I'm starting to get a little disapointed with the warrior community we have on this site. If you think Firebert's posts have no context you should ignore them and not bother argueing because he's not going to listen anyway. Stop filling entire pages with pointless discussions- do that in PM if you absolutely have to.

It's pretty obvious these threads are made to push each spec to it's maximum DPS and nothing else. If you consider it "viable" to do less DPS because of preference, go ahead and play that style but don't come here to pick stupid fights when people have math stating otherwise.
    Last edited by Mileylool; 2015-01-25 at 05:23 PM.

The problem is he's spreading misinformation and some people may believe in him, because he does sound convincing sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thefuga View Post
    The problem is he's spreading misinformation
    I'm here to tackle misinformation, not spread it.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Then stop spreading information that is false.
    Thanks for getting behind me on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mileylool View Post
    Just make sure you try your best to present your ideas with some kind of calculation backing it.
    Which ideas are you talking about? If what people are talking about is incorrect I correct it. If there needs to be any kind of numerical calculation I will provide it. None of you have asked it of me because I'm not currently challenging anything numerical.

Quote Originally Posted by Mileylool View Post
    If it gets to the point where it's just nonesense mods will deal with it.
    Tell me about it, it's getting seriously out of hand in here.

Quote Originally Posted by ProtoSaura View Post
    But people here don't want to know what's viable, we want to know what's competitive.
    Then people should learn the terminology before spreading misinformation. Also, competetive is an arbitrary term.

Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    nitpicks posts
    You mean prevent the spread of misinformation.
    Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    he doesn't care that X is the best as he prefers Y and the difference is small anyway.
    True, but irrelevant to what I post (as it doesn't depend on what I do or not).
    Last edited by Firebert; 2015-01-28 at 10:46 AM.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by thefuga View Post
    The problem is he's spreading misinformation and some people may believe in him, because he does sound convincing sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Just make sure you try your best to present your ideas with some kind of calculation backing it. This isn't philosophy. If it gets to the point where it's just nonesense mods will deal with it.

My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    *rolls eyes*

Making up your own definitions and making random claims without experience let alone numbers to defend them is not how you tackle misinformation.

Because you know you're bad when even Sarri will tell you to shush.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    This is literally the dream.

Deleted
    What are people looking for in this Thread?
    I'd wager a guess and say it's information on how to play Fury as best as a humanly possible. We seek the highest damage numbers, we want to absolut demolish people on meters. Some of us even want to Rank!

In that vein, Firebert, yes Siegebreaker, Versatility-gems and whatnot may be "viable". Hey if you kill Raidbosses with your Guild that way, that's cool, totally fine by me. But people here don't want to know what's "viable", we want to know what's "competitive." What performs best on which fights under general circumstances.

So, to everyone, let's do what we came here to do: Theorycraft! With Maths! And Simcraft, because Lord knows it's our best tool and it beats a touchy-feely approach.
    Remember to post evidence of your claims. And if someone has no evidence? Ignore that crap! Or better: Post counter-evidence that it IS crap.

Back to topic:

How could I change stuff in Simcraft around to reflect the 6.1 changes? I'm fairly new to SimCraft; still figuring this stuff out. Appreciate the help.

Stop. Feeding. The. Trolls. You are giving him exactly what he craves, negative attention. You cannot reason with a troll, remember that. Just because he packages his acid into a well written post, doesn't mean he's not baiting attention.

Quote Originally Posted by ProtoSaura View Post
    How could I change stuff in Simcraft around to reflect the 6.1 changes? I'm fairly new to SimCraft; still figuring this stuff out. Appreciate the help.
    I think you have to download the source files then find & change the values of the ability, then recompile it... (I think).
    Last edited by Blacken; 2015-01-25 at 09:52 PM.

ive been infracted like 5 times for talking about firebert.

Guy has some friends with forum powers. Please keep reporting him until something's done.

No not it's not that, it's more that you insulted/flamed him, which I understand is desirable-- but against the rules.

What he's doing isn't against the rules, but any raiding warrior active in this thread knows he's posting sludge and backwards information, then calling it not optimal but viable. It's admirable that some are trying to correct it publicly, but it's contributing to the overall problem.

What needs to happen is Firebert needs to be banned from posting in this thread. The people active in this thread are trying to move this class and spec forward as well as offer advice to players who seek it, he however is posting unpopular opinion to bait attention, sadly you guys are taking the bait.

He is toxic to the purpose of this thread... should this really be allowed-- mods?

At the very least, please stop responding to him.

p.s. someone please make the fluid warrior, or something... I miss EJ :c
    Last edited by Blacken; 2015-01-26 at 03:41 AM.

Logged in for the first time in two years just to say +1 for using that gif of Asmongold.

Firebert spreads misinformation like crazy. His ridiculous views and reasoning exist only in his mind. Thank god we all slam him so some new warrior doesn't come in here and think anything he says is going to lead to optimal results.

Still I agree that locking him from any of the guide threads would be beneficial, as the point is to instruct to optimum playstyles. Let him have his visions of viability in the other threads, but not the guides.

- - - Updated - - -

So back to real talk, has anyone run numbers on Avatar vs Bladestorm? How many targets does bladestorm win out at? I am terrible at simming things like this.

I don't understand why you guys all hate Firebert so much. He is a well respected and valuable member of this community..

A demonstration of the warrior community's ability to discuss the Fury guide right here in this thread.
    Thank you guys.

I just ran some sims. I used a 7.5 minute patchwork fight w/ 20% fight time variance. The gear setup was BiS with a Mythic Brackenspore Bottle as the second trinket because it would cause the least amount of variance in result because of its constant stats. I didn't use any custom overrides because I'm not that familiar with the strings to optimize on use trinket use.

Deleted
    Got any clue on where the 680 alchemy trinket would stay in that list? Has any1 done sims on it already?

I wish i could SIMC at work.... was hoping someone had ran some new numbers for siegebreaker/avatar changes to see how they fit in with everything.

How is firebert still allowed here? I had no idea who he was until I just read a few pages back... He is literally arguing for mathematically worse stats for no other reason than "its so close that it doesnt matter" even when others point out that they are just trying to min max to the extreme...

Seriously, how are the mods letting him continue to post here? He has contributed nothing to the discussion at all...

Since he most likely doesn't have any friends left to piss off he reaches out the forums.