Deleted
    Spot healing is the stuff, why disc and pally are in a raid, we just make our healing aura stuff to make everything smoothe and from time to time we pop a 3 min and save the world

our spot healing would be what... surging mist w/ soothe? it's kinda weak honestly compared to holy shocks, IoL HLs, PWSs, penances, 3x NS HTs etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't bring a mistweaver to spot heal. It's just not our job in the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    You don't bring a mistweaver to spot heal. It's just not our job in the raid.
    yes i agree entirely but someone brought up the concern that staying in crane 100% would limit our potential to save people through spot heals.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have pretty good spot healing potential with TFT surging in crane imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    You have pretty good spot healing potential with TFT surging in crane imho.
    yes, agreed again.

i secretly wish our 4pc would reduce the CD on TFT by 5 sec every time surging multistrikes Kappa

Deleted
    Mmm I'm not overly convinced to be honest, TFT-SM once every 45s isn't great, and the base coefficient is only 50% more than a Healing Surge for shamans. That and life cocoon are all we have, which is why I keep failing in PG: Gold Crane Edition >.<

---

Actually, I'd much rather TFT just cost mana and wasn't such a long CD. Then at least we could have another outlet to burn off extra mana for throughput now.
    Last edited by mmoc4f718cced3; 2015-01-27 at 07:29 PM.

ptr build hype Kappa

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    tbh in crane i don't bother keeping up tp/rsk i just go jab to 4 chi > CE repeat rofl

but i do try hard with int pot w/ xuen
    Do you even use detonate chi at that point?

Pretty sure I'd oom myself with that rotation, I'm good like that.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Do you even use detonate chi at that point?

Pretty sure I'd oom myself with that rotation, I'm good like that.
    I dont think you can oom in crane

Deleted
    If you Jab'bed for 2 out of every 3 GCDs, without using any EH, VM-SM or bonus chi from your lvl30 tier, you'd OOM at 120s actually (1200spirit).

But'd you'd have generated at least 20 tea so... start over again!

Deleted
    easy then, new butcher tactic confirmed, get stacked and let the monkgod heal the crap out of it kappa

Chiex in Mythic Butcher

Hello, I'm hoping someone with more knowledge in chiex can help me. My guild is progressing on Mythic Butcher with the same strat as the 80K HPS monk posted a few pages ago but I cannot pull anywhere close to his numbers. I'm averaging 45-50k HPS when I fistweave whereas he is constantly pulling 70k+ across all his attempts, and I can't see what I'm doing wrong.

Here is the 1st 2 minutes of our best attempt (I went serpent stance after that). I can't post links yet so you'll have to replace the [dot]:

warcraftlogs[dot]com/reports/pxa7vdAF1GBNZWj3#fight=34&type=healing&source=2&start=13997017&end=14115516

And here is Raxxiy's 1st 2 minutes on his kill:

warcraftlogs[dot]com/reports/aMzft6J8XcQhZYD3#type=healing&fight=21&source=17&start=8338085&end=8456677

As you can see, his top Chi Explosion has 144 casts and 571(!!) hits whereas I have 96 casts and 117 hits. Consequently, he's doing almost 4x more healing than I am.

Checking damage done, he casts Chi Explosion 18 times while I cast it 12 times. Even if I match his casts, it can't account for the extra hits.

Does anyone know why there is such a huge discrepancy, and also, what part of ChiEx that actually is? I looked up the spell ID, 173439, and wowhead says it has the "orb pickup" sound so is this the healing from the Chiex-generated spheres (wowhead[dot]com/spell=173439/chi-explosion)?

I looked at the replay and it looks like we're positioned similarly too. I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated (as well as any other things you notice in the logs)!

EDIT: Both of us are casting 4-chi ChiEx, but I'm trying to keep up RSK and TP while he isn't.
    Last edited by elril; 2015-01-27 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elril View Post
    Hello, I'm hoping someone with more knowledge in chiex can help me. My guild is progressing on Mythic Butcher with the same strat as the 80K HPS monk posted a few pages ago but I cannot pull anywhere close to his numbers. I'm averaging 45-50k HPS when I fistweave whereas he is constantly pulling 70k+ across all his attempts, and I can't see what I'm doing wrong.

Here is the 1st 2 minutes of our best attempt (I went serpent stance after that). I can't post links yet so you'll have to replace the [dot]:

warcraftlogs[dot]com/reports/pxa7vdAF1GBNZWj3#fight=34&type=healing&source=2&start=13997017&end=14115516

And here is Raxxiy's 1st 2 minutes on his kill:

warcraftlogs[dot]com/reports/aMzft6J8XcQhZYD3#type=healing&fight=21&source=17&start=8338085&end=8456677

As you can see, his top Chi Explosion has 144 casts and 571(!!) hits whereas I have 96 casts and 117 hits. Consequently, he's doing almost 4x more healing than I am.

Checking damage done, he casts Chi Explosion 18 times while I cast it 12 times. Even if I match his casts, it can't account for the extra hits.

Does anyone know why there is such a huge discrepancy, and also, what part of ChiEx that actually is? I looked up the spell ID, 173439, and wowhead says it has the "orb pickup" sound so is this the healing from the Chiex-generated spheres (wowhead[dot]com/spell=173439/chi-explosion)?

I looked at the replay and it looks like we're positioned similarly too. I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated (as well as any other things you notice in the logs)!

EDIT: Both of us are casting 4-chi ChiEx, but I'm trying to keep up RSK and TP while he isn't.
    There is not reason to keep up TP, and since the goal is orb healing from chiex RSK ended up not mattering.

Roxx used 2x haste trinkets to essentially gcd cap at times and put out far more jabs. He also positioned himself on the edge of his group so he could actually hit the other group w/chiex.

Quote Originally Posted by burmaben View Post
    There is not reason to keep up TP, and since the goal is orb healing from chiex RSK ended up not mattering.

Roxx used 2x haste trinkets to essentially gcd cap at times and put out far more jabs. He also positioned himself on the edge of his group so he could actually hit the other group w/chiex.
    The rotation difference and haste trinkets let him use 6 more Chi Explosions. Do you think that covers the difference?

Here is the healing breakdown from ChiEx for him:

warcraftlogs[dot]com/reports/aMzft6J8XcQhZYD3#type=healing&fight=21&source=17&start=8338085&end=8456677&ability=173439

And for me:

warcraftlogs[dot]com/reports/pxa7vdAF1GBNZWj3#fight=34&type=healing&source=2&start=13997017&end=14115516&ability=173439

You can see we're actually healing mostly the people in our group, but he has much better coverage even though we're stacked tightly, and more importantly:

Even though we have the same number of casts (not sure how this is possible when he has more ChiEx casts, am I misreading something?), he has significantly more hits per person. For example, the top 3 people healed by ChiEx were healed 73, 62, 70 times, whereas for me they are: 20, 13, 11. I don't understand how he has so many healing events from ChiEx even with the extra casts. Check out the events view, you can see people are being healed 5+ times for EACH cast:

warcraftlogs[dot]com/reports/aMzft6J8XcQhZYD3#type=healing&fight=21&source=17&start=8338085&end=8456677&ability=173439& +view=events&view=events

I feel like there is something big that I'm just not seeing.
    Last edited by elril; 2015-01-27 at 09:03 PM.

Deleted
    Are they seriously to let that Mana Tea change to through btw...

Do these people have BRAINS ???

Wouldn't every orb pickup be a separate event? Also, his overhealing is miles below yours, even in that small frame. 13% vs over 40%.

He also doesn't waste any time with chi burst, or even chi wave for that matter

Deleted
    Is this new fistweaving "meta" only useful on Butcher?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by burmaben View Post
    Wouldn't every orb pickup be a separate event? Also, his overhealing is miles below yours, even in that small frame. 13% vs over 40%.

He also doesn't waste any time with chi burst, or even chi wave for that matter
    I'm pretty sure ChiEx orbs count as ChiEx healing.

Detonating those spheres I'm also pretty sure will be ChiEx healing, could be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

10+ Year Old Account
    whats with these changes to Mistweaver Fist of Fury and Hurricane Strike? did I miss something, are we getting these?
    Sig by Beautiful Jassinta