Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    DKs always have more damage taken than any other tank, it's just the way the spec works. They just also happen to have the highest self-healing of any tank because their main active mitigation is self-healing, not damage reduction like it is for every other tank.

Conversely, with the recent Stagger buff, BrMs typically take less damage overall than other tanks, yet have very mediocre self-healing.

There's also the whole "The Cleaver" thing like Moofarah said that is just harder on plate tanks in general because they're almost guaranteed to get hit by it while BrMs will always have 70% or higher avoidance for it as long as you press the Elusive Brew button right before it hits.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...aling&fight=25 Come again :P

Quote Originally Posted by martini View Post
    Guard is not self-healing, it's the typical 30 second cooldown that every tank has except instead of being a 20% damage reduction for 6 seconds it's a giant one-time absorb. Typically absorbs don't count as either damage taken or self-healing, they're usually referred to as damage reduction, that's why it's shaded darker.

@Xaru Bonus Armor is basically godly. Unless you're talking about literally double the stats of another stat instead of Bonus Armor, it's not really worth thinking about and you can just go with the Bonus Armor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Guard is not self-healing, it's the typical 30 second cooldown that every tank has except instead of being a 20% damage reduction for 6 seconds it's a giant one-time absorb. Typically absorbs don't count as either damage taken or self-healing, they're usually referred to as damage reduction, that's why it's shaded darker.

@Xaru Bonus Armor is basically godly. Unless you're talking about literally double the stats of another stat instead of Bonus Armor, it's not really worth thinking about and you can just go with the Bonus Armor.
    Fair about guard not being typical healing but don't you feel like we have that 20% damage reduction on us 100% of the time currently compared to the other tank classes? Mabie not literally 20% but in my group when our warrior tank is running out of active mitigation for the time he has to call for externals wile we are pretty much activly mitigating the whole fight when purifying. Our warrior got wrecked on some occations where I didn't have any problems at all.

Quote Originally Posted by martini View Post
    Fair about guard not being typical healing but don't you feel like we have that 20% damage reduction on us 100% of the time currently compared to the other tank classes? Mabie not literally 20% but in my group when our warrior tank is running out of active mitigation for the time he has to call for externals wile we are pretty much activly mitigating the whole fight when purifying. Our warrior got wrecked on some occations where I didn't have any problems at all.
    Yeah that's just what it's like to be overpowered. I just mean that it's not quite fair to count Guard as HPS/APS when everyone has Guard just in a different form and the end result is just taking less damage anyways.

There isn't a whole lot to say about that, it was obvious the second they started talking about buffing base Stagger that it would make BrM overpowered. A lot of people just didn't see it yet because while Stagger isn't terribly good in 5 mans it's the best mitigation ability in the game in raids where 75% of your damage taken is almost always physical.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    I know I saw stat weights posted here recently but I've flipped through this thread and can't find them. Really, I just want to know just how good bonus armor is.

I have two cloaks. Here are the stats:

#1: (636 ilvl)
    + 99 Agility
    + 149 Stamina
    + 55 Mastery
    + 73 Bonus Armor

#2: (640 ilvl)
    + 103 Agility
    + 155 Stamina
    + 76 Versaility
    + 57 Mastery
    + 35 Mastery (socket)

Which one of those do you guys think would be better for reducing damage as a priority? I'm thinking the 636 but I want to be sure.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Guide-6-0#Stat

Bonus armor is incredible. It's your best stat for almost any fight that isn't mostly magic damage. You want it on every piece of gear that can have it (rings, trinkets, neck, and cloak).

If you want a more in-depth review of BrM stats, Totaltotemic did a good review here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post30866980
    Last edited by Jocias; 2014-12-07 at 08:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Typical blizzard. Nerfs the old armor elixir for logical reasons. Then forgets to nerf the older one that is even stronger

I've already tweeted Watcher and WarcraftDevs a couple times on this to see if it'll get changed. If not then I've got another 100 Elixir of Deep Earth Elixirs to use this week \o/. I only wish we were going to be getting into mythic quicker so I could fully...abuse them. I mean, people've been tweeting them about this for weeks at a minimum, I'd be surprised if they weren't just waiting to see if people will actually use them or not (spoiler alert, they will).
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Deleted
    So I've seen Monks using Transcendence to move the Mark of Chaos in Phase 3 Heroic Imperator (since it roots you). This seems like a lot more effort than needed when you can easily just Double-Roll backwards and give yourself more than enough space? You'll always have both roll charges up for this, and can Tiger's Lust straight back to the boss. Way easier than Transcendence.

I've also seen some monks try and kite the adds in Phase 4. They melee like wet noodles; no point in kiting them.

I've found Transcendence to certainly be a neat trick (on several fights this tier actually) and I've used it for things like mucking with the mark as well.

Doesn't make too much sense to kite the adds since you're going to still be tank swapping through the phase anyway. All you're doing is reducing cleave damage on the boss and probably making your co-tank take a lot more damage. Statue is a god send for piling adds up nicely though.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    I've found Transcendence to certainly be a neat trick (on several fights this tier actually) and I've used it for things like mucking with the mark as well.

Doesn't make too much sense to kite the adds since you're going to still be tank swapping through the phase anyway. All you're doing is reducing cleave damage on the boss and probably making your co-tank take a lot more damage. Statue is a god send for piling adds up nicely though.
    The main one I've used it on is on Twin Ogron. Aside from that, I've had very little need for it. I used it on Imperator HC to get back in quicker after Mark of Chaos Phase 1/2/4, but as mentioned, the double roll is so much easier for Phase 3.

Does require you to actually pay attention to the cast; you can roll while he's casting, but when the cast is over the root takes place.

How are you guys dealing with the adds on Imperator? I don't think in terms of tanking i mean general strategy here, they just seem like a bloody nuisance that you can't effectively cleave them all at the same time without killing the whole raid xd

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moofarah View Post
    How are you guys dealing with the adds on Imperator? I don't think in terms of tanking i mean general strategy here, they just seem like a bloody nuisance that you can't effectively cleave them all at the same time without killing the whole raid xd
    We had myself, a Blood DK, Balance Druid and a Shadow Priest on them. Just killed them during the transition while rest of the DPS focussed mages. The three tended to die before the next set came out.

As for phase 4, I dealt with the Reaver in the transition before, so there were a few more adds up afterwards. After that though, they did hardly any damage to me, so we kept most of them up while burning the Reaver.

What weapon enchants are people running with? I went with Crit/Mastery but just realised the Bonus Armor (There is one right?!) isn't even listed on the guides front page.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moofarah View Post
    What weapon enchants are people running with? I went with Crit/Mastery but just realised the Bonus Armor (There is one right?!) isn't even listed on the guides front page.
    I'm running with Blackrock atm; only problem with it is that it only procs under 50% Health. Considering switching to Mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    I'm running with Blackrock atm; only problem with it is that it only procs under 50% Health. Considering switching to Mastery.
    Thunderlord/Shattered Hand on either weapon is most damage so that's typically what I use.

Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    We had myself, a Blood DK, Balance Druid and a Shadow Priest on them. Just killed them during the transition while rest of the DPS focussed mages. The three tended to die before the next set came out.

As for phase 4, I dealt with the Reaver in the transition before, so there were a few more adds up afterwards. After that though, they did hardly any damage to me, so we kept most of them up while burning the Reaver.
    Thanks for tips, first pulls on him tonight - got him to about 22%. We ended up with a decent strat that might help others here.

Me and the DK tank would just AoE them down ourselves to around 30-40% and single target them when and where we could. As soon as 2 mages are dead I gathered them all in one place, we'd pop Major defensive CDs and AoE them all inside a disc barrier with smoke bomb + dev aura + spirit link totem. Uses up a lot of your raids cooldowns but deals with them so efficiently. Hope this helps someone! Hopefully can kill them tomorrow, had to demote a few trials tonight

Personal CDs + Healthstones also help with that tactic :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't it stated several pages back that Crit/Armor (Thunderlord/Blackrock) were the enchants that had simmed the best? Mastery isn't super useful if it procs when you're offtanking but crit you can still "bank" the benefit with elusive brew charges.

Quote Originally Posted by Jocias View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Guide-6-0#Stat

Bonus armor is incredible. It's your best stat for almost any fight that isn't mostly magic damage. You want it on every piece of gear that can have it (rings, trinkets, neck, and cloak).

If you want a more in-depth review of BrM stats, Totaltotemic did a good review here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post30866980
    That post is what I was looking for. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    Wasn't it stated several pages back that Crit/Armor (Thunderlord/Blackrock) were the enchants that had simmed the best? Mastery isn't super useful if it procs when you're offtanking but crit you can still "bank" the benefit with elusive brew charges.
    Anyone else have input on this? Would it be Blackrock on MH, Thunderlord on OH? For DW of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazgoth View Post
    Anyone else have input on this? Would it be Blackrock on MH, Thunderlord on OH? For DW of course.
    I've been using BA/Crit for most of Heroic Highmaul. Here's Blackrock's uptimes:

• Kargath - didn't have on for this fight
    • Butcher - 3 procs, 7.62% uptime
    • Tectus - 3 procs, 6.87% uptime (solo tanked)
    • Brackenspore - 5 procs, 15.31% uptime
    • Twins - 2 procs, 6.11% uptime
    • Ko'ragh - 1 proc, 2.80% uptime
    • Imperator (Normal) - 3 procs, 4.98% uptime

The Crit enchant had about 50% uptime, for comparison. That makes Blackrock fairly underwhelming to me in Heroic. Maybe Mythic will bring me below 50% on a regular basis and make it worthwhile. Here's a comparison of the enchants using the Mythic 1h Serenity Simcraft profile: (I can't post links yet, here's a table I guess)

DPS Ranking
    1. 24412 Crit/Bleed
    2. 24257 Crit/Crit
    3. 24220 Crit/Multistrike
    4. 24136 Crit/Mastery
    5. 24017 Crit/Haste
    6. 23936 Crit/BA
    HPS + APS Ranking
    1. 25722 Crit/Haste
    2. 25616 Crit/Multistrike
    3. 25534 Crit/Bleed
    4. 25488 Crit/BA
    5. 25244 Crit/Mastery
    6. 25169 Crit/Crit
    DTPS Ranking
    1. 6728 Crit/Crit
    2. 6762 Crit/Mastery
    3. 7029 Crit/BA
    4. 7121 Crit/Multistrike
    5. 7140 Crit/Bleed
    6. 7335 Crit/Haste
    TMI Ranking
    1. 68k Crit/Mastery
    2. 68k Crit/Crit
    3. 68k Crit/Multistrike
    4. 69k Crit/BA
    5. 69k Crit/Bleed
    6. 70k Crit/Haste

EDIT: On our best attempt on Heroic Imperator, Blackrock procced 9 times, 16.94% uptime.
    Last edited by Hitmonchan; 2014-12-08 at 04:27 AM.