This doesn't make sense to me:

3. Wild strike/Execute if rage is greater than 100 or if bloodsurge is cockblocking your rotation.
    4. Bloodthirst if enrage is down or rage is below 90.

What is the point of saving up to 90 rage? We don't have a rage dump phase with Colossus Smash anymore. All you ever need at any given time is enough to hit your next Raging Blow, otherwise you risk rage-capping. If enrage is up, and you have 45 rage with no other buttons to hit, why would you not hit WS? You are guaranteed to have the 10 rage you need for your next RB because Bloodthirst gives it to you (unless of course you're going to manually proc it with Enrage, but that's easy to play around).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayson Carlyle View Post
    If enrage is up, and you have 45 rage with no other buttons to hit, why would you not hit WS?
    You do, look at 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduryondon View Post
    You do, look at 7.
    My mistake, that was very difficult to parse correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by tankz0 View Post
    If you actually read the guide, you can see that it is good to gem haste even after the 11% (raid buffed) cap.

Haste cap(11% buffed) > Crit cap (~44% as smf, ~48% as tg) > Mastery > More Haste (which means over the 11% cap) > More Crit

So what does this line say to us? In the beginning it says that we should get haste cap, right? Its not very hard to get and is usually obtainable only through gear. Going on we see that we should get crit cap, this one is also not very hard to get but if you arent very well geared you probably must gem for this one. As we move further to the right we get our next stat, mastery. Now mastery doesnt seem to have a cap which means that we should get as much as possible of this stat and never trade it for anything except if you loose haste or crit cap. Now we have two more left, more haste and more crit and as you can read, more haste is better than more crit so there is no question what we should choose.

Now that we have learned how to read a priority list or whatever we should call it, its time to gem our gear! Woho.

So, for starters. Socket bonuses are ALWAYS worth getting, not matter what. Since they removed expertise and hit rating from gems, they have broken the laws and you can now have two yellow stats on a gem (haste/crit, or haste/mastery for example) which helps out sooo soo much.

So what gems should we aim for?

Yellow
    Dont have crit cap? 20crit - Dont have haste cap? 20 haste - Do you have both caps? 20 mastery

Red
    Dont have crit cap? Haste/Crit - Do you have crit cap? Haste/Mastery

Blue
    Crit/Mastery or Haste/Crit, depends on what stat you need

Now you might wonder why there are no strength gems mentioned, thats because strength in gems are simply not worth, i can go on and write calculations and explanations for why but i just cba. Strength in gems just doesnt give as much dps as the other stats.
    Now you might wonder "but set bonuses give strenght?!?!?!?WTF!!!" well, since its so easy to get haste/crit/mastery combos now and still get the socket bonus, its very worth.
    very informative, knew most of it but it gave me a clearer point of view, regardless :
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...erbalqt/simple
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...D%C3%BD/simple
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Thygor/simple

this what really confuses me, cause clearly these guys are over crit cap, obviously they are over haste aswell (you can't go below 8% ish if you ahve BIS gear no matter what), so why not gem to mastery at all ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigsteak View Post
    very informative, knew most of it but it gave me a clearer point of view, regardless :
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...erbalqt/simple
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...D%C3%BD/simple
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Thygor/simple

this what really confuses me, cause clearly these guys are over crit cap, obviously they are over haste aswell (you can't go below 8% ish if you ahve BIS gear no matter what), so why not gem to mastery at all ?
    They have the correct gems before 6.0. Looks like they havent bothered to change.

Also, as I said in the first post; going over haste cap is nothing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson Carlyle View Post
    My mistake, that was very difficult to parse correctly.
    It's a priority list, when a gcd is available just start at #1 and work all the way down. Hit the ability that fits the expression, then restart from #1 on the next gcd.

10+ Year Old Account
    For some reason, all my buffs are additive to my stats except Haste...

The 5% Haste buff is actually giving me almost 16% more Haste, or 7.28 percentage points.

EDIT: More information as the Armory's not working correctly; I have 45.6% Haste from gear, and the 5% Haste buff puts me at 52.88% Haste. This is with no Windsong procs.
    Last edited by Firebert; 2014-10-27 at 07:05 PM.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

They have the correct gems before 6.0. Looks like they havent bothered to change.

Also, as I said in the first post; going over haste cap is nothing to worry about.
    cheers mate, appreciated.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably one of the more stupid questions to ask, like, ever but having not played a DW class where you couldn't cheese it through BoE/Seasonal events, is it annoying to have to get two weapons? The random nature of a drop on top of the random chance at getting it on roll twice seems like it could be something that would make you want to pull your hair out if you're unlucky? Is it unfair or greedy to roll on a second weapon for your off-hand when another could use it as their main-hand or is that subjective on top of being less ideal since a MH contributes more than an OH?

Whenever I ran with our Fury Warrior, it felt like a vacuum when it came to weapons but that may simply be that that Warrior was a douche and rolled on everything that dropped without thinking about the rest of the guild or how much of a sidegrade they were.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    For some reason, all my buffs are additive to my stats except Haste...

The 5% Haste buff is actually giving me almost 16% more Haste, or 7.28 percentage points.

EDIT: More information as the Armory's not working correctly; I have 45.6% Haste from gear, and the 5% Haste buff puts me at 52.88% Haste. This is with no Windsong procs.
    yep, i note this today, the buff haste give 5% of your haste unbuff + 5%

45.6x(5/100)=2.28

45.6+2.28+5=52.88

I don't understand how work the raid buff haste because the buff multistrike of rogue work correctly @+5%.

From my understanding, haste buffs have always been multiplicative. We just haven't had a haste buff until this expansion, so we didn't notice.

funny because its true

Although I realise this is a rotten apple to poke at, I find it funny that noone is commenting the fact that he gemmed and enchanted full haste on all his gear.

Deleted
    Mundo goes where he pleases!

On topic: I think he just got obsessed with his idea of a full haste build.
    Last edited by mmoca9bcd482cb; 2014-10-27 at 09:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mykir View Post
    I think he just got obsessed with his idea of a full haste build.
    Blizzard did say with the stat revamp that it wouldn't matter what you stacked, you'd still have comparable DPS. Plus, as I think the multiplicative Haste is a now probably a bug (it was present on Frost Armor on my Arcane Mage, but that was intended), it numerically counts as far more stats raidbuffed than stacking anything else.
    Last edited by Firebert; 2014-10-27 at 09:39 PM.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

10+ Year Old Account
    And obviously, Blizzard always do what they say...

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Blizzard did say with the stat revamp that it wouldn't matter what you stacked, you'd still have comparable DPS.
    Tell that to Arms Warriors Mastery. It's an ideal, nothing more. While they've done a good job putting all the stats a lot closer together, it simply isn't possible to make things completely comparable.

One stat will always be better than another, that's math, and the nature of competitive players say that they will look for ways to optimize it.

even with socket bonuses, is this the right setup ? http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ll/Frub/simple
    if anything els i might aswell abandon haste + crit and go for crit + mastery instead ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsteak View Post
    even with socket bonuses, is this the right setup ? http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ll/Frub/simple
    if anything els i might aswell abandon haste + crit and go for crit + mastery instead ?
    It really doesn't matter at this point unless gems are being AHed at near vendor cost. I'd probably stack Haste/Crit since those two stats will be more useful for leveling than Mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrArtorius View Post
    And obviously, Blizzard always do what they say...
    Generally, that's the case, and in this example, it's something they're going to have to stick to due to the reduced gear control as compared to MoP.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)