the items core stats obviously. Example (my current chest piece) : http://www.wowhead.com/item=113655&bonus=562:567 +16 int +12 haste +9 multistrike, looks to me like 50 mastery would pull ahead.

I got my Heroics Shards last night. I should be using my Heroic Runestone + Heroic Shards, right?
    I have access to PvP trinket and 640 Sandmans.

Also, do I just hit Shards on CD or should I be lining it up w/ DBolt or anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by zvvl View Post
    I got my Heroics Shards last night. I should be using my Heroic Runestone + Heroic Shards, right?
    I have access to PvP trinket and 640 Sandmans.

Also, do I just hit Shards on CD or should I be lining it up w/ DBolt or anything else?
    According the sims on the first page the shard should be slightly ahead of the pvp trinket, it could depend on the fight duration though. If you are using glyph of DS which I assume you are you should probably just make sure you get the most possible uses of it, if the fights ends at inefficient timings E.G. 4,6,8 mins I'd try line it up more with other procs or save it for execute phase.

I know this might be a better question in the Fix my DPS thread, but what kind of numbers are you guys pulling as Demo? Currently I find myself at least 4-5k behind what I could be doing as aff. The most annoying part is how boring Aff is to play, especially when put up against Demo playstyle, just as a point of reference I find myself around 16-17.5k as Demo on Kargath, not going into the stands, which is about as no movement I can get because I currently run Aff on butcher. Also I am sitting at 653 ilvl.

Using DB build
    21k on Koragh
    16k on Imperator
    Last edited by Drakile; 2014-12-31 at 04:54 AM. Reason: To add in Ilvl

Armory^

I'm consistently over 20k DPS with 659 ilvl. Usually over 23k but some fights I drop to 20k.

I need to hit some lfr / normal Kargath to practice Demo. Just haven't had a chance to get used to post-MoP playstyle yet.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

It's not that hard after you get a couple bosses into it. It's fun as fuck, though. Makes Affliction and Destruction feel boring for the fights you need to switch, though.

Picked up this bad boy tonight

Damn that is badass congrats, are your logs recorded sir?

Armory^

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/17860

We have quite a few Warlocks, however, I believe Opticon and Astrothug (myself) are the only ones that are currently messing around with Demonology. I know my play is sloppy so you may want to check out Opticon as he is a bit more refined than me and it shows.

I appreciate that sir, just taking a quick glance it appears my spell priority may be a bit off, judging by Damage Per Percentage, also I was playing around with Synergy might just swap back to Supremacy.

Armory^

Here is our most recent run, btw. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/tdqmcGa4KjJLz3pP/

Should have both of us on Demonology.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakile View Post
    I appreciate that sir, just taking a quick glance it appears my spell priority may be a bit off, judging by Damage Per Percentage, also I was playing around with Synergy might just swap back to Supremacy.
    Synergy has some juicy opener burst but I still like Service on Tectus.

Here is our most recent run, btw. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/tdqmcGa4KjJLz3pP/

Should have both of us on Demonology.
    Sweet, I was browsing through one of your raid logs earlier.

Also, Service is the one grimoire I havent played around with much, I should give it a shot on Tectus for the Double Felstorm I assume?

Armory^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakile View Post
    Sweet, I was browsing through one of your raid logs earlier.

Also, Service is the one grimoire I havent played around with much, I should give it a shot on Tectus for the Double Felstorm I assume?
    Any situation where you want precise control over where you need to concentrate damage Service is a good choice. Any time we're asked to hold cooldowns for a specific time or phase in a fight on progression service is usually my go-to. It's really good on Mythic Tectus during the mote phase because it's very likely you will have to move (a lot). The phase gets hectic real fast and you can't really delay your Cataclysm long because you want Doom on all of them ASAP. For this reason I prefer Service over Synergy on Tectus.

Quick question =) why even bother with this spec? looking at those logs its underperforming comparatively, and dont say because the others are borring ^^ i got 3 locks in my raid team and i wonder if i shuold make one of them go demonlogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Furtylol View Post
    Any situation where you want precise control over where you need to concentrate damage Service is a good choice. Any time we're asked to hold cooldowns for a specific time or phase in a fight on progression service is usually my go-to. It's really good on Mythic Tectus during the mote phase because it's very likely you will have to move (a lot). The phase gets hectic real fast and you can't really delay your Cataclysm long because you want Doom on all of them ASAP. For this reason I prefer Service over Synergy on Tectus.
    That makes sense, I appreciate the information.

Armory^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudjumper View Post
    Quick question =) why even bother with this spec? looking at those logs its underperforming comparatively, and dont say because the others are borring ^^ i got 3 locks in my raid team and i wonder if i shuold make one of them go demonlogy.
    personally, i think that locks are pretty bad overall atm but they still have their niche, demonology is crazy good on tectus where you can use your fel guards and GoServ fel guards for some nice aoe dps when you have all the small ones up along with chaos waving like a mad man.

but tbh, its never a good idea to have your locks go 1 spec over another, atleast not with the way the class works as there isnt 1 spec that outperforms the other on every fight. you'd want your locks to alternate between their main spec and offspec for maximum effeciency.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    but tbh, its never a good idea to have your locks go 1 spec over another, atleast not with the way the class works as there isnt 1 spec that outperforms the other on every fight. you'd want your locks to alternate between their main spec and offspec for maximum effeciency.
    I wouldn't completely agree with this as there are clear cut examples in Highmaul where one spec is clearly superior to the other two for the purposes of progression. Furthermore, the notion of having a 'main spec' shouldn't be something any pure dps class really considers. You should be able to play all specs at a high standard and know when which particular spec should be played over another.

It's not that hard after you get a couple bosses into it. It's fun as fuck, though. Makes Affliction and Destruction feel boring for the fights you need to switch, though.

Picked up this bad boy tonight
    But it isn't warforged, better vendor it.