Page 35 of 90 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EricN View Post
    S
    - HR vs SD single tar. I know a thread popped up lately, with people saying SD, but no numbers came out. Numbers were ran before we did our farm on M-Butcher, and SD is simming 200 dps higher than HR. Confirm or Deny? Also, I feel like HR gets wasted in execute phase, as you dont have enough rage to dump into block while executing.
    -
    Part of it was that to get out all the HS you had to play perfect to take advantage of the full free HS. Also the margin of error on burning rage that should go to a SB is very high.
    The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly.

Deleted
    SD is better on single target than HR by only by a small margin, around 200 dps like you said. But after the devastate buff I feel that SD is not as valuable as it was before so I'm going to run with HR when we progress M butcher.

Crit is way more powerful for pure dps than mastery, even now so when revenge got buffed seeing as more crit equal more parry, more parry equal more revenges

On twins I would recommend just ignoring execute completely, it's just not worth the rage.

You should definitely not prioritize execute over block unless every single point of dps is crucial where in this example, butcher still hits pretty hard and a block instead of an execute can easily be the difference between wipe and kill.

For bladestorm, I'm not 100% sure but I doubt it's better than BB. They were pretty close in AE fights before and with recent buffs to main abilitys I feel BB's value is just increasing while BS decreases as you use less globals for your buffed attacks. Talking mainly about revenge as thunder clap can be used just before BS and come off CD right after.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexyn-eu View Post
    For bladestorm, I'm not 100% sure but I doubt it's better than BB. They were pretty close in AE fights before and with recent buffs to main abilitys I feel BB's value is just increasing while BS decreases as you use less globals for your buffed attacks. Talking mainly about revenge as thunder clap can be used just before BS and come off CD right after.
    I feel like Bladestrom is pretty good tho for dealing with certain boss abilites. Like if your the tank dealing with the adds on ko'ragh (which you should if you play warrior imo), where any damage onto them adds before the 3rd set has spawned and they are in place in the void zone, is completly useless. Since you have to do the AOE equal to the health of the last adds that have spawned anyway. So you just want to leap to that void zones and get them dead asap, the sooner the better. There I feel like bladestrom over 6 seconds is a ton stronger than bloodbath since thoes adds should be dead after 5, max 10 seconds.

Same with the last boss on mythic with all the aoe packs there that needs to die instantly at set times. Like padding meters with bloodbath is fun and all but like not very usefull if your trying to counter mechanics.

On a sidenote I've also been wondering if I should use bladestrom when there is only two targets, I've been holding onto it if there is no packs to AOE but not sure if its correct or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone got numbers on how much better mastery is than crit defensivly. I've been wanting to go crit all tier since I feel so rage starved without thoes revenge procs when tanking a boss. I much prefer playing more activly and having more rage to spend.

So boys, now that highmaul is getting close to coming to an end, let's go ahead and discuss some points.
    - Still worth it to go crit over mastery for dps?
    - At what point during, say, Twin Ogron, should I be executing? Is it better to me devastating for US stacks and cleaving with that rage? Or is it better to be spamming execute?
    - HR vs SD single tar. I know a thread popped up lately, with people saying SD, but no numbers came out. Numbers were ran before we did our farm on M-Butcher, and SD is simming 200 dps higher than HR. Confirm or Deny? Also, I feel like HR gets wasted in execute phase, as you dont have enough rage to dump into block while executing.
    - Bladestorm viable? At what # of targets can it produce more damage than other talent choices. I would think it would be a high amount of tars with the one hander

Remember, keep in mind, this is ALL dps oriented. At this point, I can generally strike spam all day on every boss except Butcher.

Thanks guys
    -Yes, absolutely
    -I've been running SD, but like Dexyn said after devastate buffs it might be closer
    -I've been using bladestorm on Koragh and Tectus, that's about it

Deleted
    I ran a few tests yesterday in lfr and lvl 45 talent rankings are US>SD>HR no matter how many targets, US will however pull ahead if you're cleaving 2 targets.

For lvl 90 talents bladestorm will win on fights with heavy AE phases like stands on kargath, whole fight for tectus, adds on koragh and margok. Bloodbath wins on 1-2 targets while bladestorm win on 3+ and lastly avatar is well, only usable on butcher really.

I'm not 100% sure if all the hotfixes are in yet, Estarriol on icy-veins said they werent but my SS was critting for 70k and I did 56k dps on tectus, wich is def not something you could do pre buffs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by villy247 View Post
    nice guide
    Nice post count spam.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pleasuretown View Post
    Could anyone help me out in figuring out why this prot warrior is hitting executes for about 10k more damage then me?

his log : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=2

my log : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=62

He has about 350 more attack power then me, that's it. I'm also using a mythic cleaver over his HWF.

I know he takes avatar, however he only gets 2 SD procs in that window which would not be enough to increase his average by almost 10k.
    Looking at the amount of crits he had with execute this should be rather obvious dont you think? :P

Deleted
    Looking at the amount of crits he had with execute this should be rather obvious dont you think? :P
    I'm not sure if you're being serious or not? If not, then I'm talking about the actual damage of the executes, even his lowest normal hit does more then 6k then mine.

His average normal hit is 47k, mine is 33k. Why?

My original question was asking why his execute does more static execute damage. I thought that was "rather obvious dont you think? :P".

Quote Originally Posted by Pleasuretown View Post
    Could anyone help me out in figuring out why this prot warrior is hitting executes for about 10k more damage then me?

his log : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=2

my log : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=62

He has about 350 more attack power then me, that's it. I'm also using a mythic cleaver over his HWF.

I know he takes avatar, however he only gets 2 SD procs in that window which would not be enough to increase his average by almost 10k.
    First of all, use HR (ST) or US (MT) not SD. As you steal a GCD from Devastate, which can give you SS proc.
    You have diffrent trinkets, enchants, you go for crit, he's going mastery, hes got more BA than you. Not sure if battle.net calculate mastery to AP, and BA to AP. But i'd say its mostly because hes mastery build and you are crit.

Deleted
    I was thinking that, however our attack power is very similar, a 400 difference from BA + master won't increase his execute damage by 10k.

At first I thought it was that he only has 4 executes that are not in the window of a buff like armor pots, but his lowest hits are still 6k more then mine, this goes for all his abilites, they're all hitting about 5-10k more then mine, I'm really not thinking that 400 attack power difference is gonna change that.

10+ Year Old Account
    -Again, we were talking about cheesing dps :P
    -Thanks Jet for your response

Alright boys, let's go ahead and move right along to trinket numbers. Talking Patchwerk single tar fights, what are we looking to use for farm (highest dps), in highmaul and Foundry? I feel like BA is exceptional, but i'm not sure at what point I take crit over BA.
    Twitch.tv/ericn_tv

Alright boys, let's go ahead and move right along to trinket numbers. Talking Patchwerk single tar fights, what are we looking to use for farm (highest dps), in highmaul and Foundry? I feel like BA is exceptional, but i'm not sure at what point I take crit over BA.
    Eddy made a post a few pages back linking a bunch of Simcraft rankings for trinkets for all the different metrics (Page 30, Post #590). I doubt that the buffs to our abilities would do anything to change up the lists that much.

Edit - Just checked for myself, looks like the trinket off of Imperator are #1 and #3 (Mythic and Heroic, respectively) of what we currently have available, with Tectus' Beating Heart (Mythic) being the #2
    Last edited by Jjmackey; 2015-01-18 at 08:22 PM.
    Jjmackey - Protection Warrior
    WCL Rankings | Incarnate of US-Ner'zhul
    7/7M EN - US 20th | 3/3M ToV - US 15th | 10/10M NH - US 16th

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jjmackey View Post
    Eddy made a post a few pages back linking a bunch of Simcraft rankings for trinkets for all the different metrics (Page 30, Post #590). I doubt that the buffs to our abilities would do anything to change up the lists that much.

Edit - Just checked for myself, looks like the trinket off of Imperator are #1 and #3 (Mythic and Heroic, respectively) of what we currently have available, with Tectus' Beating Heart (Mythic) being the #2
    Thanks JJ, sorry - rather large thread
    Twitch.tv/ericn_tv

Deleted
    Just took a glance at the rankings from eddy, will EAE be bis together with BFD then? My understanding was that the Tablet of Turnbuckle Teamwork would be better than EAE. This is not only looking from a dps standpoint, more in terms of overall performance.

EDIT: I've also been thinking about using the stam trinket from tectus while progressing on mythic. Killed butcher yesterday for the first time and I felt that I got demolished. My TMI was at 130k I think while some other warriors while higher gear sure, but they had under 100k. Currently I'm using Pol's M and EAE HC wich I believed was the number 1 choices for mitigation due to BA and mastery. Also curious about the defensive value from tectus beating heart now when crit seems to be favoured by many.

Armory and logs are in signature and I'm grateful for all advice.
    Last edited by mmoc586a4e1d79; 2015-01-19 at 09:41 AM.

Deleted
    Just took a glance at the rankings from eddy, will EAE be bis together with BFD then? My understanding was that the Tablet of Turnbuckle Teamwork would be better than EAE. This is not only looking from a dps standpoint, more in terms of overall performance.

EDIT: I've also been thinking about using the stam trinket from tectus while progressing on mythic. Killed butcher yesterday for the first time and I felt that I got demolished. My TMI was at 130k I think while some other warriors while higher gear sure, but they had under 100k. Currently I'm using Pol's M and EAE HC wich I believed was the number 1 choices for mitigation due to BA and mastery. Also curious about the defensive value from tectus beating heart now when crit seems to be favoured by many.

Armory and logs are in signature and I'm grateful for all advice.
    Looking at your kill on Jan 16th, I see you have some issues with sub-optimal shield block uptime. In particular, your first shield block comes at 00:00:33.878 which is very very late. In 33seconds you can have recharged nearly 3 charges of shield block and should have cast it at least twice before this point. You have 41% uptime which should be closer to 50% on this fight. Don't let shield block charges go to waste (i.e. never sit at 2 charges ready, except maybe if you're about to taunt and become the mt in the next few seconds).

Not exactly related to your survival, but your dps opener is quite odd too. You use draenic armor pot pre-pull, but then you delay using Pol's trinket/Vision of the cyclops for nearly 10seconds, which causes the last 5seconds of the trinket to not overlap with your pot. You also delay blood bath by 5 seconds, but it still fits into the pot window so it's not too bad.. For the 2nd pot, you sync it with the trinket but you should probably have waited til your 4th bloodbath was off cd to sync both with that too. (Also probably should be using Avatar not Bloodbath on a fight that lasts <4min).

Deleted
    My weird opener is because I pre pot when our monk taunts so the boss runs faster to our location, we tank it at the same spot furthest back in the water.

Basically dps monk pulls, I taunt off and leap to position where our druid taunts off, dont ask why we had our druid taunt off I just went with it. Then we just stay at the same place throughout the fight to minimize movement and potential fuckups with the melee soakers.

In other words I have to prepot ofc, but I got no use for my trinket until the boss is positioned wich takes a few seconds. Same goes for block there as I'm not tanking and we want to squeeze dps I just spammed HS at this point.

Might wanna try avatar though you're right.

Deleted
    TC on single target now with glyph? Also seems Revenge deals more dmg than Shield slam so shouldnt it be prioritized first?
    Last edited by mmocc6fffc7f02; 2015-01-19 at 07:27 PM.

TC doesn't do more damage that dev even w/ the glyph afaik.

Any tips for mythic brackenspore/tectus? Gonna tank them in a few days, and i'm kinda nervous about the tank dmg. My ilvl is only 663, due to a couple of low ilvl pieces (630 shield still, and 2 640 crafteds).

So talent choices, cooldown usage help etc would be greatly appreciated.