Deleted
    Hey, I looked a bit deeper into your stagger damage taken. You sit up to 20!!! seconds on heavy stagger.
    Example: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...50&end=9513292

Try to purify more often on higher stacks/less on low stagger.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    On the subject of BF, would it be possible to solo tank phase 3? Just a silly question, I know DKs can do it and was wondering if monks could as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    On the subject of BF, would it be possible to solo tank phase 3? Just a silly question, I know DKs can do it and was wondering if monks could as well.
    No it's not possible. If DKs can do it at all it would only be because AMS could prevent the application of one of the DoT stacks so they could reset, while BrMs can't do anything like that and you'd pretty much automatically die once you hit 4 or 5 stacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO using surging mist is waste in P3. If you are in any danger, you will go below 35% and just do expel harms which heal more and do surprisingly high amount of damage while at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    Mythic Blast Furnace, I feel like I'm just getting wrecked. Granted we're just starting progress on it but feel like I shouldn't be getting wrecked like I am. But comparing my damage taken to the other tank he's taking more than me. Anyone see anything I could do differently aside from 3 tanking it?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ptXThCvrGmdnaxHP/
    3 Tanking this also makes it slightly easier for progression.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    IMO using surging mist is waste in P3. If you are in any danger, you will go below 35% and just do expel harms which heal more and do surprisingly high amount of damage while at it.
    100% agree with this. On the rare occasion that I was in the process of hardcasting surging mist, I would drop low enough to push expel harm and be fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    Only living on Expel Harm in P3 is not safe, if you're a bit unlucky, you'll end up healing yourself from 20% to 40% and just die if the next DoT tick is at the same time as a Blast. Surging provides you with a lot more safety when used right after a reset-EH.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    No it's not possible. If DKs can do it at all it would only be because AMS could prevent the application of one of the DoT stacks so they could reset, while BrMs can't do anything like that and you'd pretty much automatically die once you hit 4 or 5 stacks.
    The ability of DKs to solo-tank P3 has less to do with AMS and stack-dodging (which I'm not even sure is possible) and more to do with BoS being broken and making Blast heal you for upwards of 3-4 million every time it goes off, in addition to healing you for 10% x Resolve modifiers of the damage Heat itself does.

On the note of BrM, however, doing so is obviously impossible, and quite frankly BrM is, very ironically given the state of the rest of the instance, probably the worst tank at dealing with P3.

Sustained magic damage, the silver bullet to kill 6.1 BrM. Of course, moving into a mostly magic damage tier, obviously the best way to make sure BrM is balanced is to give a set bonus that greatly helps the only defense against magic damage the spec has.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhachlirith View Post
    Only living on Expel Harm in P3 is not safe, if you're a bit unlucky, you'll end up healing yourself from 20% to 40% and just die if the next DoT tick is at the same time as a Blast. Surging provides you with a lot more safety when used right after a reset-EH.
    I agree with this tossing out surging mists on yourself when you are not actively tanking is pretty helpful especially if you dont have a holy pally to bomb heals into both tanks. Just casting it when it will leave you enough energy to pop off an EH in an emergency has no down side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    The ability of DKs to solo-tank P3 has less to do with AMS and stack-dodging (which I'm not even sure is possible) and more to do with BoS being broken and making Blast heal you for upwards of 3-4 million every time it goes off, in addition to healing you for 10% x Resolve modifiers of the damage Heat itself does.

On the note of BrM, however, doing so is obviously impossible, and quite frankly BrM is, very ironically given the state of the rest of the instance, probably the worst tank at dealing with P3.
    Hmm having done the fight on all of my tanks now, I would have to say that BrM is better than both druid and warrior in my opinion (I've almost always run Healing Elixirs on that fight), of course this could be biased based upon the healing comp we brought to the fight (everyone gearing up multiple alts makes our runs so much fun)

Healing Elixirs + guard when you aren't tanking / expel harm spam in p3 is pretty joke status. Not to BoS DK level of course, but still feels stronger than my druid(haven't done mythics on my warrior), and paladin feels pretty strong with insight/HS during p3.

As astur said I think monks are still quite good even at a fight like P3 BF compared to some tanks. Sure in solo tanking p3 no, but who is actually good at that other than DK lol.

I've killedit on Guardian and Monk so far. I'd also rank monk slightly better than a druid in p3. Contrary to my initial expectations before getting there on bear.

If it were just EH vs. FR, bear would come out ahead, but druid has no increased selfhealing when at low hp. It's steady and limited by rage gen. Monk on the other hand, has two Guards, <35% EH spam, Healing Elixirs, GotO and as last resort, Surging Mist. As a whole package, more.
    That is, if you don't fall through the cracks and get gibbed by 2-stack DoT synced with Blast. Bear is a fair chunk less susceptible to the same.

I doubt a DK could solotank p3. Trouble is surviving between Blasts, which will always overheal. Funnily enough, you actually want to delay pushing into p3 after 10min mark when Blast Furnace gets overheated and caps out at 6s between Blasts.
    I suppose it should be possible if you tailor the encounter to it - all dps saves cooldowns, pots, bring plenty of warriors and paladins for externals and go ham.

In other news I finally killed Blackhand after a month of getting rammed against a wall. Was that my last progression kill as BrM? Find out on the next episode of World of Warcraft.

P.S. anyone can tank BF P3 pretty easily as long as your healers know to keep healing the tank that isn't currently tanking.

I'm kinda sad that we just only started with Blast Furnace yesterday. Don't think we've enough time to down both it and Blackhand.

Had a horrible time doing P1 (two tanking) with foreman on me and just switched from Logitech G700 to G600 with revamped thumb binds. The amount of times I popped EB instead of purified made me cry. It's funny how I played two days pre-raid without much problems, but when you get into serious business your thought process is replaced by muscle memory.

That's the challenge at tanking... I have the same and I somewhat assume it's universal for everyone. Healers have it similar, but they're allowed to practice under strenous conditions more often. Plus, they can create them by dropping a healer.

We're both dependant on external factors. Grand majority of bosses don't hit hard enough, long enough, uninterrupted, to put one under a lot of pressure. So when one finally get in that situation, get those ~10 minutes of heavy whacking in the entire tier, it's good odds the play won't be perfect, because one isn't used to it. Resources management suddenly becomes a walk along the razor's edge instead of wide paved road of ezmode content. Selfhealing/mitigating timing means life or death. Glancing at UI to see what externals are available can be mortal.
    I totally had the same during Beastlord progress. Nowadays, BF can sometimes get near. BH+Siege+Slagged also, but that's too short to really count. Nothing else.

I guess we could unequip some gear and try relive the experience, but it's still not quite the same because one is getting bombed by external healing far more than during by-the-teeth progress.

I might have missed it, but has anyone commented on the valuation of haste in 6.2? It seems to have some synergy with the 4pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothmog View Post
    I doubt a DK could solotank p3. Trouble is surviving between Blasts, which will always overheal. Funnily enough, you actually want to delay pushing into p3 after 10min mark when Blast Furnace gets overheated and caps out at 6s between Blasts.
    I suppose it should be possible if you tailor the encounter to it - all dps saves cooldowns, pots, bring plenty of warriors and paladins for externals and go ham.
    It's not that bad as you get a steady stream of 200k heals or so per second in addition to 1M+ healing per Blast (from BoS alone) so as long as you chain externals when above 6 stacks or so you'd be okay. I've seen it being solo-tanked from 90% (when the other tank died) in a regular farm kill and Purgatory wasn't even procced.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    I might have missed it, but has anyone commented on the valuation of haste in 6.2? It seems to have some synergy with the 4pc.
    I Think It was commented some pages ago. Multistrike will lose much of its value due to tiger strikes buff (and Multistrikes not proccing it anymore), and haste will pull ahead Versatility and Multistrike with Set. Before you complete the set haste's value will still be pretty bad.

With Set: Mastery > Crit > Haste > Vers > MS
    Without Set: Mastery > Crit > Vers > MS > Haste

It's for a pure Survival Build

Deleted
    I'm also wondering, I currently have hc 5pc lying useless in my bags. I have 3 mythic offpieces, 2 hc warforged (one with avoidance). After the nerfs, will it actually be useful to equip T17 pieces until getting T18, or will my offpieces still be better? Since we're on a break until 6.2 and end of school exams, I won't be getting any mythic tier gear, when the only source of mythic gear will be cache (which gave me a pretty versa neck this week, that I immediately sharded).

Quote Originally Posted by Kabator View Post
    I Think It was commented some pages ago. Multistrike will lose much of its value due to tiger strikes buff (and Multistrikes not proccing it anymore), and haste will pull ahead Versatility and Multistrike with Set. Before you complete the set haste's value will still be pretty bad.

With Set: Mastery > Crit > Haste > Vers > MS
    Without Set: Mastery > Crit > Vers > MS > Haste

It's for a pure Survival Build
    Thanks! What about one that's DPS-oriented?