It's certainly not awful, although I do need to make a new weakaura for sudden death procs since my current one takes up 25% of my screen.

Deleted
    For the people complaning about garrison discussions in this guide:
    1. Currently there is only one active thread on MMO about garrisons in general and you have to look a little bit around to find it. Since most of the people reading a fury guide are probably also interested in their success chance in the upcoming raids it is only logical to discuss options to aquire better loot. For the same reason we talk about BiS profiles here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    If you think information on how to best min/max your Fury Warrior isn't applicable to a Fury Warrior guide, I don't know what to say except good luck in Warlords. I guess under the same premise you should request mods remove all posts where players ask questions that is already answered in the stickies.

Wanna make two things clear.
    1) We are talking about raid preparation, not how to get as many epics as you can over the tier.
    That's just syntax in my opinion. For the majority of people clearing mythic will take more than 6 weeks and I doubt everyone will be fully geared until that time. Especially for people which mostly raid heroic this is important, since they can increase their chance for mythic gear. But it is true that the war mill is not that interesting in the first two weeks, simply because you don't have the resources. But the same argument can be made for trading post materials.

2) Those follower missions aren't going to appear in the first few weeks. They have been pretty quiet about how they will work exactly but there are a few bits that have been weaseled out. One of which is that you have to have a bunch of followers with high ilvl by then, which does take some time, and two you only have access to that mission after doing some amount of raiding that week (from my understanding you have to do something like defeat 3 bosses of the same difficulty to get access, and again they won't be active immediately on raid release).
    Its true that it is not exactly clear when these missions are unlocked, but my current information is that you only need one NPC with ilvl 645 and that is achievable in the first 2 weeks via salvage yard materials. Even then we probably have to wait some time before the first mission unlocks, but I rather want to maximize my chances. I think this is even more important if you raid mostly HC and only slowly progress into mythic, because you can aquire mythic items this way.

Either way, means you aren't going to be getting those missions until after raids release, and its only for a random chance for loot (that cannot be a weapon or trinket from the last thing I heard). I was talking specifically about becoming as raid prepared as possible before raids release. Even if the two were equal, I'd take the guaranteed chance of crafting items over the random chance of a follower mission giving me something I actually want.

Not saying follower missions are useless, they just weren't my point. If you want to do both, you are best off simply replacing the crafting buildings once you are done. You won't be anywhere near far behind with follower upgrades I promise.
    The thing is you don't have to sacrifice one thing for another. The only buildings you need for raid preparation are your profession buildings and a barn. Even the barn is optional, because you can just buy the epic materials out of the AH, although this will be expensive as hell. And if you log in everyday 98 (17*4) hours don't even need your profession buildings on level 3, because each work order takes 4 hours (you need level 2 because followers working at your building increase your work order output).
    My initial argument was that the trading post is not really feasible and that there are much better options to use your garrisons.
    To conclude this: When you upgrade your main building to level 2 (which will be really soon) you also unlock all level 2 plans (except the salvage yard, which is only available through a quest line in Spires). For every level 3 plan you have to achieve a building related achievement (most of the time it's just "Use your building enough times"-like) before you can purchase it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduryondon View Post
    To conclude this: When you upgrade your main building to level 2 (which will be really soon) you also unlock all level 2 plans (except the salvage yard, which is only available through a quest line in Spires).
    You sure about that? Last time I leveled on beta (granted a few builds ago) you had to buy the plans from completing quest chains. Despite locking you into questing, I actually liked it better than "ding level, spend gold on shit, done".

Your points are valid, and yes you can buy the mats off the AH, but that still means someone along the line is locked into the barn building, and on overpopulated servers, the competition will still be extreme. It's still a very poor system and still locks you into certain buildings in the garrison which does remove much of the player choice/customization. Barns should have just been more efficient to obtain the mats, not a requirement. Its the exact same argument (that was won) regarding cooking and barn food imbalance.

Honestly, garrisons on their own aren't bad. I don't like the storyboard implications, and I have a few other personal gripes with them, but the concept is fine. Its the implementation I think should have been polished much more.

Deleted
    You sure about that? Last time I leveled on beta (granted a few builds ago) you had to buy the plans from completing quest chains. Despite locking you into questing, I actually liked it better than "ding level, spend gold on shit, done".
    Yeah, the quest rewards still exist, but they are merely so that poor people can afford level 2 blueprints (because most of these cost 1000-1500g).

Your points are valid, and yes you can buy the mats off the AH, but that still means someone along the line is locked into the barn building, and on overpopulated servers, the competition will still be extreme. It's still a very poor system and still locks you into certain buildings in the garrison which does remove much of the player choice/customization. Barns should have just been more efficient to obtain the mats, not a requirement. Its the exact same argument (that was won) regarding cooking and barn food imbalance.

Honestly, garrisons on their own aren't bad. I don't like the storyboard implications, and I have a few other personal gripes with them, but the concept is fine. Its the implementation I think should have been polished much more.
    Yeah, I completely agree with that. I really like the follower system and things like ogre way points are a nice addition (although I will probably only build hte building for achievement purposes). But I also think that the introduction to garrison management is presented in a bad way, it took me 2 whole days to understand that work orders are sequentially processed and my search for posts about that topic hints that this will be the case for most people. Furthermore the whole resource system leads to so much traps. While questing you get enough resources to upgrade most of your stuff and even buy exp potions and when you're through the leveling content you realize that it takes ages to gather 1000 additional resources.
    But this post has gone way too off-topic now and I should probably stop my rambling =)

You don't get the lvl 2 blueprints at garrison lvl 2. You might get it at lvl 3, I'm not 100% sure.

And just as I looked this up on wowhead I noticed that to buy the lvl 3 blueprints you need the achievements (which doesn't make sense, since you get then for free once you complete the achievements), fml.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    And just as I looked this up on wowhead I noticed that to buy the lvl 3 blueprints you need the achievements (which doesn't make sense, since you get then for free once you complete the achievements), fml.
    It's for your alts.

You don't get the lvl 2 blueprints at garrison lvl 2. You might get it at lvl 3, I'm not 100% sure.

Currently on the beta, the achievements don't give you the tier 3 plan. You still have to buy it from the goblin dude in your garrison (Alliance probably have a gnome), you achievement just unlocks the ability to buy the plan.

but my current information is that you only need one NPC with ilvl 645 and that is achievable in the first 2 weeks via salvage yard materials.
    Just to point out that yes, this is possible, but your salvage crates will just as often give you grey items. Or level 60 greens. Or other useless junk. There's a very heavy element of RNG with them.

Deleted
    Ah, just checked Wowhead for it, seems like they unlock when you reach certain levels (or outposts in the zones), at level 100 every tier 2 plan is available.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    Just to point out that yes, this is possible, but your salvage crates will just as often give you grey items. Or level 60 greens. Or other useless junk. There's a very heavy element of RNG with them.
    Yes that's of course true, I just averaged over my experience with them the last 3-4 weeks, it may take less or more time, depending on your mission activity (do 1 hour missions every hour or queue 10hour missions and go to work).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduryondon View Post
    For the people complaning about garrison discussions in this guide:
    1. Currently there is only one active thread on MMO about garrisons in general and you have to look a little bit around to find it. Since most of the people reading a fury guide are probably also interested in their success chance in the upcoming raids it is only logical to discuss options to aquire better loot. For the same reason we talk about BiS profiles here.

That's just syntax in my opinion. For the majority of people clearing mythic will take more than 6 weeks and I doubt everyone will be fully geared until that time. Especially for people which mostly raid heroic this is important, since they can increase their chance for mythic gear. But it is true that the war mill is not that interesting in the first two weeks, simply because you don't have the resources. But the same argument can be made for trading post materials.

Its true that it is not exactly clear when these missions are unlocked, but my current information is that you only need one NPC with ilvl 645 and that is achievable in the first 2 weeks via salvage yard materials. Even then we probably have to wait some time before the first mission unlocks, but I rather want to maximize my chances. I think this is even more important if you raid mostly HC and only slowly progress into mythic, because you can aquire mythic items this way.

The thing is you don't have to sacrifice one thing for another. The only buildings you need for raid preparation are your profession buildings and a barn. Even the barn is optional, because you can just buy the epic materials out of the AH, although this will be expensive as hell. And if you log in everyday 98 (17*4) hours don't even need your profession buildings on level 3, because each work order takes 4 hours (you need level 2 because followers working at your building increase your work order output).
    My initial argument was that the trading post is not really feasible and that there are much better options to use your garrisons.
    To conclude this: When you upgrade your main building to level 2 (which will be really soon) you also unlock all level 2 plans (except the salvage yard, which is only available through a quest line in Spires). For every level 3 plan you have to achieve a building related achievement (most of the time it's just "Use your building enough times"-like) before you can purchase it.
    Thank you for backing me Since I was the one who brought up the discussion, I was jsut wondering that NOBODY was mentioning this before since garrisons will be a major part of gearing your alts.....and I just don´t want to choose the wrong buildings in this regard.
    So I am really looking forward to some type of gudie by Archi!

Quote Originally Posted by Piccolar View Post
    Thank you for backing me Since I was the one who brought up the discussion, I was jsut wondering that NOBODY was mentioning this before since garrisons will be a major part of gearing your alts.....and I just don´t want to choose the wrong buildings in this regard.
    So I am really looking forward to some type of gudie by Archi!
    As has been stated numerous times, it doesn't really belong here, but I may write something up and put it on SentryTotem. Lemme percolate.

Collision and Archimtiros are now tauren brothers smh. That's why you don't have tusks, you were never orcs at heart.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

Deleted
    just curious if I am doing my math right.
    Let´s take the epic 640 helmet f.e. that needs 100 ore ingots and 5 ore to make. 1 work order at the forge takes 4 hours and awards 1 ingot (costs 5 ore though). So for this helmet you will need 100 work order which would take 400 hours and requires 500 ores. At lvl3 Forge you can queue up to 21 orders at the same time. This means you need 4,76 queue "cycles" which would equal a total of 19,04 hours in order to produce 1 helmet. Could be worth the effort.....1 epic per day approximately

Work orders are not completed at the same time. Queueing then only has the benefit of allowing you not to log in for a while.

Work orders award 8 ingots (10 if you have a follower with BS assigned) and you can craft then if you have the profession, giving you a varying amount depending on your total skill.

Deleted
    Work orders award 8 ingots (10 if you have a follower with BS assigned) and you can craft then if you have the profession, giving you a varying amount depending on your total skill.
    Did they change that with the latest build? If not that information is outdated and it's 1 ingot per work order (with a chance on 2 with a follower assigned). The maximum amount of ingots from the daily blacksmith cooldown is 10 with a skill of 700 (for which you need ingots to reach it, dat spiral).

I stand corrected then, the amounts I referenced were from my past experience.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    It's like you don't like gold.
    Some people just like jumping on and raiding others are completion maniacs who have to try to finish everything and it becomes a way of life. There are also people who don't feel the need to have 500k gold on them at all time I barley ever have more then 5-6k at anyone time unless I am saving up for something. I am still too cheap to buy Yak mount.

Just a theoretical question but if one wants to maximize pure single target damage on garrosh should you go SMF or arms with high mastery, keeping in mind the multiple execute phases.

Collision and Archimtiros are now tauren brothers smh. That's why you don't have tusks, you were never orcs at heart.
    I literally went Tauren for the ridiculous looking transmog opportunities. Every bad transmog I could ever think of on a Orc looks twice as hilarious on a Tauren.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bizerk View Post
    Just a theoretical question but if one wants to maximize pure single target damage on garrosh should you go SMF or arms with high mastery, keeping in mind the multiple execute phases.
    I'd say SMF.

Deleted
    So should I go back to gemming crit now or what?

Finally got around to changing the Wild Strike sound to Heroic Strike

Now it's sort of(?) enjoyable