Deleted
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    What was the talent? The Monk generated 2 soothing mists + statue for 3 total?
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Soothing_Tendrils

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    What was the talent? The Monk generated 2 soothing mists + statue for 3 total?
    I had a quick look to try and find it, but everything I found had been replaced with the current talents we have. I'm pretty sure that's what it was.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jshley View Post
    Oh, here it is. Thanks Jshley!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

Deleted
    In First Place hello everyone , I am looking with recent changes to the monk and talents so far never used in PvE during the progression of Highmaul I would like to propose that on the main page " Mistweavers of Draenor : A Guide to PvE Healing [ 6.0 ] "I would have a section on " tips and tricks "like other classes have , let me explain by example :

Boss
    Gruul / Recomendations :
    LvL 30 Chi Burst : for AoE heal when " x habilities hits raid"
    LvL 45 Chi Brew: Use it For Burst healing when " ... "
    LvL 90 Chi Torpedo : When Combined With Chi burst "..." for fast heal
    LvL 100 Chi Explosion : Use it with 4 With Chi combined detonation for aoe heal , meanwhile use it with 2 or 3 chi on tanks or mele

this is only an example not the real talents and tricks for this encounter but I want you may understand what I mean, it would be well to add because many of us have many questions when choosing talents and how to properly use them in the face a new boss , especially to people who have tested the beta and during these days in the PTR contribute as others i have seen and know that the placement of each raid and the role that your raidlider you to play in the encounter can you vary your choice of talents, one might make a point for these cases, for example: If in this boss if u have to do a special roll u should take this

And good as monkioh is the author of the post and has considerable experience testing the boses since beta , I would like to know what you think of all this of course all of you too , obviously this is to face Blackrock Foundry Raid

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Visiondove View Post
    In First Place hello everyone , I am looking with recent changes to the monk and talents so far never used in PvE during the progression of Highmaul I would like to propose that on the main page " Mistweavers of Draenor : A Guide to PvE Healing [ 6.0 ] "I would have a section on " tips and tricks "like other classes have , let me explain by example :

Boss
    Gruul / Recomendations :
    LvL 100 Chi Explosion : Use it with 4 With Chi combined detonation for aoe heal , meanwhile use it with 2 or 3 chi on tanks or mele

this is only an example not the real talents and tricks for this encounter but I want you may understand what I mean, it would be well to add because many of us have many questions when choosing talents and how to properly use them in the face a new boss , especially to people who have tested the beta and during these days in the PTR contribute as others i have seen and know that the placement of each raid and the role that your raidlider you to play in the encounter can you vary your choice of talents, one might make a point for these cases, for example: If in this boss if u have to do a special roll u should take this

And good as monkioh is the author of the post and has considerable experience testing the boses since beta , I would like to know what you think of all this of course all of you too , obviously this is to face Blackrock Foundry Raid
    I do like the idea, but the OP is already wall-of-text-y enough as it is. It may be a great suit for a different thread though, and people could also contribute to the thread, and keep the OP updated for each boss/spec.

eg:

Windwalker:
    Boss:
    Talents:
    Handy utility (Transcendance, defensives to cheese mechanics, etc):

Mistweaver:
    Boss:
    Talents:
    Handy utility:

etc.
    Brolibear!
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

Breath of the serpen is still garbage. Replace withthe wod beta talents that drops healing spheres as we move pls.

Zen Sphere and Chi explosion seems to be both viable options now.

Chi torpedo is sick, was usuallym 3rd highest healing spell on beastlord. Somewhere between 6.5 to 8 min attempts.

Didn't really notice any major difference from the mana tea chane, even though I got like 2.3k mana less per mana tea. Didn't use RJW at all though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavin View Post
    Didn't use RJW at all though.
    There is your problem

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Visiondove View Post

Boss
    Gruul / Recomendations :

This would be a good thing to add to the post. If someone wants to take it upon themselves to write this up, I'd gladly put it in the OP.
    Twitter: @Monkioh
    Twitch:http://www.twitch.tv/monkioh

Quote Originally Posted by Headmarine View Post
    There is your problem
    That post made no sense. Also why would I spend 20k for an inferior spell that only heals the people around me. When I can heal both melee and ranged?

PS: Why does my quick reply box miss some of my keyboard clicks? like im typing too fast, which is obviously not the case. :|

Quote Originally Posted by Rockets View Post
    So as a hypothetical, let's say they rolled in the mana discount from mana tea into the relevant spells, and changed mana tea to do something completely new. It'd still have to build stacks and have some kind of proc mechanism to match the general brew theming, but otherwise it can do whatever you like. What would you want to see it do?
    The most obvious thing they could do is what they had in MoP beta, which was that you could simply pay mana to channel and gain chi, except instead of paying mana you could consume fat stacks. Imagine if you will, a Chai Tea (see what I did there?) instead of Mana Tea where every stack gives 1 chi. Everything can function exactly as it is now, except the numbers might need some changing (perhaps increasing the amount of chi spent needed to get one stack, maybe up to 5 or 6 instead of 4).

This is the part where everyone goes "lol that's so dumb, isn't getting mana just the same thing as getting chi?" but there are actually giant differences between getting mana and getting chi:

1) You can only hold a small amount of chi at any given time. (adds emphasis to "when" you use Tea) This eliminates unhealthy abuses of the mechanic that have prolonged effects over the course of a fight. Yes you could store up absurd amounts of stacks, but since you can only hold 4 chi at a time (or 5, that Ascension value coming in for real!) it would take a very, very long time to weave in a bunch of extra stacks in a way that would still let you heal effectively without wasting time. Basically, no more "lol gg entire mana bar back in 10 seconds of channeling" which makes when you use Tea irrelevant.

2) Chi can only be used in a limited number of ways (devalues the mechanic, meaning it isn't literally always the right answer to drink whenever). Chi can only really be used on Uplift, EM, and Chi Explosion, so it's really impossible to use this mechanic to only use certain spells and ignore the rest of the kit, whereas mana feeds into everything and is always good. There is a right time to want chi (imagine spending 1 gcd to quickly get 3 chi, but doing no healing in that GCD) and there is a wrong time to want only chi (what if Uplift or Chi Explosion aren't as good at the moment as RJW or ReM is?).

3) There is no cycle of Mana --> chi --> mana --> chi that confuses players' valuation of spells and resources. There is still an echoing of resources in Mana --> chi --> 1/4 of a chi --> 1/20th of a chi, but not in a way that could possibly make a player think "hey, if I burn mana maybe I'll end up with.. more mana!" because mana is always mana, and chi is always chi.

Copying a short-term buff idea from WW is lame and horribly unoriginal, but this manages to be both short term and original, and has a name that is so obvious it hurts (I mean, Chai Tea, seriously? It's practically CHI TEA). Chi by its very nature is already short term and demands player choice to use correctly based on the situation for MWs, whereas this wouldn't ever work in a DPS spec because there would always be one answer, that being the one that does the most damage. This also preserves the Crit mechanic, Chi Brew's mechanic, and opens up interesting ways to use Chi Explosion that aren't present when you can only build 1 chi per 1 GCD maximum.

Granted, I'd rather see Mana Tea burn in a fire than this, but if the mechanic was to be preserved, this is what I would want it to be, not some lame "use button and do more healing!" thing because that's just totally copying WW.

I feel like you should know what you just said. But

A. The reason you had no problems with mana is because you are not using one of your most powerful healing spells
    B. In no way shape or form is RJW an "inferior spell" your just plain wrong. I mean you can take Xuen or CT if your having trouble with mana but RJW is still just too strong to not take. A 0 Overhealing RJW can easily do 200-300k Healing. It is a fantastic spike heal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    -snip-
    I thought Chai Tea was more a reference to your toon than to Chi tea.

Damnit Total, y u do dis!

On topic, I like the idea. It makes it feel more like you're managing something, and less like doing something because your ability mana costs are overtuned and you're forced into healing downtime to recover the loss.
    Brolibear!

Quote Originally Posted by Volibear View Post
    I thought Chai Tea was more a reference to your toon than to Chi tea.

Damnit Total, y u do dis!

On topic, I like the idea. It makes it feel more like you're managing something, and less like doing something because your ability mana costs are overtuned and you're forced into healing downtime to recover the loss.
    Other way around, my character is the same play on words. It was originally Totalchi before I changed it to -chai because I was drinking tea every 10 seconds in early MoP.

7+ Year Old Account
    Other way around, my character is the same play on words. It was originally Totalchi before I changed it to -chai because I was drinking tea every 10 seconds in early MoP.
    Ah, that makes a lot more sense. I wish I was good at wordplay
    Brolibear!

Quote Originally Posted by Volibear View Post
    Ah, that makes a lot more sense. I wish I was good at wordplay
    Well if you were a lightning-weaving panda Volibear would be pretty punny.

-snip-
    Huh, neat. Makes for interesting changes on the T45 row without even changing them, too; Ascension like you said, and it also makes Chi Brew into a kind of analogue to Enraged Regeneration since you'd get some chi when you push the button and more over time when you drink the tea stacks.

-snip-
    Could see that being a pain to use because it ticks so fast right now. Like, staying at 0.5s, which it doesn't have to, it would be easy to get more chi than you wanted or waste stacks entirely, and since it costs a GCD to use it seems like a waste to use with any less than 3 stacks on you.

Would also let MW do some crazy, crazy burst for things like Tectus Upheaval, like "what the hell" burst. It'd probably require some spec retuning entirely.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    Could see that being a pain to use because it ticks so fast right now. Like, staying at 0.5s, which it doesn't have to, it would be easy to get more chi than you wanted or waste stacks entirely, and since it costs a GCD to use it seems like a waste to use with any less than 3 stacks on you.

Would also let MW do some crazy, crazy burst for things like Tectus Upheaval, like "what the hell" burst. It'd probably require some spec retuning entirely.
    Well ideally it would just auto-stop when chi is full, frankly I'm not sure why Mana Tea doesn't except to troll new players. It would make the glyph pretty useful though (since you'd already be sipping every so often anyways) provided it triggered only a reduced GCD. Also, much like Mana Tea, I've never been a fan of the channel taking a full GCD anyways, why can't it just be 0.5 seconds like Soothing since you're not doing anything else anyways?

As for burst being OP, probably a lot less than you think. Remember this would prohibit you from using an actual healing spell for that GCD, and Chi Brew + preloading chi is already a thing to Uplift x4 (or more appropriately Uplift, RJW, Uplift, Uplift, Uplift, RJW, Uplift since RJW is still a ton of HPET).

Anyway, I don't really think MW needs a mechanic like that to be interesting, but I'd much rather see that than something like an Elusive Brew or Tigereye Brew clone.

Quote Originally Posted by uvbinjacked View Post
    So, from what he explained to me, and i'm kind of confused on how u commented on it being a bug, but he said his chi explosion can hit the same person more than once. Hes cheesing where the balls drop and the overhealing by standing in a corner, thus the balls drop in a 180 degree arc in front of him (where all our raid is). He also times it so that he drops them every cleave, thus there is always damage to heal. He basically said he doesn't believe it is a bug, just a sort of cheese with our strat. He said some people are also starting to replicate it.
    he literally says in his statement. "as far as the bug is concerned it is highly replicable"

7+ Year Old Account
    Well if you were a lightning-weaving panda Volibear would be pretty punny.
    This was true in SoO
    Brolibear!

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    It's probably Detonate Chi at good times to make sure no healing is wasted, or melee/hunters were CONSTANTLY moving slightly to pick them up (but probably detonate because the orb's top healed are a shaman, a lock, and 3 mages). 33 CE casts is a max of 264 CE orbs. He has 256 CE orb heals (97% pickup), with only 13% overheal on all of the orbs except the 8 that missed people (probably most of the final 8 that he spawned plus maybe a couple here and there). That's insanely low overheal on the orbs.

The other log had 112/224 CE orbs used (50% pickup).
    Actually I was looking at the "casts" which seems reasonable but for some reason one "cast" can result in multiple "hits" apparently, like 4x the amount he should have. Someone already said this, but I didn't understand what they were talking about because I'm dumb or something. That basically means definitely a bug. The spheres are only 600% spellpower out of the ~1800% spellpower that one 4-chi CE does, so it would basically NEED to be a bug to do that much healing compared to the actual CE and Eminence heals, so checks out there too. Or rather, completely doesn't check out.

Perhaps the bug has to do with the orbs spawning next to a wall.

- - - Updated - - -

So, from what he explained to me, and i'm kind of confused on how u commented on it being a bug, but he said his chi explosion can hit the same person more than once. Hes cheesing where the balls drop and the overhealing by standing in a corner, thus the balls drop in a 180 degree arc in front of him (where all our raid is). He also times it so that he drops them every cleave, thus there is always damage to heal. He basically said he doesn't believe it is a bug, just a sort of cheese with our strat. He said some people are also starting to replicate it.
    The above post is for you, especially. Seems like the spell is doing way more healing than it should, on the order of 4x as many heals.

- - - Updated - - -

Our strat for butcher is different than most because our guild lacks a disc priest and we felt the dps would be too low to down him regularly. Thus, we decided on a 9 9 pool party strat where we have a hunter (switches between two of them) rotate to cause the bleed stacks. For the charge, we have a hunter take it one of the times, and all the rest are taken by our holy priest who dies, heals as an angel, and gets rezzed.
    This also makes barely any sense. The Hunter would die soaking bleeds for both groups, and I don't see how taking extra damage helps you kill the boss faster. So confused.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise