I've gone back to Serenity / Mastery full-time since a lot of my guildies are running into fires on the new fights and the healers could use the help. I'm currently 672 and sitting on 3/3 Knight's Badge, 670 Pol's, and a 670 Evergaze; I use Knight's Badge and Pol's.

For Serenity / Mastery, what are thoughts on the Evergaze? I remember reading a while back that EAE was strong for dps but not as good for mitigation due to lack of static BA? I guess the same question applies to rolling on the Turnbuckle if it drops.

EDIT: It looks like you have already answered this in the BiS information. Sorry about that.
    Last edited by Nalloa; 2015-02-13 at 07:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Go tank. You'll live longer.

Can't say the same thing about keeping your hair, though.

Quote Originally Posted by herpecin View Post
    is the EJ guide accurate?

"Ascension and Chi Brew are both great choices for different scenarios. Power Strikes is significantly less appealing."

im going to go with nope.
    You would be correct in that assessment, seeing as Ascension is only notably better for its very specific scenario when you get more haste... which can lead to said scenario happening more because your gear is built to be more spiky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Went back and found my math...the difference between a 3.6 and a 3.3 was something like .3% difference in EB generation...so not even something to worry about.

Fuck it, went Mastery as well.
    Numbers look good with crit and whatnot, but dying is just incomparably worse setback than doing a k less dps.

Kinda pathethic seeing neck, cloak and ring enchant netting only 1.3% stagger though.
    Mastery weapon enchant brings another ~200-ish Mastery for another 1.14% on average.

Now, the big question:

I bet we're all still carting around a 685 with Haste on it.

What do you think about downgrading 15ilvls to 670 crafted Mastery & Crit?

losing ~13% of Agi & Stam and ~7% Armor from ilvl.

hi there i am trying to increase my post count so i can actually post some links in the thread to be able to actually share some stuff but this website blows donkeys

Infracted: links do not need to be clickable to be functional, it's not worth the infraction posting needlessly and earning an infraction.
    Last edited by Babylonius; 2015-02-14 at 02:11 AM.

The 3.3 vs 3.6 thing and whether that's staves or polearms requires having a 3.3 speed of both and a 3.6 speed of both, and those aren't exactly in abundance. Someone would need to manually test them to find out if it's true, which requires getting the Oregorger weapon to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    Anyway since people linked their Darmac logs yesterday, here's mine to add to the table.

*snip*

DK Tank stayed on adds, I tanked boss for 2/3rds of the encounter. I also ended up solo tanking Faultline for a while.

Mastery is so fucking strong. Rest in Peace my dps though. I can't wait to go back to crit.

also

*snip*
    I realize you're tanking the boss mostly, but I honestly thought this would end up being a RJW/Chi Burst fight. Is it that essential to have you going all out single target damage?

Thoughts on always having the monk tanking the boss mostly?
    (GG on the kill btw.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    The 3.3 vs 3.6 thing and whether that's staves or polearms requires having a 3.3 speed of both and a 3.6 speed of both, and those aren't exactly in abundance. Someone would need to manually test them to find out if it's true, which requires getting the Oregorger weapon to begin with.
    I did about 50 auto attack crits with HC oregorger staff. Each one gave 3 stacks. I think it is speed based, not weapon class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuSek View Post
    I realize you're tanking the boss mostly, but I honestly thought this would end up being a RJW/Chi Burst fight. Is it that essential to have you going all out single target damage?

Thoughts on always having the monk tanking the boss mostly?
    (GG on the kill btw.)
    Mes and I drew straws on who would tank adds; he won. So I just stuck with pure Single target to push phases etc quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    I did about 50 auto attack crits with HC oregorger staff. Each one gave 3 stacks. I think it is speed based, not weapon class.
    Yeah that's what I figured, but it's Blizzard, have to double check these things.

Intuition says stick with the item if the ilvl difference is that big (I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say you're talking about the butcher bracers which are crit/haste).

Something I'd like to note is that often times we can improve things like dps (assuming we all choose the same 100 and 90 talent for a fight) through playing better (aka nailing as many Keg Smashes on cd, properly pooling energy, and filling in pooling time with as many tiger palms as possible without delaying a keg smash).
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Could anyone give me like a really quick&basic guide on how to use chi explosion optimally? I just dinged 100 on my brm after ditching my prot warrior, and i can't seem to wrap my head around it. I'm only doing hc's atm, but it feels like i take 200% more damage when using chiexp instead of serenity.

Blast Furnace is just making me tear my hair out. Hours and hours of sitting there watching SOMEONE always screw up and not being able to do anything about it. Resigned to having to throw 300 attempts against the wall until everything magically lines up.

Wipe 67: DPS fails to run bomb to regulator, extra operators spawn.
    Wipe 68: DPS all run to regulator at same time, gib each other.
    Wipe 69: 2x Volatile Fire gibs all melee DPS.
    Wipe 70: Assigned DPS player doesn't pick up bag, extra operator spawn.
    Wipe 71: Rupture not run out, lands on elementalist, melee can't dps.
    Wipe 72: Other tank fails to pick up engineer, runs to opposite side.
    Wipe 73: Insufficient DPS on elementalist, shield goes back up.
    Wipe 74: Earth Shield not dispelled on elementalist, shield goes back up.
    Wipe 75: Rupture lands on MCing Priest, has to break MC, extra operators spawn.
    Wipe 76: DPS panics and runs into fire pit in center when he gets volatile fire, dies.
    Wipe 77: Bomb runner accidentally LOSes behind furnace geometry, dies to bomb + blast with no heals.
    Wipe 78: Slag Elemental target not in a line through elementalist, Elemental goes wrong way when interrupted and doesn't break shield.
    Wipe 79: DPS stands in front of Bellows Operator cone attack on P2 transition and dies.
    Wipe 80: Die to tons of damage from 5 adds + Heart of the Mountain on P3 transition.
    Wipe 81: DPS class blows up healers with volatile fire

......over, and over, and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Could anyone give me like a really quick&basic guide on how to use chi explosion optimally? I just dinged 100 on my brm after ditching my prot warrior, and i can't seem to wrap my head around it. I'm only doing hc's atm, but it feels like i take 200% more damage when using chiexp instead of serenity.
    Check the OP section 13.3, should tell you all you need to know.

Butcher bracers, Ko'ragh head, Brackenspore shoulders, you name it, all the haste in the world xD

At least I got rid of the Tectus polearm, luck finally smiled and Beastlord dropped the scumbag polearm, albeit on heroic.

ChiEx 101:
    2 for when you're not getting hit in the face and are building Shuffle
    3 for when you're getting hit in the face but there's only 1 mob
    4 for getting hit in the face and there's several mobs

Don't delay KS on account of not wanting x3 or x4, not worth it. PS are quite forgiving, may take you a while to find the bloody blue orb SOMEWHERE in that huge mess of a melee at times.
    Don't overcap Chi.

@Xequecal

How much of a gearcheck is it?

and fuck spelling your name!

It's worse than Mythic Butcher in terms of DPS requirements per DPS.

Deleted
    Was hoping to get some clarification on Kromog. We are progressing HC.

I told my co tanks to run away for every Slam, He is a Prot Pala. And then i was told it only needed for the OT to tun away for the slam, because Slam's Damage was based on the distance from the target rather than the Caster aka Boss.

This is the first i've honestly heard about it, because iI was told it was in Hotfix I missed :s

So just wanted to ask how you guys handle the Slam, do you have both tanks run away, or only the OT ?

Heh, Paragon did just kill Blackhand and only has Blast Furnace left.
    False rumors, it's 8/10 with BF standing in the way to BH.

Even considering it's an end wing boss, the balance seems a bit off there truly.

We both run away a bit to be safe. Monk and Pally both are in a very good spot to mitigate it with Shuffle/Guard and pally with SotR... but there doesn't seem to be an awful lot of point to it. Just strafing back, even with 2 tank stacks slow reduces it's damage by a lot and his hitbox is, thankfully, big.

I'm 90% sure Slam is based on distance from the boss, but I wouldn't put my hand in fire for it ^^
    Last edited by Gothmog; 2015-02-14 at 01:29 AM.

I think ya mean Iron Maidens :P.

Also slam I just guard and roll on with it. Warrior leaps away and charges back lol.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothmog View Post
    False rumors, it's 8/10 with BF standing in the way to BH.

Even considering it's an end wing boss, the balance seems a bit off there truly.

We both run away a bit to be safe. Monk and Pally both are in a very good spot to mitigate it with Shuffle/Guard and pally with SotR... but there doesn't seem to be an awful lot of point to it. Just strafing back, even with 2 tank stacks slow reduces it's damage by a lot and his hitbox is, thankfully, big.

I'm 90% sure Slam is based on distance from the boss, but I wouldn't put my hand in fire for it ^^
    I really think so too. Because the animation goes from the boss away and the dungeon journal says so too.

- - - Updated - - -

How much is our 2-pc worth?

I could get the 2pc with normal shoulders and heroic head but would need to replace normal Rune-Enscribed Hood and heroic Flamebender's Shoulderguards