Yeah I could see that being useful, particularly if your raid is a bit skimpy on the external cooldowns (i.e. my raid has two resto shaman two druids, and an hpally for our mythic healers).
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

7+ Year Old Account
    tiger palm shown with 50 ernergy cost shown for us did they raise it or number error again ?

I'm doing mythic mannoroth progression and I always just don't guard the glaive thrust, and guard the massive blast. Why do you guys not do that?

I don't find Massive Blast threatening at all. Glaive Thrust on the other hand relies on RNG if Elusive Brew dodges it or not. Without WUE the Glaive Thrust is a one-shot which means you need to double up on a cooldown to be 100% sure to survive (be it Guard, Fort Brew, Dampen or another External). That is the way I play the fight as then I am covered for the entire combo no matter what happens.

As for the Heirloom Trinket I don't find it useful if you have other Mythic Trinkets. It is a Guard on longer CD. Found it amazing on my lower geared alts with the 1-4M shield if the the enemy is a Demon.
    Last edited by Yenami; 2015-12-02 at 11:06 PM.

i mean, it's up for every combo. from a survivability standpoint i can't see how another trinket would be better, it pretty much absorbs the whole thing.
    Brewmaster Icy-Veins Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Quotey View Post
    i mean, it's up for every combo. from a survivability standpoint i can't see how another trinket would be better, it pretty much absorbs the whole thing.
    Yea this is my reasoning. It's not like auto attacks are threatening on Mannoroth, so Bonus Armor/Mastery trinkets only provide AP increases to benefit Guard and self healing, but that doesn't compete with an addition 1M+ absorb when you need it.

We are just starting Archimonde and I'm playing around with it on the Deathcaller, but it might not be worth losing Mythic Anzu for that fight overall. I haven't seen anything past the start of P2.

Good point, I am using WUE on it so didn't think about that

10+ Year Old Account
    According the datamined changes Breath of Fire is now 15s CD and no longer shared CD with blackout strike. I guess they figured out that they just removed this kind of ability combination from paladins.

But this kind of worries my in a way that our add pick up without statue seems very bursty. 8s CD AoE and 15s CD Cone AoE are the only we see so far. From the easiest add pickup to worse than warriors possibly

Also, making all abilities scale just from AP seems quite strange. Item Level relics for artifact won't matter for us that much then I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Black Ox Statue is still there, he's just a talent now. Only problem is that it's competing with Leg Sweep, and those two come in handy on the same fight decently often.

But even if you don't take it, we still have Keg Smash, Breath of Fire (which is actually useful now), and SCK/RJW, which should be plenty for picking up adds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, statue is talent which competes with AoE stun, which in some situations makes it an impossible pick.

Of course if we had SCK nothing would change to live. But it seems to be only for WW now.
    Last edited by keqe; 2015-12-03 at 10:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

RJW is still in the talent tree, i kind of expect it to remain just without a chi cost. maybe it'll be an AOE replacement for tiger palm?

brewmaster is currently disabled in alpha so they presumably have a lot to sort out.

My bad guys sorry I got Brewmaster deleted! (Kidding).

I'm a little confused on the Breath of Fire change but obviously everything is in flux (to the point our spec was entirely disabled for now). Yeah its exactly the same to the current paladin aoe/single target set-up (aside from the fact Breath of Fire was a cone vs around your target). I don't think its necessarily bad to have differences in each spec. I was also happy to have Breath of Fire actually matter vs being a button you simply don't use ever. I am a little concerned about our aoe/ranged pick-up though. Sure we still have Provoke, but without dizzying haze we sorta are stuck unless we pick Dave.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth

This 0% Zakuun "farm" wipe -- https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...7&end=10569829

And a few pulls earlier a wipe where alone for over a minute when people blew up to last Seeds.

Sad, but still kinda funny. If only it was a kill :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    without dizzying haze we sorta are stuck unless we pick Dave.
    Last time I used that ability was in blast furnace iirc.

Every other match where adds are spawning, I pretty much time Chi Burst + 4CE or just one of those depending on what's up. On matches like Iskar it's Chi Burst into dave-taunt into CE. That said, there won't be no CE in Legion either..
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

I used Dizzying haze a good bit on Gorefiend as an initial slow since dps were being super slow/lazy about it sometimes. I'm a touch concerned we might be a bit weak in that area where we've traditionally (so far as the class existing) been very strong on add pick-up. I spose the counter argument is "well you have chi burst and/or Dave".

ON one hand dizzying haze is cool (has it even been confirmed it's gone btw? id be surprised) on the other if they were to remove it id never have to kite adds again

Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    I used Dizzying haze a good bit on Gorefiend as an initial slow
    Inside or outside? We luckily have 3 huntards with permafreeze area in the middle for the outside kite, never even thought about using DH there, but it's an ok idea I suppose.

Downstairs is relatively straightforward, I just TOD a skeleton, then drag the Hulk to a fresh 100% one, with capped energy: Keg Smash -> Leg Sweep -> 2x Jab -> CE -> Keg Smash = 2nd dead skeleton and Hulk about ready to go topside.
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    Haven't seen it mentioned, but the new heirloom tanking trinket is crazy powerful on demon bossfights (Mannoroth/Archimonde in particular). Short CD, 1 minute, and the absorb will easily eclipse 1M with standard resolve amounts, so it's basically another charge of Guard.
    afaik its 650k with max resolve and its not worth it for a fight like manno in my eyes considering kilrogs will always give you dr and anzu's is so amazing for offense & defense simultaneously. I don't feel starved for cd's on manno I just call externals

edit: another example is tyrant. she will knock that absorb off in 2-3 melees

Quote Originally Posted by Lysozyme View Post
    Good point, I am using WUE on it so didn't think about that
    WUE is always one of my trinkets for progress, so I meant WUE and the heirloom if there was any confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by dubwise View Post
    afaik its 650k with max resolve and its not worth it for a fight like manno in my eyes considering kilrogs will always give you dr and anzu's is so amazing for offense & defense simultaneously. I don't feel starved for cd's on manno I just call externals

edit: another example is tyrant. she will knock that absorb off in 2-3 melees
    No, it's much higher than 650k max. You have to count both the absorb shields, separate spell IDs. Anzu's provides pretty minor defense to the Combos since they pierce armor and Stagger it's just an AP stat stick.

Here's my use of it on Mannoroth this week.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...aling&source=6

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanberry View Post
    But even if you don't take it, we still have Keg Smash, Breath of Fire (which is actually useful now), and SCK/RJW, which should be plenty for picking up adds.
    BrMs don't have SCK in Legion, yo.
    disco inferno

After further consideration I'm going with ACP/Mirror for Mannoroth now, and just getting an external whenever I need to take 2/3 or 3/3 of the combo