[Anime] Questions about Hulu Plus and Crunchyroll

Like the title says I got a question about Hulu Plus and Crunchyroll.

1. How offend dose Crunchyroll get updated on there anime. I mainly want to watch Hulu Plus/Cruchyroll for anime and nothing else really.

2. What one has the bigger libary I would assume Cruchyroll dose.

3. Dose the sub to Cruchyroll give you access to the manga section as well I see my free trial says Anime Membership.

What is ur guys opinion on both. I like Hulu on my PC but trying the free trail on my ps4 each video said it wasn't watchable or some shit. I didn't know if its because its been removed or because I canceled the renew payment. I canceled the renew payment with Cruchyroll and can still enjoy the two free weeks just fine.

So as fans of anime what one would you guys pick and why. Also I like dub mostly but will watch sub so how offend dose Cruchyroll update there anime to dub.

What one do you feel as a anime fan is worth the $6.95 a month.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Crunchy has a calender listing releases http://www.crunchyroll.com/launchcalendar unless you are talking about new series? Then it's on a seasonal basis, it's the fall season for anime currently.

I'm not sure, they are relatively close I believe.

No, the manga is a separate sub. But you can read the newest chapters for free.

Anyways the big factor for me is the fact that if you pay for hulu plus you still have ads. If you pay for a crunchy sub the ads are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Crunchy has a calender listing releases http://www.crunchyroll.com/launchcalendar unless you are talking about new series? Then it's on a seasonal basis, it's the fall season for anime currently.

I'm not sure, they are relatively close I believe.

No, the manga is a separate sub. But you can read the newest chapters for free.

Anyways the big factor for me is the fact that if you pay for hulu plus you still have ads. If you pay for a crunchy sub the ads are gone.
    Thats good to know and there seems to be anime on Hulu that isn't on Crunchyroll as well. Dose suck they make u pay and yet have add's.

Edit: Figured out my Hulu problem. Canceling the renew canceled my free week. So I reactivated it so I can watch it. Thats really lame on top of the ads. But it dose has dub anime by the truck load.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2014-10-26 at 07:15 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having used both frequently, sometimes at the same time even, these are my thoughts:

Pro Hulu: they have a huge selection, probably larger than Crunchyroll's. The setup is more clean, imo, and you can do things like trace where you are in a series without filling up your browser with bookmarks. The related anime list is pretty good, and if you like dubs (ideally I like doing subs, but if I'm multitasking dubs are a lot easier to do; can't play league and read text at the same time) they have a good number of animes that are either dubs or have both subs and dubs available. In addition, while crunchyroll gives you better graphics and such with a subscription, it isn't technically necessary to use their site; you can still get some benefit out of it, whereas no Hulu account = their anime section is pretty much shut down. You also get access to a lot more than anime.

Pro Crunchyroll: One thing I've found: They really love throwing out freebies to have you come back. If you pay them for a few months, you get a good amount of free time to try to bring you back, whereas Hulu is a bit more conservative. You also get ad free, completely as opposed to the 1/3rd thing that Hulu does. If you're a fan of subs and only subs, they do better. They also have faster access to new animes, whereas Hulu lags behind some, and a much better community surrounding the website for discussing animes. Also, while Hulu's selection is larger, I think that Crunchyroll's is overall better. The video quality is also a bit better depending on the anime.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Thats good to know and there seems to be anime on Hulu that isn't on Crunchyroll as well. Dose suck they make u pay and yet have add's.

Edit: Figured out my Hulu problem. Canceling the renew canceled my free week. So I reactivated it so I can watch it. Thats really lame on top of the ads. But it dose has dub anime by the truck load.
    I don't mind the ads, in the context that it provides such a massive volume of material at very good quality; as opposed to, say, Netflix which has pretty meh quality and a ton of B rated movies and seasons that can be 2-4 seasons behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    I don't mind the ads, in the context that it provides such a massive volume of material at very good quality; as opposed to, say, Netflix which has pretty meh quality and a ton of B rated movies and seasons that can be 2-4 seasons behind.
    I agree I just didn't like how canceling the renew payment ended my free trial. So I think I'm going with Hulu and Netflix. Thx for ur opinion