Deleted
    Thanks for letting me know this trick about 4P bonus. It definitely changed my way of healing, as Monkioh said.

I've noticed it enables me to heal people afflicted by a healing debuff from trash mobs between Socrethar and Velhari. It doesn't work consistently, but I can heal 10 or 20% hp with this trick, from time to time.

As always, this topic is a treasure.

Deleted
    SDI + LC/Extend/Env/Vampiric - Enjoy your free tranq boys

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    SDI + LC/Extend/Env/Vampiric - Enjoy your free tranq boys
    Now if I can convince our spriest to do that for me. SDI is great if I'm too lazy to fistweave...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumiair View Post
    Now if I can convince our spriest to do that for me. SDI is great if I'm too lazy to fistweave...
    Your blood DK

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiair View Post
    Pretty sure he meant Vampiric Blood

Quote Originally Posted by stewiefied View Post
    I think a guild looking at healing meters is ok IF they are also aware of the reasons why the disc is so high on meters, or why the mistweaver without 4pc is so low, things like that. If the guild is still unaware of UFE and you have to explain why you're using it, I would g quit so fast.
    I wish my guild would......

LMAO this is why you don't shit talk guilds you might apply to, RIP your chances

LMAO this is why you don't shit talk guilds you might apply to, RIP your chances
    Who was shit talking a guild you might apply to?

- - - Updated - - -

The reason I brought it up was because it seems like based on the tide of the moon, this place changes from LOL HPS DOESNT MATTER to, LOL HPS MATTERZ U CAN DO GUD LOLZ. It hard to gauge what actually is the best gauge of a healer, so I always figured HPS was the best gauge, then I was told it wasn't, now I'm being told it is? Also Should I not use UFE or no? Now it seems everyone likes SDI... no wonder nobody plays monk, even knowledgeable people have no clue wtf is the best way to play
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

People talking about SDI know what they are doing is meaningless padding. They're talking about fights that they haven't been progressing on in months and are now just screwing around on farm. It's confusing when they just mention it out of context, but if you know enough about who is talking you can tell that what they mean is shits and giggles farm padding to play the "who can do the most HPS" game while also acknowledging that it's a poor way to compare healers and that doing that on anything even resembling a hard boss is probably stupid.

We're just entering the point in the tier where more than half of the bosses are complete jokes for anyone that have been doing Mythic since week 1 and people aren't always clear whether they're talking about mashing HPS for the lulz or what's actually good. I've personally never cared for trying to play the numbers because I don't really find it fun at all, but even people that do find it fun will probably tell you that it's still not a good way to play when your healing actually matters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your blood DK
    OH! I was thinking they did away with that interaction when they changed the trinket! So that's even better then. She'll do it and she'll LIKE IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    Who was shit talking a guild you might apply to?

- - - Updated - - -

The reason I brought it up was because it seems like based on the tide of the moon, this place changes from LOL HPS DOESNT MATTER to, LOL HPS MATTERZ U CAN DO GUD LOLZ. It hard to gauge what actually is the best gauge of a healer, so I always figured HPS was the best gauge, then I was told it wasn't, now I'm being told it is? Also Should I not use UFE or no? Now it seems everyone likes SDI... no wonder nobody plays monk, even knowledgeable people have no clue wtf is the best way to play
    Only reason to not use ufe on anything that actually requires healing is if you're not under healing/want to pad, sdi is trash you can rank harder without it, I figure it's the only thing people are trying to use it for.. I don't know what this hype is all of a sudden either.. I guess if you want to heal and text/watch tv when your over healing? But we can just FW

Maybe it's just the end of the xpac blues and people are bored and trying things
    Last edited by Piffweaver; 2015-09-24 at 09:51 PM.

Idk I'm 9/13 and still have a long way to go. I assume I'm with the majority who still have a lot of progression to go. So I usually take what people say at face value. I've been passing on class trinket and phylactery because of what people said. Now I'm being told I should use it. It's frustrating
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

Idk I'm 9/13 and still have a long way to go. I assume I'm with the majority who still have a lot of progression to go. So I usually take what people say at face value. I've been passing on class trinket and phylactery because of what people said. Now I'm being told I should use it. It's frustrating
    IG and UFE are the go to for healing, geodews list is solid. I swap ufe for black iron micro crucible for fist weave stuff, I'm not sure if reaver trinket is better for that, I just don't have it. I'd miss the proc and I'm pretty sure black iron is higher intellect, so..

Sdi takes away our insane spot healing with extend life and replaces it for insignificant heals when it comes to saving people. And EL has higher output.the only reason I didn't de it is for windwalk.

Phylac is terrible when comparing to m ig(probably heroic too) and any ufe imo
    Last edited by Piffweaver; 2015-09-24 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    The phylactery is simply not giving me as much mana as the mythic crucible does, it's a heroic one, not sure if mythic would change much, I passed to other healers on it so far.
    I've said this multiple times before, but it seems like people don't understand or forget or something. Yes, Phylactery gives less mana than Auto-Repairing Autoclave and Elementalist's Shielding Talisman. However, Phylactery actually gives some static throughput stats which gives just barely more total healing than the lost mana would gain you. That's why Phylactery is better: not because it gives more regen (it doesn't), but because it gives more total healing, which is also really the main reason to stack Spirit in the first place (i.e. it's definitely not to buff your burst).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Helander View Post
    That makes sense. Has anyone figured out how much haste value or percentage it takes to gain "1s of value" ?
    I don't understand your question.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Manno Down! Whee!

ANNDDDD Time for Archi. Fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    I've said this multiple times before, but it seems like people don't understand or forget or something. Yes, Phylactery gives less mana than Auto-Repairing Autoclave and Elementalist's Shielding Talisman. However, Phylactery actually gives some static throughput stats which gives just barely more total healing than the lost mana would gain you. That's why Phylactery is better: not because it gives more regen (it doesn't), but because it gives more total healing, which is also really the main reason to stack Spirit in the first place (i.e. it's definitely not to buff your burst).
    I know, I started using it for the int/haste on fights where there isn't any constant aoe damage.

But I also know monks are probably the only class where this trinket is not awesome.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

7+ Year Old Account
    I know, I started using it for the int/haste on fights where there isn't any constant aoe damage.

But I also know monks are probably the only class where this trinket is not awesome.
    If you break it down to spec, it makes Holy Priests cry, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

10+ Year Old Account

You should try to get IRP. On those type of fights the regen from DP is irrelevant, so might as well get 350 extra crit.

We're also like the only healing class that actually likes IG lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Piffweaver View Post
    Sdi takes away our insane spot healing with extend life and replaces it for insignificant heals when it comes to saving people. And EL has higher output.the only reason I didn't de it is for windwalk.
    I think mythic SDI could be better than EL's highest output on HHC due to ilvl.

Debatable though, gotta see more logs of people with dp + ig now, (have to see if DP is better than EST/ACRA for rjw spam padding).

I'm talking about SDI because HHC is really boring, so I thought it would be entertaining to build a haste set for it. SDI isn't good for most fights because IG is a superior trinket for most fights.
    Last edited by Supliftz; 2015-09-25 at 07:31 AM.

On Zakuun How do you guys position yourselves when coming up from down below? We are stacking at one of the corners of the room, and fairly often I eat 15 Wake of Destructions, which is enough to kill me despite having diffuse + fort brew up.

Side rant, we're on tank #10 for HFC : (. Gearing up a trials 695, alt so we can bring him in on progress next week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slakos View Post
    On Zakuun How do you guys position yourselves when coming up from down below? We are stacking at one of the corners of the room, and fairly often I eat 15 Wake of Destructions, which is enough to kill me despite having diffuse + fort brew up.

Side rant, we're on tank #10 for HFC : (. Gearing up a trials 695, alt so we can bring him in on progress next week.
    LC yourself. You should live if you do that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    People talking about SDI know what they are doing is meaningless padding. They're talking about fights that they haven't been progressing on in months and are now just screwing around on farm. It's confusing when they just mention it out of context, but if you know enough about who is talking you can tell that what they mean is shits and giggles farm padding to play the "who can do the most HPS" game while also acknowledging that it's a poor way to compare healers and that doing that on anything even resembling a hard boss is probably stupid.
    Disclaimer that I don't have 4 piece so I can't possibly attest to how the trinket performs with that bonus active.

Let me tell you how I feel about this trinket. I have the 720 item level one which means that the trinket alone radiates out 50% more healing than RJW - that combined with the spot healing given by SooM and the fact you can game it with Env/Cocoon/Extend (for 30%, 50%, and 15% more healing respectively) make it a strong choice.

After playing with it, it's pretty clear that you don't want RJW with it and you don't get the full benefit of Power Strikes - Chi Brew is also very strong because it lets you get more clutch Enveloping Mist to boost the healing by 30% for 6 seconds. Which brings me to my next point that the trinket probably is still good with 4pc as well, since an increased bulk of your healing will be from Enveloping Mist. Uplift is still used quite a lot too, when you have the chi for it and can't cluster heal.

Baseline with the heroic mode trinket you're doing 903% of your spellpower per second in raw healing for a pittance of mana, without gaming it at all. It's a disgustingly high amount of healing for a disgustingly low amount of mana. I'm not sure I can say that a trinket that single handedly dumpsters every AoE spell in our arsenal bar 4pc Uplifts is bad, I'm also not sure I can say the healing it does is padding either considering the raw amount and efficiency at which it is done.

That being said, it's fucking awful when the raid is spread. There's a good few fights where even the melee have to spread a good distance, and even with me singing praises I have swapped it out for a lot of fights simply to fistweave or because the value simply isn't there when there's no way I can take advantage of it. That doesn't mean it's a shit item, that just means it's Maw of the Dragonlord 2.0, I can very consistently get better results from it than I did with IG.

My two cents.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the problem with threads like these "slightly worse than" quickly becomes fucking garbage that you should pass on. That said, using the tried and tested method is a safe way to guarantee your performance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Piffweaver View Post
    It definitely discourages the use of Uplift more, you would still benefit a lot from Enveloping channeling to your Extend Life targets. You do gain the option of getting to use Soothing though, which will contribute a lot to tank stability. Your spot healing won't be instant, but in any situation it isn't just snipe healing I'm pretty certain Enveloping will be stronger.
    Last edited by mmoc3f252392be; 2015-09-25 at 10:41 AM.