Poll: Poll

Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Do you like Subway (restaurant)

If so, why? And what "sandwich" do you prefer the most? I put it in quotes because I think that Subway (or at least the one I know of) does not make genuine food (refer to pink slime at McDonalds). Personal opinion of course.
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Has to be a foot long sub on Hearty Italian bread. Steak, double helping of spicy cheese, red onion and southwest sauce. Perfection

Rarely, the sandwich I like is $10.75 here... Chicken bacon ranch on Italian herbs and cheese, lettuce tomatoes cucumbers and green peppers with southwest sauce and honey mustard with just pepper

15+ Year Old Account
    No, too much bread and veggies. On a footlong u get one layer of meat and cheese and 2 LBS of lettuce, 3 lbs of bread!

Yes but sadly I can't eat the sandwich I like anymore. I would get a Cold Cut with pepperjack cheese/all types of peppers they have and some spinish, loaded with mayo. But since I got bad acid reflex now I can't eat it

Also sometimes I get it tosted.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    its hardly a restaurant , fancier sandwich stand would be better description... and no im not a fan of it.

Sadly I do

And i dont even know why i do. My bad I didn't see the part where you asked what sandwich we like....

I am a fan of many of theirs, but I guess if I had to pick one it would be the Veggie Patty - loaded with every other vegetable as well.
    Last edited by slime; 2014-10-04 at 05:48 PM.

Yeah, love them, especially the meatball marinara with cheese. However I don't eat them, haven't had one in .. 4yrs?

Deleted
    yeah its pretty good, its not really amazing but for £5 it ain't bad.

Nah, it's the mcdonalds of subs, and I don't go to mcdonalds either.

I eat there once or twice a week, so yeah I like it xD

I usually take a footlong Italian BMT on flatbread with bacon and extra cheese (the spicy/hot) with tomatoes, cucumber and chipotle dressing

Or a footlong chicken breast on a white bread with extra cheese (regular), salad and cucumber

Deleted
    Yes but I rarely get some. I like all the different options. But they arent quick making atleast where I live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Used to, until I realized that everything they make just tastes.... Bland.
    And the chicken. The horror that is their chicken.

After a friend worked there and hearing some of crap that goes on behind the counter? Never again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get them sometimes, its the only "Fast food" place I've been to in well over a year.

I get a footlong on wheat, club, no cheese, heavy pickles, lettuce, heavy green peppers, line of the honey mustard, a bit of the vinager.

- - - Updated - - -

I used to work at a subway and I would make the "Vegetarian" sub, the patties they used to have, and put bacon and cheese on it, it actually tasted super good.
    You're a towel.

Their cold subs are okay, nothing special mind and somewhat overpriced.

Their hot subs are just microwaved rubbish though, totally unappealing. If I want a breakfast sub then I will go to a cafe where it will be grilled or fried.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Nah, it's the mcdonalds of subs, and I don't go to mcdonalds either.
    I wouldn't even put them in the same ballpark, at least from a calories point of view I'm pretty sure a Big Mac blows any footlong from Subway out of the water. McDonalds is garbage in general.

Anyway, yes I do, because I like sandwiches, and flatbread.

I always get the Cold Cut Combo though, which is a LIE because it only has bologna on it, no combos of other cold cuts. It's still pretty good though.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Just like I only ever visited KFC once and disliked it enough to never go there again.
    Hweugh, I'd rather go to McDonald's than KFC.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2014-10-04 at 05:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    when Im hungry at 1 am its pretty good, not alot of places with the dining area open at that time. Always get a footlong club or a spicy italian.
    #JusticeForRucati
    PSN: Iskalla74, inv for Destiny if you need help

It's not my favorite fast food, but it's not bad. The food seems more genuine than some-- I mean, it's just deli meat, cheese, veggies and bread, there's really not that many ways to screw that up unless you're against processed food in general.

I usually get ham and cheese or the melt (ham, turkey, bacon, cheese) or, rarely, the seafood on either flatbread or herb bread, depending on what I feel like eating. I actually don't like very many raw veggies, so I typically go with just spinach, a little mayo, a little honey mustard. And a cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyllian View Post
    Their hot subs are just microwaved rubbish though, totally unappealing.
    All of the Subways near me switched to these little toaster oven-like contraptions that leave the sandwiches crunchy and toasty instead of warm and squishy like the old microwaves they used when I was a kid. Are these not everywhere?
    Last edited by Dawnshadow; 2014-10-04 at 05:55 PM.

I don't ever choose to eat there. The smell of the place makes me cringe. That goes for every one I've visited, not just any specific one.

If I absolutely have to eat there, I'll take a spicy BMT, toasted, peppers, vinaigrette, and that's it.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.