http://ptr.wowhead.com/itemset=1252/...hurricanes-eye

Chest - Heavy Mastery + Light MS

Gloves - Heavy MS + Light Haste

Helm - Heavy Crit + Light Haste

Legs - Heavy MS + Light Crit

Shoulders - Heavy Haste + Light Mastery

It's interesting that none of the pieces have balanced stats, maybe that's some kind of strategy to limit the total number of secondary stats everyone has (since unbalanced gear has fewer stats than balanced gear).

Anyway, the odd man out is quite obviously the Shoulders which have even more haste on them than the Helm does despite being a smaller budget slot. Being forced to wear 3 pieces without Mastery puts quite a dent on how much Mastery stacking can happen though.
    Last edited by Totaltotemic; 2015-05-14 at 03:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    It's interesting that none of the pieces have balanced stats, maybe that's some kind of strategy to limit the total number of secondary stats everyone has (since unbalanced gear has fewer stats than balanced gear).

Anyway, the odd man out is quite obviously the Shoulders which have even more haste on them than the Helm does despite being a smaller budget slot. Being forced to wear 3 pieces without Mastery puts quite a dent on how much Mastery stacking can happen though.
    Something else to consider is that the instance is split into 4 sub-tiers, so a lot of the optimal gear setups are going to be based on which pieces have available items with higher ilevel.

In the current build, the options are:
    - 705 Gloves -- Haste/Mastery from Archimonde
    - 700 Helm -- Crit/MS from Xhul'horac
    - 700 Pants -- two sets, both Crit/Haste pants (maybe a mistake?) from Fel Lord and Mannoroth.
    - 695 Chest -- Haste/Versatility from Gorefiend
    - 690 Shoulders -- Crit/Mastery from Hellfire Assault

Not a good set of options. The Crit/MS helm may be our best option, just for lack of other ilevel 700 options, unless one of the sets of pants is supposed to have different stats. Shoulders, sadly, only have one alternative, and it's not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanberry View Post
    Something else to consider is that the instance is split into 4 sub-tiers, so a lot of the optimal gear setups are going to be based on which pieces have available items with higher ilevel.

In the current build, the options are:
    - 705 Gloves -- Haste/Mastery from Archimonde
    - 700 Helm -- Crit/MS from Xhul'horac
    - 700 Pants -- two sets, both Crit/Haste pants (maybe a mistake?) from Fel Lord and Mannoroth.
    - 695 Chest -- Haste/Versatility from Gorefiend
    - 690 Shoulders -- Crit/Mastery from Hellfire Assault

Not a good set of options. The Crit/MS helm may be our best option, just for lack of other ilevel 700 options, unless one of the sets of pants is supposed to have different stats. Shoulders, sadly, only have one alternative, and it's not good.
    looks like ill be wearing some upgraded crafted stuff in slots for the rest of the expansion. i believe level 67 upgraded pieces are 715?

Well, the problem is that those are tier pieces. I don't see a chance of skipping 4piece myself, even if it has haste on it. As fucking awful it will be to look at those wasted stats -.-

I especially like it when Guardians grab 4piece with Mastery on all 4 slots.

Yeah, crafted items will be damn sweet.
    bosses drops on hc
    1-4: 705ilvl
    5-8: 710ilvl
    9-12 & Crafted: 715ilvl
    Archie: 720ilvl
    Last edited by Gothmog; 2015-05-14 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothmog View Post
    Well, the problem is that those are tier pieces. I don't see a chance of skipping 4piece myself, even if it has haste on it. As fucking awful it will be to look at those wasted stats -.-
    true. at least you can have an offset piece with whtever stats you want....

Hi all. Question about the optimal way to deal with charred breaths on Mythic Flamebender. Here's a log to our first kill last night. As you can see, I died to a charred breath (I think it was the third breath on the second wolf pack). This obviously shouldn't happen, and i'm guessing I either over estimated what I had left on my guard, or was out of guard charges.

www warcraftlogs com/reports/JhwyWcrtv9Nj4pKV#fight=16&type=auras&source=10

Generally I was guarding for the first breath, then casting dampen harm, guarding after the second breath and hitting fort brew or calling for an external for the third. Should I just take the first breath, then guard and dampen?

Any other comments on how to improve my badness would be appreciated

Eating the first breath should be fine so long as you're not under half health or so. You can Guard and Dampen Harm the second and third Breath. Just guard can also be fine for the second one and then you'll have more Dampen Charges if you want to take a 4th w/ externals.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    Eating the first breath should be fine so long as you're not under half health or so. You can Guard and Dampen Harm the second and third Breath. Just guard can also be fine for the second one and then you'll have more Dampen Charges if you want to take a 4th w/ externals.
    Thanks. I felt like I was unnecessarily using my cooldowns for the early ones, which is probably why I didn't have anything (or not enough) for that breath. I'll try this method and keep fort brew for an emergency.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikkid View Post
    Thanks. I felt like I was unnecessarily using my cooldowns for the early ones, which is probably why I didn't have anything (or not enough) for that breath. I'll try this method and keep fort brew for an emergency.
    You can use Dampen Harm or Diffuse Magic. I like DM. With DH you still have to use Guard, and with DM you don't. So if you take DM, you have a "spare" Guard to use on the first breath. So I do Guard, Guard, DM. DM is handy for other parts of the fight too. Lots of fire damage.

So now that the 4-pc Brewmaster set has survived another PTR iteration without a nerf, is Ascension and haste stacking going to be the thing in 6.2? By my calculations, assuming 800k Guards and 100k Expel Harms, 2 energy/sec is worth about 15k HPS before you consider the benefits of the extra chi, assuming you're taking enough damage to spam expel harm without ever energy capping. I don't think any of the other talents come anywhere near that, that's like a third of a healer.

Unlikely, in my opinion. Guard is a fixed-use ability and the additional self healing from EH is questionably beneficial when you're looking at the loss of mastery in favor of it. Still needs to be simmed to be sure, but my gut says Ascension and Haste are still shit. Perhaps less shit, but still shit, in comparison to the alternatives.

EDIT: some math:

In a 10 minute fight, 2 er/s is equivalent to 30 EH's (assuming you are using them above 35%... if not, that's 34). At 100k per heal, those EH's actually only provide about 5666.66 HPS over that fight, which isn't as significant as all that. And that's if you use them all below 35%, which if I've got my bearings right won't be likely, seeing as the set bonus doesn't affect that glyph.

EDIT EDIT: Forgot our 4 piece. Every 6 of those would get you a free guard, or 5 free guards. Which would equate to 6666 HPS. So about 11-12k over the fight. Not bad. Perhaps a bit more if you're getting its self healing bonus. That being said, mastery makes those more powerful and it means you're smoother. Even at 11-12k healing from haste, I'm not sure if that's better than preventing and smoothing damage in the first place, especially in combination with some other factors. In order to get that much haste, you'd need 1800 rating or 391 with Ascension. However that doesn't pass the threshold against Power Strikes, which means you're actually losing chi to use to defend against burst damage.

Of course that assumes a lot, namely that those extra guards wouldn't mean you would need less of those EH's. As well, in a 10 minute fight, you'd have 40 EH's to use normally, outside of procs. So assuming you're doing your job, that will all be free, due to natural energy regen and management. During an 8 second period, you generate 80 energy at base energy regen. Since everyone has at least a bit, you're going to need to do more than just one keg smash and one EH every other 8 second period.

To be honest it's quite possible that if it procs enough EH will just be used in lieu of Jab, with little to no need for extra energy regen. Might be wonky and the energy regen would help alleviate that, but honestly it sounds doable. At most we would be back in the era of Mists, where personal energy regeneration would be a thing to go for... but even then I doubt it. If people can do priorities right now, they shouldn't have significant trouble adjusting to throwing EH into that mix more often than it is now.
    Last edited by The Madgod; 2015-05-14 at 06:30 PM.

Deleted
    I think mastery and crit will still be the way to go, crit will give an insane elusive brew uptime and mastery will allow not to be too spiky, i doubt multistrike will come close (loses a lot of value with the tiger strikes change), versatility will probably still be an inferior mastery and haste scaling is too low to be interesting, and it doesn't do anything for your mitigation (why would you heal when you can dodge/stagger instead ?)

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mythic Iron Maidens - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...s=1695&wipes=1

We're working on this and were sending me up with 5 DPS, but I'm not able to actually keep myself up before Marak's boat dies. Best try Marak's boat was at 42% or something when I just died from running out of CDs. What can I do differently up there to keep from having to have a healer up there?

I was even not using serenity on the pull and saving it for the boat (since we were doing it first). But I guard for 700k and it just gets melted away and as far as I'm aware, it was just from melees, wasn't standing in the blood pools from the looks of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    Mythic Iron Maidens - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...s=1695&wipes=1

We're working on this and were sending me up with 5 DPS, but I'm not able to actually keep myself up before Marak's boat dies. Best try Marak's boat was at 42% or something when I just died from running out of CDs. What can I do differently up there to keep from having to have a healer up there?

I was even not using serenity on the pull and saving it for the boat (since we were doing it first). But I guard for 700k and it just gets melted away and as far as I'm aware, it was just from melees, wasn't standing in the blood pools from the looks of it.
    Marak casts 3 Blood Rituals before going to boat. I take the first one, Guard the second, and Dampen harm the 3rd. After the 3rd one purify and cast guard right away so to have a 500k+ guard. Also, save you elusive brew stacks before you go to the boat, as marak doesn't hit too hard.
    Make sure to use fort. brew and guard right after a few big hits. If youre going up with 5 dps damage shouldn't be too much of a problem and you can just throw some heals on yourself. I usually have a ret pally with me so that if I run out of CD's I can get a LoH but if that isn't an option try what I said above.

Giving you a quick reply on how I tank Marak boat self sustained without having looked at your logs:

Everything (including Serenity) apart from trinket on pull. Soaking Maraks Blood Ritual (2 x guards + Dampen Harm) which makes a charge of Guard come off CD just as boat is happening. Then I instant Purify and pop a 600-700k guard as I run to the boat. Coming on boat I pop trinket and start tanking as usual. That guard should last quite a while just make sure you repop a guard before the trinket falls off which should give you another 700k guard. At this point Serenity should be coming up again so just spam away. Reguard and ship is done.

If you have issues you an pop Fort brew, use pot on boat (tho I like to have it during enrage), pool energy to double expel harm at 35%.

Linking you to Misume's VoD of how he uses his CDs on boat: http://www.twitch.tv/misum/c/6457935

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've watched misume doing it multiple times. Guess it hurts having 2 dps die trying to get up on the boxes on that boat and causes me to go more into dps than living. Will try and fix that issue of mine.

We had issues the last week of getting up on boxes aswell. Ended up just doing it without them which is np either. Just kite backwards towards end of the boat and make a u-turn. DPS dying for sure makes it harder.

Just don't waste your defensive CDs and you should be good. Multistrike enchants also seems kinda wonky in my mind for progression but each to their own, Id highly recommend mastery. GL

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, I forgot to swap em back to mastery for progression. Moving on nothing to see there :P.

Deleted
    Get a Boomkin to go up with you, and have them Nature's Vigil if you're feeling squishy. Honestly though, as a Monk you should have no issues up there.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my experience you generate more HP from expel harm than the mob does to you so even with ChiEx it is quite easy at 695+ ilvl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard