Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Ah, yeah, makes sense. Was mostly interested in the possibility that there was a bigger, badder ghoul above Eto. One that is not Kanekipede, that is.
    We have yet to see much of V. Kuzen knew he wouldn't be able to oppose them, so either they have many very powerful ghouls, few extremely powerful or massive amounts of moderately powerful ones. However, I believe that V is not as big as Aogiri since they seem to go "off the radar". That would leave last option out.

Quote Originally Posted by Asetotti View Post
    We have yet to see much of V. Kuzen knew he wouldn't be able to oppose them, so either they have many very powerful ghouls, few extremely powerful or massive amounts of moderately powerful ones. However, I believe that V is not as big as Aogiri since they seem to go "off the radar". That would leave last option out.

V is actually /v/ mangafied.

The more you know. It also explains why they're feared so much. They'll breathe really heavy, okay?

V is actually /v/ mangafied.

The more you know. It also explains why they're feared so much. They'll breathe really heavy, okay?
    lmao
    Fear V or they will shitpost.

On another note, I've been reading too many shounen/shonen manga, because when I read seinen, I all see it through the lens of shounen/shonen, with really flat, really shallow concepts being the only ones recognized by my brain because I'm trained to look at it like it's the usual "POWER OF FRIENDSHIP" bullshit. I hope to be able to properly analyze seinen manga, too, soon, as the themes, messages and concepts people manage to interpret and draw from the manga itself, and the symbols embedded in both the art, story and dialogue is stunning, and as stupid/silly/idiotic as it sounds, it is one of the coolest things about a manga for me.

Examples:

http://i.imgur.com/KwSsySJ.jpg

Fairly straightforward, I could think of this, too.

But..

http://i.imgur.com/16Jp7Ae.jpg

Was really interesting to me. Sure, I'd arrived to similar ideas, but only the ones that were really apparent and in-your-face -- not the ones more deeply embedded, and not so out and loud on the surface. It's pretty cool, really.

On another note, I've been reading too many shounen/shonen manga, because when I read seinen, I all see it through the lens of shounen/shonen, with really flat, really shallow concepts being the only ones recognized by my brain because I'm trained to look at it like it's the usual "POWER OF FRIENDSHIP" bullshit. I hope to be able to properly analyze seinen manga, too, soon, as the themes, messages and concepts people manage to interpret and draw from the manga itself, and the symbols embedded in both the art, story and dialogue is stunning, and as stupid/silly/idiotic as it sounds, it is one of the coolest things about a manga for me.

Examples:

http://i.imgur.com/KwSsySJ.jpg

Fairly straightforward, I could think of this, too.

But..

http://i.imgur.com/16Jp7Ae.jpg

Was really interesting to me. Sure, I'd arrived to similar ideas, but only the ones that were really apparent and in-your-face -- not the ones more deeply embedded, and not so out and loud on the surface. It's pretty cool, really.
    I'm guessing you know about the tarots since you use /a/
    Anyways, there is absolutely no reason not to analyze a seinen manga. An excellent manga should be no different from any other work of art. There are so many cool things to notice in TG that it can't no longer be just a coincidence. Ishida has left them there for us to enjoy and find. The symbolisms and hidden meanings only make the manga more interesting to follow, and it's worth the notice that they're not just some random symbols but actually contibute to the story and the characters.

One obvious thing that I've yet to see people emphasize is the fact that lot's of the character have lost either their whole family or family members. There seem to be lots of orphans. Losing of someone very very close to you is something I consider to be an important theme of TG.

I'm guessing you know about the tarots since you use /a/
    Anyways, there is absolutely no reason not to analyze a seinen manga. An excellent manga should be no different from any other work of art. There are so many cool things to notice in TG that it can't no longer be just a coincidence. Ishida has left them there for us to enjoy and find. The symbolisms and hidden meanings only make the manga more interesting to follow, and it's worth the notice that they're not just some random symbols but actually contibute to the story and the characters.

One obvious thing that I've yet to see people emphasize is the fact that lot's of the character have lost either their whole family or family members. There seem to be lots of orphans. Losing of someone very very close to you is something I consider to be an important theme of TG.

It's in fact the reason the CCG seems to even exist. It capitalizes on the hatred sown in the hearts of children that lost their parents, sisters, brothers, all of the above, their entire family, etcetera. to ghouls.

And yeah, I know about the tarots. I also know I shouldn't refrain from analyzing, but I've been reading shonens for so long now, and most of them boil down to "AND WITH THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP, I WILL DO X!", and not much else. So your brain pretty much becomes used to the manga or anime equivalent of a Michael Bay movie. You just start to tune out the deeper meanings in other manga, like Tokyo Ghoul. Being awakened to it, sorta, feels rather amazing. It's this depth that really appeals to me.

It's in fact the reason the CCG seems to even exist. It capitalizes on the hatred sown in the hearts of children that lost their parents, sisters, brothers, all of the above, their entire family, etcetera. to ghouls.

And yeah, I know about the tarots. I also know I shouldn't refrain from analyzing, but I've been reading shonens for so long now, and most of them boil down to "AND WITH THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP, I WILL DO X!", and not much else. So your brain pretty much becomes used to the manga or anime equivalent of a Michael Bay movie. You just start to tune out the deeper meanings in other manga, like Tokyo Ghoul. Being awakened to it, sorta, feels rather amazing. It's this depth that really appeals to me.
    Overuse of nakama power is one of the most irritating aspects of shounens. There are almost no good action shounens. I said almost only because I haven't read every single action shounen out there. I can't give an example of an actually good one.

Overuse of nakama power is one of the most irritating aspects of shounens. There are almost no good action shounens. I said almost only because I haven't read every single action shounen out there. I can't give an example of an actually good one.

I follow Bleach only because of nostalgia, but I finish a chapter in like.. -- what, half a minute, nowadays, and that is even after processing all the information. It's really, really pathetic.

Read too many tragedy lately that i can't stop thinking even romance manga's are going to end in everyone dead 0.0

I follow Bleach only because of nostalgia, but I finish a chapter in like.. -- what, half a minute, nowadays, and that is even after processing all the information. It's really, really pathetic.
    Just like Naruto and me. I read it to see how it ended. It was difficult at times but I actually managed to do it.

Chapter 7 is out and translated on Imperial Scans site.

Haiseneki awesome as always.

Last edited by Phaere; 2014-11-22 at 02:20 AM.

Just like Naruto and me. I read it to see how it ended. It was difficult at times but I actually managed to do it.

Yep, like that. They suck as manga, but it's just.. y'know.. like the way DBZ is for many others. It sucks ass if you think about it beyond the Michael Bay levels of "pew pew" and try to rationalize it, but the favoritism comes solely from the nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaere View Post
    Chapter 7 is out and translated on Imperial Scans site.

Haiseneki awesome as always.

I feel so bad for Kaneki. This translation really makes it clear as day that this was not by own will. Someone made a comment and I hope it's true, that Serpent is a recon for Anteiku, and they plan to retrieve him, but I somehow doubt it. In a way, they might think Kaneki has a better life this way.

Here is the airing date for Tokyo Ghoul 2nd Season and reminder The upcoming second season will be based on a new original story written by Ishida, rather than adapting the remainder of his original manga.

Deleted
    I'm glad it's original in some way, and that the original is made by the author himself. That way it feels like it being original won't be such a bad thing, plus, it is, supposedly, new material too.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I'm glad it's original in some way, and that the original is made by the author himself. That way it feels like it being original won't be such a bad thing, plus, it is, supposedly, new material too.
    Writing a manga and writing a script for a anime is different lets hope Ishida can handle it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yami View Post
    Writing a manga and writing a script for a anime is different lets hope Ishida can handle it.
    Well, I guess, but it just gives me more expectations if it's him doing it. I don't know why...

Spoilers for 8 are out: http://tgre-news.tumblr.com/post/103...spoiler-images It seems Ayato(?) is going to appear soon.

I don't really give a damn about the QuinX team. Only ones of them I like are Saiko, and Mutsuki. It's a classic Trope but Mutsuki being the worthless character always always has some kind of amazing special ability. It's unlikely but it would be interesting if she was implanted with a Kanekipede Kakuhou.

From what we've seen so far: Shirazu = Ukaku, Urie = Koukaku, all we need to know is which of the last 2 is the Rinkaku and which is the Bikaku.

Urie is most likely going to betray the rest of the team in order to get power some time in the near future any ways unless he gets a sudden character development change. And it seems the Tarot which Mutsuki currently has is the #10 the Wheel of Fortune

I really want to see whats going on with Touka and Amon assuming he is alive and was turned into a half-owl by Aogiri.
    Last edited by Phaere; 2014-11-29 at 09:00 PM.

Anime season 2.
    Who's dead here?

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember the anime season 2 is an alternate plot from the manga so its filler.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Remember the anime season 2 is an alternate plot from the manga so its filler.
    Explain how it's filler? There is no way for them to have salvaged S1 with rushing of 80 chapters into 12 episodes.