Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

What should the Legion Warrior title be? (minor spoilers)

EDIT: Turns out blizz may have listened to people complain when the title originally was known.

It was changed in the last build to:

WARBRINGER

On a related note, our class storyline involves kicking Magtheridan's ass. Again.

Shaman get Mannaroth because we cant have nice thing.

̶F̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶,̶ ̶e̶a̶c̶h̶ ̶c̶l̶a̶s̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶L̶e̶g̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶s̶ ̶i̶t̶s̶ ̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶t̶i̶t̶l̶e̶.̶ ̶F̶o̶r̶ ̶e̶x̶a̶m̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶D̶K̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶D̶e̶a̶t̶h̶l̶o̶r̶d̶ ̶<̶n̶a̶m̶e̶>̶ ̶,̶ ̶M̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶<̶n̶a̶m̶e̶>̶,̶ ̶C̶o̶n̶j̶u̶r̶e̶r̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶T̶i̶r̶i̶s̶g̶a̶r̶d̶e̶.̶ ̶
    ̶
    ̶F̶o̶r̶ ̶W̶a̶r̶r̶i̶o̶r̶s̶ ̶i̶t̶s̶[̶B̶]̶ ̶S̶k̶y̶l̶o̶r̶d̶ ̶<̶N̶a̶m̶e̶>̶[̶/̶B̶]̶
    ̶
    ̶D̶o̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶g̶o̶o̶d̶ ̶t̶i̶t̶l̶e̶?̶ ̶I̶f̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶,̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶i̶t̶l̶e̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶?̶
    Last edited by Toppy; 2016-01-07 at 03:14 AM.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

7+ Year Old Account
    Seems pretty boring, and I want to say that it is already in game as an alliance npc title (I'll confirm later).

I'd rather have something more warrior-esque. Unfortunately many titles are already used. I also think dps and protection should get different titles, a prot warrior with something like 《name》, the Crazed Berserker of the Norse isn't very thematic (ridiculous title on purpose).

Deleted
    Skylord is alright within the whole valhalla/vrykul theme. Just in the whole of wow it makes less sense because it can cause confusion with say shatari skyguard, arrakoa and that kind of factions. and isnt the last boss of grimrail depot a skylord or something similar?

Now i personally wouldn't mind <name>, Son of Odyn or something. (though ofc theres the sons of hodir faction)

Deleted
    I think I found my personal favorite in the "Lord of War" title. Skylord doesn't even come remotely close.

I thought it was "Warbringer <name>", Skylord doesn't fit at all to me. "Eternal Champion <name>", "<name> champion of Valor" etc, seem more fitting.

I'd say that it's too bad PvP exists, cause almost all of the PVP titels (Commander, Warlord, Khan, etc.) would be a perfect fit as a warrior title, but then again, I don't understand why we need class specific titles anyhow.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

WTF Skylord? Gonna let us have rainbow unicorn wings and fart bubbles too? FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Lol my feelings exactly

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I guess it makes sense if you look at that whole jump-to-valhalla thing going on. Yet, I don´t feel very attracted to the title. Then again it appears, that it is not easy to satisfy the whole warrior community because warriors are connected to many possible fantasies. A simple "<Name>, the bloodcrazed" would not appeal to those, who view warriors as cold blodded and steel nerved tacticians, just as "Warstrategist <Name>" would not satisfy all those who think of frothing berserkers when they play their warrior.
    Even if they pick something, that appels to the common idea, that warriors are masters of their weapons (like.. "<Name>, the Edgemaster") I already hear a chorus of people, that point out, that maces are blunt weapons.

All in all I do not see hope for a good title for a class with so much complaints. How about "<Name>, the ever complaining"?

I´m glad Blizzard takes that decision from us, especially seeing, that there are worse titles then Skylord.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Reminds me of Guardians of the Galaxy and how no one knows or takes his "Starlord" name/ title seriously.

It sounds kinda ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    I share the exactly same thoughts .

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    and isnt the last boss of grimrail depot a skylord or something similar?
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Seems pretty boring, and I want to say that it is already in game as an alliance npc title (I'll confirm later).
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=80005/skylord-tovra

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=52490/skylord-omnuron

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=32990/skylord-braax

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=2659/razorbeak-skylord

Skylord seems like it is quite appropriate design theme that is being aimed for, however there is something about it that just doesn't quite hit the mark.

It would be great,if the would eventually expand this class title thing to a class/race title thing,but they will never do it. In my opinion,the fitting title for a warrior would be "juggernaut", "_____,Avatar of War",not a skylord...how does actually such title applies to the class fantasy,they are so "heavily" focusing on in next expansion?
    Last edited by Felixon; 2016-01-06 at 08:34 AM.

Skylord...... yipee..... I'm an Arrakoa/Harpy now....

Deleted
    ..., the Eternal Guard of Odyn
    ..., the Unbroken
    ..., the Discipline of War

Ill stick to my Hand of Adal/Captain/Predator titles

best ones I have atm

Deleted
    I don't use titles in game, but if I was going to Skylord is pretty low on the priority list... Reminds me of STARLORD from Defenders of the Galaxy. Great film, terrible title.

Quote Originally Posted by Shéllshock View Post
    ..., the Unbroken
    Fuk the Odyn and forced lore that bllizard puts upon us .

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shéllshock View Post
    ..., the Unbroken
    Quote Originally Posted by Zli View Post
    Fuk the Odyn and forced lore that bllizard puts upon us .
    told ya, you can´t satisfy everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    told ya, you can´t satisfy everyone.
    Well the whole Vahlhalla viking lore thing is being met with mixed responses. And by making it Guard of Odyn you're just replacing one poorly done Vahlhalla reference that came out of no where for another.

Thats kinda the issue. There is this big disconnect with what blizzard is doing with warrior and what players see their warriors as. I doubt anyone saw their warrior as what blizz is making warrior in legion. This title is just a continuation of a trend. Who ever, -ever- saw their warrior associated with the Sky? Its just another thing that would fit a different class better.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg