Quote Originally Posted by Jshley View Post
    Largely because I wouldn't want it interacting with spirit, and partly because otherwise it'd be a third of the value of spirit at the same level and that felt too strong.
    Actually, for stats to work properly, they must have synergy with all other stats. For example: When I get more Spirit, I can cast more RJWs. But that RJW can multistrike, crit, and proc GotS, and is increased in throughput by Int and Versatility. GotS orbs can crit and multistrike. Crits can themselves multistrike. All of the stats have multiplicative synergy. Purposefully removing that, such as not making your Haste regen scale with Spirit, would actually cause Haste's stat weight to !decrease! the more Spirit you had.

Intuitively speaking, this is because the extra mana gained is a smaller percentage of your total mana (yet you're still gaining GCDs at the same rate). Thus, some of the extra GCDs you gain will still follow the current "mana-limited" model. For example, if half of your passive regen is from Spirit, then half of your new GCDs would still follow the mana-limited model, while the other half would follow the GCD-limited model, for calculating an average value. As your Spirit increases, a larger percentage of those GCDs would follow the mana-limited model, decreasing Haste's stat weight.

A better thing to do would be +0.5% regen from base and Spirit regen per 1% of Haste, or some such mechanic. That is, make it have Spirit synergy, but scale it down by some amount to keep it from being overpowered (like if it gave more regen than Spirit itself in addition to giving you more GCDs -- an obvious strict gain).

Quote Originally Posted by Jshley View Post
    The main reason I prefer haste for Crane-only is the increased chi generation as the rotation is "chi" limited - and whilst RSKs are on CD, the extra GCDs are also with TP and Zeal up already (so just bonus damage).
    (For Crane stance Pool of Mists only)
    Since RSK hits so much harder than BOK or TP, +1% GCDs from Haste doesn't work out to +1% damage, maybe instead +0.7%. Taking an equal amount of Multistrike rating instead would not only give you about +0.8% damage across the board, but it would proc additional Jade Mist procs for RSK, increasing your damage even further. Unless I'm missing something, MS is almost surely more powerful than Haste for pure crane stance with PoM.
    Last edited by Geodew; 2015-01-27 at 05:20 AM.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

not sure if it's worth mentioning but the fistweaver here
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...aling&fight=21

seems to have a boatload of mastery and haste.
    topped 80k on butcher- not sure if that isn't just indicative of how much damage was taken though.

I'd agree with MS for POM, but I do feel haste and even crit pull ahead for chiex. MS gives you free RSKs, but you are really only hitting RSK to keep the buff up. I've toyed with ignoring TP and it seems to work nicely. would the MS healing from chiex really outweigh crit? I guess I'll try it out if I can

edit: nevermind, watched replay, groups were close enough to hit everyone
    Last edited by burmaben; 2015-01-27 at 05:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by burmaben View Post

topped 80k on butcher- not sure if that isn't just indicative of how much damage was taken though.

I'd agree with MS for POM, but I do feel haste and even crit pull ahead for chiex. MS gives you free RSKs, but you are really only hitting RSK to keep the buff up. I've toyed with ignoring TP and it seems to work nicely. would the MS healing from chiex really outweigh crit? I guess I'll try it out if I can

Holly mollly

Deleted
    first chogall kill last night and coined staff ^_^

I really don't know why they are nerfing Mana Tea like that, seriously... My mana has been awesome all night but when spamming people with debuff in P4 I got oom pretty quickly, I might have overdone it tho, but yeah still, with Mana Tea 3x spirit I wouldn't even get through P3 I think.

7+ Year Old Account
    That entire fight my old guild did as much healing as the 3 non-monk healers. As the TOTAL healing. They were taking a shitload more damage than they needed to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    Purposefully removing that, such as not making your Haste regen scale with Spirit, would actually cause Haste's stat weight to !decrease! the more Spirit you had.
    Yeah I definitely hear what you're saying. I thought about that but still came down just on base regen. My rationale was that whilst critting on your multistrikes was always a positive interaction, I don't actually like the crit & spirit interaction for mistweavers - especially when they're pushing spirit so much - because of the gearing and relevant tuning. Eg. if we do competitive healing due in part to throughput stats we have more of because we can cut spirit, once they cut that interaction we would necessarily have less spare secondaries and do less healing (at relevant gear levels). If all healers could devalue spirit and take haste, as a stat people seem to want to take anyway, they would have to make the contribution so weak as to make it pointless. We've definitely strayed into personal-feeling-territory though!

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    (For Crane stance Pool of Mists only)
    Since RSK hits so much harder than BOK or TP, +1% GCDs from Haste doesn't work out to +1% damage, maybe instead +0.7%. Taking an equal amount of Multistrike rating instead would not only give you about +0.8% damage across the board, but it would proc additional Jade Mist procs for RSK, increasing your damage even further. Unless I'm missing something, MS is almost surely more powerful than Haste for pure crane stance with PoM.
    To be fair I agree with you regarding MS being better than either haste or crit. Caveat being that haste does allow you to actually cast more of the RSKs you have/get, and Tiger Strikes also scales with haste (due to autoattack frequency) though less well than MS. The number of additional RSKs with MS is still actually quite small a the gear levels we're going to see in t17, and will strain our chi generation without using expensive casts like CJL or the 2pc and 4pc. So if I was collecting a set purely for using Crane I'd look for MS, haste and probably versatility and know it was better for PoM and similar to having crit for Chi Explosion.

For mythic butcher I plan to FW(chiex).I am not sure if I should take xuen or keep RJW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oka555 View Post
    For mythic butcher I plan to FW(chiex).I am not sure if I should take xuen or keep RJW.
    If you're planning to only FW, I'd say Xuen is probably the better option because you can't really use RJW.
    If you want to switch between the two you should use RJW and use it as much as possible below 30%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by burmaben View Post

What the fuck is this...

He literally just goes:

Jab, Jab, Jab, Chex, Jab, Jab, Jab, Chex, Jab, Jab, Jab, Chex, etc.

For the whole fight.

No RSK, No Tiger's Palm. Doesn't even use his Vital Mist stacks (edit: actually he does use vital mists woops).
    Last edited by mmoc46bc391105; 2015-01-27 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sixteenmiles View Post
    What the fuck is this...

He literally just goes:

Jab, Jab, Jab, Chex, Jab, Jab, Jab, Chex, Jab, Jab, Jab, Chex, etc.

For the whole fight.

No RSK, No Tiger's Palm. Doesn't even use his Vital Mist stacks (edit: actually he does use vital mists woops).
    they split the cleave among basically everyone but tanks, so everyone has the DoT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit the pad is real LOL

10/10 though. I'm happy to know i can watch tv on progression with chi ex crane.
    Last edited by Supliftz; 2015-01-27 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    Holy shit the pad is real LOL

10/10 though. I'm happy to know i can watch tv on progression with chi ex crane.
    tbh in crane i don't bother keeping up tp/rsk i just go jab to 4 chi > CE repeat rofl

but i do try hard with int pot w/ xuen

10+ Year Old Account
    honestly it might just be worth to sit in crane all day with chi ex in 6.1.

It's not like serpent chi ex is shit.

p.s our set bonuses are retarded for this

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    they split the cleave among basically everyone but tanks, so everyone has the DoT.
    How does that work? Wont they get instantly gimped at 5 stacks and every1 die?

10+ Year Old Account
    The same as normal. It's just everyone stacks up so all non tanks have the debuff.

yea i think we just spec chi ex. and go HAM on dps for progression tbh

there's no reason not to imo, the healing you do from chi ex (on most fights, some fights it's complete shit like kromog, oregorger, etc) in crane would probably be similar to what you'd do in serpent anyway

Deleted
    i'd say they have 2 huge camps and 2 mages who take the chargecleave
    might be one hell of easy tbh

i bet gruul will be the next Butcheresque fight, chiex will rule that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    yea i think we just spec chi ex. and go HAM on dps for progression tbh

there's no reason not to imo, the healing you do from chi ex (on most fights, some fights it's complete shit like kromog, oregorger, etc) in crane would probably be similar to what you'd do in serpent anyway
    The problem with that is even if you end up with a decent amount of hps in terms of raw numbers, your ability to save lives hugely drops in crane, you lose the ability to spot heal to anywhere near the same extent as serpent.
    Last edited by mmocbbd29f1a3b; 2015-01-27 at 05:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atacamite View Post
    The problem with that is even if you end up with a decent amount of hps in terms of raw numbers, your ability to save lives hugely drops in crane, you lose the ability to spot heal to anywhere near the same extent as serpent.
    I reckon our role would go from spot healing to simple smoothing out the tanks/melee group much like Druids have been known to do to the entire raid for ages due to their hots. So instead of trying to spot heal we would provide a consistent healing on the entire melee and tank group while letting other healers do the spot healing.

I can't say whether this will be effective though, and will be very excited to see how it works out.