7+ Year Old Account
    Been unsubbed since mid-late August, thought I'd come by and check how we're looking for Legion. Looks like redesigned mastery and... Everything else has been thrown ass up? Total rework, interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    I want my pool of mist back.

They still want ReM-Vivify. However, it is very like 5.4. You need ReM on CD without losing its procs. It's a very terrible idea in practice. People could NEVER use a 6sec spell on CD, for there are always all kinds of limitations. No pool of Mist baseline is still a problem.
    Holy paladins have no problems right now with pressing holy shock on cd.

MFW another week and 0 upgrades (Got a trash belt! But i have a Heroic Socketed Archi so... *shrug*).

On a side note, 3 healing the stuff is fun.

Can't wait for the changes. It looks bad but I wanna test it first BEFORE I make my decision.

mist wrap seems a lot better than i think people are giving it credit, especially if our mastery is applied to the HoT portions of our targeted heals

enveloping mists would be a 1320% sp heal over 6 sec which increases all other healing (soothing, mastery, rem ticks, etc) by a further 50%

the spell does cost 6% of our mana pool which is high but it's still pretty beefy?

(ps: let's all agree if that the +50% healing boost applies to the enveloping itself we don't say anything about it xd)
    Last edited by Floopa; 2015-11-30 at 07:44 AM.

Top 2 stats in Legion are looking like Haste/Crit or Haste/Mastery, eh? I've been wanting Haste to be a top stat since MoP ended so we get back all the "boo 1.5 second GCD" people

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    Holy paladins have no problems right now with pressing holy shock on cd.
    Doesn't their CD scale with Haste? We get Haste breakpoints if pressing ReM on cd is important and the cd doesn't scale with Haste.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

I first started playing monk at the start of WoD. I remember lots of people saying how much better pools of mists played compared to pre-WoD. What was so clunky about not having pools of mists? Does it look like we will be in the same situation in legion?

Deleted
    It was clunky because it required you to press ReM as soon as possible, otherwise you would loose some portion (tens of percents) of maximum potencial uplift healing because it did not have diminishing returns over 6 targets. Not pressing ReM exactly on cd will have no dirrect effect on Essence Font which sort of takes over the spot instead of uplift.

Delaying ReM cast a GCD or two in legion will not hurt us that much, but you will still want to press it on CD because it's very high hpct spell and it procs Vivify bonus. So yea it will have the same issue as MoP ReM, just maybe to a smaller degree. Having more than one charge (even "just" 2) would help enormously, it would make possible to use "ReM cd recgarge time" on 100%, no haste breakpoints, no loss when you have to spotheal some1 (this is also why you can't compare it to Holy Shock), no loss(or not that great loss) when you get stunned by a raid mechanic, no loss when you use TFT for ReM, no loss when you just forgot yourself for a few seconds... It's just sooooo much better for quality of life.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gragagrogog View Post
    It was clunky because it required you to press ReM as soon as possible, otherwise you would loose some portion (tens of percents) of maximum potencial uplift healing because it did not have diminishing returns over 6 targets. Not pressing ReM exactly on cd will have no dirrect effect on Essence Font which sort of takes over the spot instead of uplift.

Delaying ReM cast a GCD or two in legion will not hurt us that much, but you will still want to press it on CD because it's very high hpct spell and it procs Vivify bonus. So yea it will have the same issue as MoP ReM, just maybe to a smaller degree. Having more than one charge (even "just" 2) would help enormously, it would make possible to use "ReM cd recgarge time" on 100%, no haste breakpoints, no loss when you have to spotheal some1 (this is also why you can't compare it to Holy Shock), no loss(or not that great loss) when you get stunned by a raid mechanic, no loss when you use TFT for ReM, no loss when you just forgot yourself for a few seconds... It's just sooooo much better for quality of life.
    I think delaying ReM cast a GCD or two in legion will still hurt us much. The reason is vivify is very expensive. It has much fewer hpm than uplift.

uplift-2chi(4% mana)-990% sp
    vivify-5%mana-600%sp(without procs)

You will always want a proc vivify, or I bet it will be the worst aoe healing spell in WOW. Perhaps they will give us a mana tea stack liked procs?
    when you get stunned by a raid mechanic
    You are right. In 5.4, when I was frequently CCed in Alterac Valley, I couldn't have 6 ReMs. That's why I hate ANY ReM on CD ideas.
    Last edited by cqwrteur; 2015-11-30 at 02:45 PM.

If EF is our main heal anyway, I don't really understand the point of Vivify. It's only useful for cleanup (low injured target count), dungeons, and spot-healing I guess? Even with +50% healing its HPCT and HPM are both worse than EF, but it does proc SooM.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    If EF is our main heal anyway, I don't really understand the point of Vivify. It's only useful for cleanup (low injured target count), dungeons, and spot-healing I guess? Even with +50% healing its HPCT and HPM are both worse than EF, but it does proc SooM.
    Mistweaver in alpha is absolutely broken. Let's wait for beta.

I really don't understand why BLZ so hates RJW. Not making RJW baseline but buff SCK. All specs monk hates SCK/EF.

I bet EF is very terrible in practice, for it prevents ReMs used on CD.
    Last edited by cqwrteur; 2015-11-30 at 05:27 PM.

Deleted
    Vivify is clearly just a spot healing tool, it's binding heal 2.0. When was the last time you saw a priest use Binding Heal for serious AoE?

2 points:

EF is a 2400% sp heal gated behind a weak upfront heal/hot but it's power is the fact it can heal 18 people
    EF roots you in place for 3 sec (w/o haste) so it's likely that's another balance factor (and why we have gloves which let us move while channeling it)

but 18 hots rolling + rem??? our artifact weapon is going to be balanced around that so if you play anything but ef + rem spam the artifact powers are likely to be much weaker.

idk, i suspect EF will get nerfed
    Last edited by Floopa; 2015-11-30 at 06:01 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    Vivify is clearly just a spot healing tool, it's binding heal 2.0. When was the last time you saw a priest use Binding Heal for serious AoE?
    http://beta.wowdb.com/talent-calculator#W:

binding heal 600%sp 3%mana cost
    vivify 600%sp 5%mana cost
    lol

http://beta.wowdb.com/talent-calculator#W:

binding heal 600%sp 3%mana cost
    vivify 600%sp 5%mana cost
    lol
    binding heal is a talent + has a cast time. ours has a chance to be 50% stronger and is instant, and can cost no mana with TFT

Deleted
    BTW how does that HoT from Essence Font work? It's 3 times 6-people hit, what if it hits one person multiple times? Does it stack? Does it just increase/refresh duration? Or is it multiple times on one person?

Deleted
    I'd assume it would follow the same rules as any other HoT

Mistweaver in alpha is absolutely broken. Let's wait for beta.

I really don't understand why BLZ so hates RJW. Not making RJW baseline but buff SCK. All specs monk hates SCK/EF.

I bet EF is very terrible in practice, for it prevents ReMs used on CD.
    It's mostly because SCK locks you out for it's duration and does very little for costing you that time healing. RJW is so great because you can still cast Uplifts during it, and it's strong. But you make SCK too strong and then you're just spamming it. I personally felt that if MW still had chi, it would be a chi dump with a cooldown and spit out healing bolts like Essence Font, that'd be cool to me.

It is only alpha, but a lot of the problems from WoD and MoP still exist. When other healer classes are getting new tools, new functionality it's sad to see that even though everything is changing for MW in terms of what spells we cast, nothing is changing for MW in terms of our desirability, even if they just stapled oodles of throughput onto spells we still are net negative in our healing toolkit.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    I'd assume it would follow the same rules as any other HoT
    Hmm, then assuming after you start channel at 0s, first bolt is at 1s, second at 2s, third at 3s, all hitting the same person, first HoT would tick for 2 seconds (second bolt HoT wasted completely) and then refreshed by third bolt to 130% of max duration. So the HoT would last 9.8 seconds, compared to 3 HoTs on 3 people for 6 seconds that's 45.5% waste of HoT portion, or 16.4% of total EF healing from 3 bolts to one player. (Teoreticly, passive artifact bonuses should decrease the loss and haste should increase it due the hot being a bigger portion of the healing) That's not exactly terribad, but still... ~1880 SP instead of 2250 in (I think) very real scenario.
    Last edited by mmoc74e1e3d53a; 2015-11-30 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    binding heal is a talent + has a cast time. ours has a chance to be 50% stronger and is instant, and can cost no mana with TFT
    vivify and binding heal have the same cast time what?

Quote Originally Posted by Natureseer View Post
    vivify and binding heal have the same cast time what?
    okay i'm retarded

i swear when i saw the tooltip i saw "instant cast"