Page 44 of 90 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Same here, same here....

Deleted
    I agree with Novaflare. Without over 60 rage and quite high Resolve percentage, our Sbr is a mere piece of paper against the huge magic damage hits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaflare View Post
    I would trade our sbar for a sbar with 2 charges and a 30 sec cd that absorbs equiv of guard. It's cd is not a downside in the current tanking dynamic.
    Yes, please!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheZoidbee View Post
    I agree with Novaflare. Without over 60 rage and quite high Resolve percentage, our Sbr is a mere piece of paper against the huge magic damage hits.
    I think the actual number for the Sbr buff inc should have been around 75% - 100%. It's still going to be pretty weak I fear. It's not like our 2/4 set is going to tweak it further so IDK why they are being so passive about this.

- - - Updated - - -

As some other people have noted in this thread may be bailing on my 677 warrior soon as well. My monk is 660 and takes about the same amount of damage as my warrior. Super frustrating. I really wanted to stick to the war this xpac but I don't like to be middle of the pack. Sco has fan-effing-tastic healers, that's the difference. Highly organized healers that manage externals on the tanks really well.
    The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly.

Well it's sco who calls for externals if you raid mythic you should have enough externals. Get Hermes and track them also tell your guildies not to use them unless you call for them so they won't get wasted. But yeah shield barrier was fine before, it was just broken at high vengeance. It should absorb double the amount it does now to be usefull.

Deleted
    Saying warrior tanks are fine cause sco might be one of the most retarded things i've seen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deliverer View Post
    Well it's sco who calls for externals if you raid mythic you should have enough externals. Get Hermes and track them also tell your guildies not to use them unless you call for them so they won't get wasted.
    I cannot imagine even an average heroic guild that does not track and call out externals when needed. Calling them out is not the issue; it's the fact that warriors are much more dependent on them, than for example monks that just seem to plow through everything with barely missing a stride.

I'm leveling a monk, just in case but I'm not quite there yet to change up my main. But that is probably in big part just because I'm so darn stubborn...

Deleted
    Apart from the fact that shield barrier needs a serious buff , i dont think that wil be even enough they need to redo spell reflection so that if it doesnt reflect a spell it reduces magic dmg taken by X percentage or atleast my us able to block magic dmg with our normal block...

But back to spell reflection is pretty fucking useless in raids.

Picked up the 680 mace off kromog but rocking the 670 butcher's axe, worth switching over or hold off? Just wondering what the general thought was given the secondaries.

Deleted

Kromog Mace vs Butcher Axe

Quote Originally Posted by venaseph View Post
    Picked up the 680 mace off kromog but rocking the 670 butcher's axe, worth switching over or hold off? Just wondering what the general thought was given the secondaries.
    Kromog mace is giving mastery which is good, but the haste is mostly useless in comparison with other stats. In my opinion, if you are not going for a better ilvl, you should keep Butcher axe as mastery and critical strike is absolutely best stats for Protection Warriors. 15 Stamina and 10 Strength and a small bit of DPS is not better than +76 critical strike.

If you're considering a better weapon, try to get either Mythic Butcher Ax or Sword from Gruul HC or Mythic as Multistrike is better than Haste.

I will probably keep Mythic Butcher Axe for a long time, till I get Gruul Sword Mythic with WF or socket.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheZoidbee View Post
    Kromog mace is giving mastery which is good, but the haste is mostly useless in comparison with other stats. In my opinion, if you are not going for a better ilvl, you should keep Butcher axe as mastery and critical strike is absolutely best stats for Protection Warriors. 15 Stamina and 10 Strength and a small bit of DPS is not better than +76 critical strike.

If you're considering a better weapon, try to get either Mythic Butcher Ax or Sword from Gruul HC or Mythic as Multistrike is better than Haste.

I will probably keep Mythic Butcher Axe for a long time, till I get Gruul Sword Mythic with WF or socket.
    Sim-wise haste isn't AS bad as you would think. It all depends on how much you are going to gain with relative weighting, also bear in mind that it will have more strength and stamina. My current weights for TDR are; Crit 0.74, Mastery 0.71, Haste 0.41 and for TMI; Mastery 1.19, Crit 0.89, Haste 0.38, Multistrike 0.69

Deleted
    any idea why they are refusing to buff shield barrier to an adequete amount? dont they see we are seriously struggling in mythic raids where theres lots of dmg we simply cant block/we dont have the cds for it.

Also i dont understand why they have given a tool like holy shield to paladins and didnt give us an equivelent or like i said again rework bloody spell reflection and shit like that.

Deleted
    We will still probably be a little behind come 6.1 with the buffs to Armor and Barrier but it will bring us closer in line. I would more than likely take more manageable damage as a Monk but I don't currently feel like I would *have* to change class to make decent progress

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Apart from the fact that shield barrier needs a serious buff , i dont think that wil be even enough they need to redo spell reflection so that if it doesnt reflect a spell it reduces magic dmg taken by X percentage or atleast my us able to block magic dmg with our normal block...

But back to spell reflection is pretty fucking useless in raids.
    Spell reflection is good if Blizzard designs mechanics with it in mind. But much like a lot of other spells that were pruned for being "useless", a lack of mechanics to flex it on decreases it's value. I thought Spell Reflect was useful enough in SoO - Norushen, Protectors, Shamans(pretty sure you can reflect the magic nukes), trash(lol, I know). Norushen's at least had a pretty big impact on performance, though the fight was easy enough on heroic that it didn't give a huge advantage or anything.

I would prefer keep Sbarrier as it is and make a Glyph of Reflection.

# Glyph of Reflection
    - Instead of reflecting a spell you gain 20% Magic Damage Reduction, CD increase to 1min.

It shouldn't work with Mass Spell Reflect tho.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysearia View Post
    I would prefer keep Sbarrier as it is and make a Glyph of Reflection.

# Glyph of Reflection
    - Instead of reflecting a spell you gain 20% Magic Damage Reduction, CD increase to 1min.

It shouldn't work with Mass Spell Reflect tho.
    I'm sure we would all be over the moon for such a glyph but it is simply not going to happen. It would be an 100% required glyph for any raiding prot warrior and Blizzard wants to keep glyphs situational.

Deleted
    Thing is Spell reflection is useless in its current form and is only useble in just a few encounters/trash , they just had a ability pruning/merging.

Why they didnt make it usefull is beyond me, i would really like spell reflection reduce magic dmg taken by 20 -40%.
    Not only do you make this ability usefull it becomes intresting once more.

- - - Updated - - -

Or even better make it work like anti magic shell , it shoulnd be as strong as anti magic shell because the cooldown is alot lower but somewhere again between the 20%-40% range should be fair, and also give it the rage generation just as shell generates runic power!

Perhaps this wil be a bit too op but its just another idea to fix this issue.

Deleted
    I don't PvP but I can see at least one reason why Spell Reflect wouldn't get changed, however the ideas being given here are really good imo

Let's go bit further then (assuming they don't want more abilities tho glyph would be best solution):

- Glyph of Reflection
    # 40% Magic Damage reduction for 4sec. Cooldown 1 minute.
    # Gives only 5/10% against spells cast by players

- If you choose Mass Spell Reflect talent
    # Spell Reflect works same for raid/party members, nothing changes here.

This should have been done ages ago as other then pvp or trash, this ability is just useless (sure, Norushen etc, but how often did we really use that in general?).

Has anyone run any simulations for the 4/4 Knight's Badge? Considering how high ranking the 3/3 was on Eddy's trinket rankings both for damage output and damage reduction, I imagine the 4/4 version would be a pretty solid choice. Sorry if it's been discussed, scanned through the posts made in the last month or so but didn't see anything at a glance.

Regardless, I've been getting my Savage Bloods ready just in case.
    Jjmackey - Protection Warrior
    WCL Rankings | Incarnate of US-Ner'zhul
    7/7M EN - US 20th | 3/3M ToV - US 15th | 10/10M NH - US 16th

I'm kind of wondering the same thing as Jjmackey; I'm sitting on a plethora of tanking trinkets, including a 3/3 Knight's Badge that I'm ready to upgrade ASAP on Wednesday.