Page 79 of 90 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Out of curiosity...did someone test the Gorefiend trinket (UeH) für pure dps purposes for Prot? And the cleavetrinket? I wore the cleavetrinket for some time on farm progress now, but it avarages around 3,5-4% of my dps, which is worse than what I calculated for Anzus.

UeH on the other hand looks promising for pure dps (even with a higher def bonus than cleave or burn).

There will be a number of targets where Discordant Chorus beats other trinkets, but I don't know what that number of targets is.

As discussed above somewhere, UeH is pretty good but not as good as TTT with the ring, nor as good as EDH or ACP.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysozyme View Post
    It's the trinket from Hans'gar and Franzok in Blackrock Foundry. It's mastery with armour (bonus armour) on use, on a 2 minute cooldown. When combined with the legendary ring, it's very strong. All the above talk about it was done assuming the mythic version of the trinket.
    Yeah that is a good point. I do recall putting up some pretty solid ranks when I was still using that Trink (which was a long time until I finally got ACP). Currently running ACP + KB for a "middle of the road" between straight mitigation and straight DPS. Still ranking in the mid-high 90 percentile range (in heroic but still), so seems to be fine. I will likely keep ACP and WbR on for Mythic once it goes crossrealm, but I will also toying with the idea of UGing Knight's Badge. Thoughts?

If you've still got mythic TTT, it's way better for both survivability and dps than Knight's Badge, as far as I'm aware

Quote Originally Posted by Threetrees View Post
    Yeah that is a good point. I do recall putting up some pretty solid ranks when I was still using that Trink (which was a long time until I finally got ACP). Currently running ACP + KB for a "middle of the road" between straight mitigation and straight DPS. Still ranking in the mid-high 90 percentile range (in heroic but still), so seems to be fine. I will likely keep ACP and WbR on for Mythic once it goes crossrealm, but I will also toying with the idea of UGing Knight's Badge. Thoughts?
    Not sure what "UGing" means, but there's relatively few bosses where I would consider using WBR over KB.

WBR is "decent" on a lot of bosses, but it's really only strong on Xhul, Mannoroth, and Archimonde (and as brought up by Eman on the last page, WBR being strong on Archi is pretty debatable).

Unlike the poster above I wouldn't say TTT is necessarily stronger than KB defensively (and at any rate, definitely not "way" stronger) unless the boss timings really favour the 2 min on-use CD, but it's definitely stronger in terms of DPS when combined with the legendary ring.

Has anyone purposely used TTT defensively since the legendary ring? It should always be used during ring and if you're not doing that or you need more survivability then you should just use a different trinket.

I actually think WBR is mostly useless, outside of tanking purple on Xhul'horac and maybe Archi mythic if you're soaking fire 2+ times and tanking doomcallers p2 without having the legendary ring up for it. I just don't see an argument for mannoroth at all, you've got shield wall up every second massive blast and last stand + demo shout for the others where you don't. Even then you can run AM and have last stand up for every single blast if you really need it. You should have ample externals as well for massive blasts in the last phase. The only argument i can kind of see is taking the full combo in a two tank strat or something, in which i'd rather use ACP and WUE if i had to.

Quote Originally Posted by Toroq View Post
    Not sure what "UGing" means, but there's relatively few bosses where I would consider using WBR over KB.

WBR is "decent" on a lot of bosses, but it's really only strong on Xhul, Mannoroth, and Archimonde (and as brought up by Eman on the last page, WBR being strong on Archi is pretty debatable).

Unlike the poster above I wouldn't say TTT is necessarily stronger than KB defensively (and at any rate, definitely not "way" stronger) unless the boss timings really favour the 2 min on-use CD, but it's definitely stronger in terms of DPS when combined with the legendary ring.
    Yeah I agree with you, Toroq. WBR is a pretty insane amount of mitigation overall (provided, as you say, there is significant magic damage), but I can't quite get over how it doesn't provide you with any stat boost at all. Especially for Warriors and Monks (and still a very solid trinket for DK's/Pallies), I feel KB isn't being given its due. Likely because it is exactly what I described: a "middle of the road" trinket. TTT is a burst mitigation trinket (though as many have said no one uses it like that anymore), which is why it excels in CMs, and is obviously a huge burst DPS trinket when coupled with the ring.

Are most of you still using the 4pc, or are we rocking Archi Shoulders + Mythic or Crafted Gloves these days? I do enjoy the extra mitigation CD (which warriors are sorely in need of), especially since it covers are most glaring weakness: magic damage.

Oh, by "UGing," I meant UpGrading with Valor.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean94 View Post
    Has anyone purposely used TTT defensively since the legendary ring? It should always be used during ring and if you're not doing that or you need more survivability then you should just use a different trinket.

I actually think WBR is mostly useless, outside of tanking purple on Xhul'horac and maybe Archi mythic if you're soaking fire 2+ times and tanking doomcallers p2 without having the legendary ring up for it. I just don't see an argument for mannoroth at all, you've got shield wall up every second massive blast and last stand + demo shout for the others where you don't. Even then you can run AM and have last stand up for every single blast if you really need it. You should have ample externals as well for massive blasts in the last phase. The only argument i can kind of see is taking the full combo in a two tank strat or something, in which i'd rather use ACP and WUE if i had to.
    Literally the only time I've used TTT defensively was pre-legendary ring on Zakuun before kill times became short enough that it didn't work as well. If you do him slowly the 2 min CD lines up with his unarmed phase. That's basically as good as it gets for TTT defensively.

For Xhul I'd argue WBR for tanking Vanguard as well. The only potentially dangerous part of the fight is where Felblaze Flurry lines up with Fel Strike. Both are blockable and do fire damage, so you should have SB up at that point and WBR just makes you that much tankier against the damage.

It's the same line of reasoning for Mannoroth, the combo is the only dangerous part and WBR makes your SB mitigate both the strike and the blast.

Of course it can be argued in both of these cases that you don't need to have WBR because you can just call for externals, but when discussing an optimal defensive setup I am of the opinion that you should generally gear for the most dangerous parts of the fight. For me that meant I used WBR + WUE on Xhul, Manno and Archi on progression, although I've dropped WBR on all 3 of them since.

Of course it also goes without saying that WBR is purely defensive and you should always take the offensive aspect of ACP into consideration unless you're really struggling to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Threetrees View Post
    Are most of you still using the 4pc, or are we rocking Archi Shoulders + Mythic or Crafted Gloves these days? I do enjoy the extra mitigation CD (which warriors are sorely in need of), especially since it covers are most glaring weakness: magic damage.
    The usefulness of our 4p is pretty debatable. I'm a huge fan of it and used it on just about every boss for progression after I got my 4p, but it's really not necessary whatsoever for progression, although the two bosses where it's arguably most useful is on Manno and Archi, due to LS lining up with every other Glaive Combo you take and every Deathcaller you take.
    Last edited by Toroq; 2015-10-31 at 05:18 PM.

Can't believe the warrior class trinket gives zero dps bonuses.. Rather lame considering all other tank class trinkets do.

I mean in fairness the druid class trinket, whilst doing damage, does really poor damage. And the DK one is not to be mentioned. But yeah, the warrior one should at the very least do something similar to the druid one. I hate having to use it.

The druid one can do decent damage, it really depends on how many hits you take... which is kinda lame ill give you that. It's doing almost 10% of my dps on mythic archimonde while tanking deathcallers because of the dot effect.

Still considerably worse than other trinkets as regards damage done, though, compared to e.g. monk* and paladin, which are bis offensively (on most fights at a certain ilvl and above)

The Monk one adds near 0 defensive value and we never use it.

Deleted
    There are other options for offensive trinkets, from a full defensive build to a more offensive one you can more or less double your DPS. As I've said before I quite like the way the trinket is currently and think it serves a nieche quite well making it a really great situational trinket.

Speak for yourself, Khorm :P

Deleted
    Thoughts on the prot warrior preview ?
    Not a fan off heroic strike on gcd.
    Which is the by product of having our rage generated from damage taken again.
    I wasn't a huge fan of it before and doubt it'll be much better this time around.

Really liking the spell reflect change.
    Ignore pain will be interesting to see how it develops.

I'm really liking Shield Block costing a small amount of rage (even if the rage generation is appropriately low), and that massive 90% DR for a single attack, and the spell reflect...all looks pretty sweet! I like HS being on the gcd because it means that it's intended to be a direct DPS-Survivability tradeoff rather than just a thing to spam with excess rage outside of your rotation. Though I wouldn't be surprised to see a talent that changes all of that :P

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Not a fan off heroic strike on gcd.
    It's not on the gcd.

i don't really like ignore pain , warriors needed another cd against spike damage but 90%? if the cd is too short it will be broken, if the cd is too long warriors will still have the reliance on externals problems

It seemed to me that it didn't have a CD; it just cost an enormous amount of rage (four times the amount of shield block)