Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    stop being a bitch and do what your raid leader says

the ranged take almost 0 dmg if you have a competent disc/tanks in the raid, and most of the time melee are LoS from all healers. it makes sense. no-one cares about hps on progress.
    im just xuen chi explosion statue in ranged group

Edit: yay killed him, https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...7DY4j#fight=43 thanks for the suggestion volibear, worked really well. Wasn't anywhere close to ranking, but it's all about downing bosses! less than a day of pulls.
    Last edited by Buildapanda; 2015-02-27 at 07:07 AM.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

Deleted
    If anyone had been unable to do the healing endless before, now would be a really good time to go do it. Beat my previous record by 22 waves on my first try. With proper strategy/concentration I think I could have added another 20. And in the old record I'm not gonna lie I went full tryhard.

Much easier now. Just use high ilevel jewellery with spirit and everything else bare minimum including weapon. Try to go for Haste > Crit. I ended up using a lot of that mistdancer set actually. Ideally have Otos health below 200k when you start with 1.2k + spirit

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    Heroic Chew Toy is a slight upgrade over Candle, for perspective. As long as you're not close to mana cap. Candle has more int

Thanks (and mollify). Might keep candle around for when I use CT or fistweave for any prolonged period then. The amount of mana I've been left with when using CT is ridiculous. Although still preferring RJW in general for the on demand burst, raw output & not losing movement.

Looking to start my first healer (Normal/Heroic but probably never Mythic content) and mistweavers look fun. Was just wondering how much fistweaving I would be doing? So far leveling (Around 70 at the moment) and I have been pretty much unable to fistweave, as the people I'm with take too much damage to facilitate it. Also, is this guide still up to date? I know a lot of talents got buffed with 6.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Korkk View Post
    Looking to start my first healer (Normal/Heroic but probably never Mythic content) and mistweavers look fun. Was just wondering how much fistweaving I would be doing? So far leveling (Around 70 at the moment) and I have been pretty much unable to fistweave, as the people I'm with take too much damage to facilitate it. Also, is this guide still up to date? I know a lot of talents got buffed with 6.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkioh View Post
    I'll be updating the OP with all the 6.1 information whenever I get a break from raiding. I beg your patience with this.
    ^ Monkioh's in <Midwinter> working on Mythic Blackhand, so cut him some slack.

For leveling fistweave if you have the gear, but it's not really good in dungeons because you lose so much of the group's total healing for it to often be viable. It's much more practical as utility for certain raid fights.
    Last edited by Geodew; 2015-02-27 at 06:27 AM.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Thanks for the quick reply! I guess I'll worry about fistweaving more once I'm in a raid setting.

Deleted

He's gonna update it soon I think when blackhand is down.

Been a long time since I levelled my monk, when I did fistweaving was usable but I dunno. When I was levelling 90-100 and gearing up at 100 in hc's I found it unusable. Possibly with a strong group & tanks that actually mitigate/kite/aren't bad in 5 mans it would be. My experiences with 5 mans in WoD were largely with a group of 610-620 not so great players so I never went near it.

In raids its a good idea to go crane for pull (esp if there's hero) or during any window of low healing greater than 20 seconds or so. It's still mana positive in 6.1 with 1.2k spirit and 2 set. That's just where I'm at.... dunno at what spirit level it stops being mana positive but I'd say with 2 set maybe about 900 spirit? Probs about 1.2k without? Complete guess but it's still relevant as a mana generator & free damage during low healing periods where theres only a small/no risk.

Hey guys, first time poster, long time viewer here. So, do you guys have any specific tips/talents for heroic blackhand? It's worth mentioning that I'm on the "balcony" group. Thanks in advance!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meepwn View Post
    Hey guys, first time poster, long time viewer here. So, do you guys have any specific tips/talents for heroic blackhand? It's worth mentioning that I'm on the "balcony" group. Thanks in advance!

Nothing in particular. Diffuse magic works for the Dot/debuff on yourself up there so I took that over Dampen harm personally. Aside from that just used PoM/RJW & Never touched RJW until P3. First thing you should do is place your statue when you're up there.

Aside from that I'd just say avoid burning mana in P1 with RJW since you'll need it for the ST healing in P2 and to have enough going into P3. Only do enough surgings to to keep envelopings rolling and rely on soothing/enveloping primarily (when you can). The buff to enveloping was pretty huge. If you have 2 set and soothing someone with Enveloping on them it's pretty lol to be honest. Been considering just fistweaving boss every time I jump down also to keep that entire phase easy on mana. Haven't done it yet in 6.1 yet though so maybe I'll change my mind

Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    im just xuen chi explosion statue in ranged group

Edit: yay killed him, https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/W8bpHqwxVZP7DY4j thanks for the suggestion volibear, worked really well. Wasn't anywhere close to ranking, but it's all about downing bosses! less than a day of pulls.
    I'm pretty sure I've ranked close to dead last on all of our kills, but hey at least we're killing shit. My guild leader doesn't care, even though I care so it's whatever. Rankings for healing are really dumb anyways, you're only going to rank well if you get really solid revivals and when you have a healing team that has 3 absorb healers that'll never happen. As long as bosses are dieing you should be ok.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyriaa View Post
    I'm pretty sure I've ranked close to dead last on all of our kills, but hey at least we're killing shit. My guild leader doesn't care, even though I care so it's whatever. Rankings for healing are really dumb anyways, you're only going to rank well if you get really solid revivals and when you have a healing team that has 3 absorb healers that'll never happen. As long as bosses are dieing you should be ok.

You didn't pad? Bad healer. Leave pls

Deleted
    Thanks for the quick reply! I guess I'll worry about fistweaving more once I'm in a raid setting.
    Focus on the basics of healing first you can heal EVERY encounter without fistweaving. Fistweaving is not a gain in HPS, it's a decent/strong utility you have that on SOME fights can ALSO do good healing.

edit: for Heroic Blackhand we don't send a healer up ;O
    Last edited by mmoc9b3cf529b2; 2015-02-27 at 07:29 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JabJabUplift View Post
    for Heroic Blackhand we don't send a healer up ;O

You hef lolchickens ferals or roguez? We send up 2 fury & prot warrior. No logical reason. Just cause.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    In theory, the downtime should be the same in total unless you were hitting mana cap. You're still consuming the same number of stacks.
    game aesthetics don't work like that, i'm pretty sure he means he channels for longer periods of time on average

Deleted
    Yeah usually I channel a few stacks and get great mana in return, now I feel like I'm spending more time channeling to get the same mana back.

They should make the drinking a lot faster.

So you'll still get less mana returned, but have less downtime because you drink your 20 stacks very fast!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    game aesthetics don't work like that, i'm pretty sure he means he channels for longer periods of time on average
    Plus on lots of mythic fights you are at that 20 stacks of mana tea point drinking in crane every so often to keep your total possible mana high for when you need to go serepent. Thogar this week felt particularly punishing because of that, it's not gamebreaking or anything but no matter how you cut it 10 seconds downtime in a 15 second window when damage is actually going out feels really bad. So yea, +1 on increasing the speed we drink at, can't think it would have any major implications other than keeping the spec feeling smooth

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atacamite View Post
    Plus on lots of mythic fights you are at that 20 stacks of mana tea point drinking in crane every so often to keep your total possible mana high for when you need to go serepent. Thogar this week felt particularly punishing because of that, it's not gamebreaking or anything but no matter how you cut it 10 seconds downtime in a 15 second window when damage is actually going out feels really bad. So yea, +1 on increasing the speed we drink at, can't think it would have any major implications other than keeping the spec feeling smooth
    Some scaling to haste would be nice. Would rather the entire mana tea mechanic was just turned into some kind of spirit proc or something that required no downtime though. Or a choice of turning stacks into a spirit/throughput proc for some added depth and choice.

I dunno.

I dislike the mechanic greatly. -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Or you know. They could just remove it ^_________________^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    Or you know. They could just remove it ^_________________^

I mean.... yeh. I guess. It's the downtime I dislike not so much having a mana return mechanic. In a lot of ways its complete removal would be a huge dumbing down of the spec and there's been enough of that for specs in wod already.

I actually like the triple resource management, I just dislike standing like a mong channelling it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spinandwin View Post
    I mean.... yeh. I guess. It's the downtime I dislike not so much having a mana return mechanic. In a lot of ways its complete removal would be a huge dumbing down of the spec and there's been enough of that for specs in wod already.

I actually like the triple resource management, I just dislike standing like a mong channelling it
    How does removing mana tea mean dumbing down the spec? What was "challenging" about fistweaving to 20 stacks of mana tea and spamming rjw back in Highmaul? You know what's x10 more interesting to fill your downtime with? Crane Stance!

Channeling mana tea is about as interesting as pressing elemental blast every 12 seconds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    How does removing mana tea mean dumbing down the spec? What was "challenging" about fistweaving to 20 stacks of mana tea and spamming rjw back in Highmaul? You know what's x10 more interesting to fill your downtime with? Crane Stance!

Channeling mana tea is about as interesting as pressing elemental blast every 12 seconds.

I dunno I kind of like the utility of being able to grind mana into the bank for later to do heavier healing in a different phase. That plus the damage you put out doing it is nice class design in my opinion. But I mean you could put anything in that sentence and make it sound negative.

What's "challenging" about spamming incinerate until max embers and pressing chaos bolt
    What's "challenging" about pressing 3 buttons off cooldown and moving a beacon around
    What's "challenging" about chaining 4 mitigation abilities and moving a boss

Etc.

Etc.....

You can make anything sound like shit it's not hard. I don't like channeling it but aside from that I see no reason to remove something that's a tool and an advantage.