Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I hope we can turn off the outlines, I'm not a big fan of those. I can't wait for all the free bag space though. Every one of my characters have their banks completely filled with junk and I've been using the mailbox for even more storage, just mailing stuff back and forth. I think maybe I'm a virtual hoarder.
    Last edited by Thrackerzod; 2014-10-13 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrackerzod View Post
    I hope we can turn off the outlines, I'm not a big fan of those.
    I haven't been on the beta for a while, but I'm fairly sure that you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrackerzod View Post
    I hope we can turn off the outlines, I'm not a big fan of those. I can't wait for all the free bag space though. Every one of my characters have their banks completely filled with junk and I've been using the mailbox for even more storage, just mailing stuff back and forth. I think maybe I'm a virtual hoarder.
    For the outlines there's an option in the Inteface options to turn it off.

"Access to Ordos no longer requires a legendary cloak."

Get ready to dodge adds on Wednesday as all the noobs accidentally kite them up to Ordos's platform. >.<

Yes Wednesday, because we all know how major content patches go, some unforeseen problem always comes up. I am betting on 18 to 20 hour maintenance, have alternate plans for the evening.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Just FYI, Defraggler is a good program (ad-free), but it took days to defrag a 1TB HDD, (30+hr). There are quicker programs like Smart Defrag which do it in ~8hrs, but those also have ads..
    Personally I just use the one that comes with Windows.

It's probably safer as MS, the creators of NTFS, created it - and they are the only ones that really know the details of NTFS.

Not to mention, it has probably already been set to run automatically weekly if you are using a newer versions of Windows.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Deleted
    the updated old dungeons are a surprise, but a very nice one, hopefully we'll get level 100 versions of them too. whilst its great to have older content updated to make the experience better for new players and people levelling alts, it seems a shame a lot of us won't get to see it because we have levelled to max so many times already.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Just FYI, Defraggler is a good program (ad-free), but it took days to defrag a 1TB HDD, (30+hr). There are quicker programs like Smart Defrag which do it in ~8hrs, but those also have ads..
    And thats why you partition your disc...

1:30 hours (not even quick defrag) to defrag 250gb (partition from my 1TB drive), my SSD is to small to patch WoW so temporarily on my normal drive.

R.I.P. MSAA, it was a great 10 years where you protected me from eyecancer...

Best patch ever! So much great stuff.

Excellent summary post. Thanks for the defrag suggestion, too.

really FXAA and CMAA what are they thinking.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by F-Minus View Post
    really FXAA and CMAA what are they thinking.
    /shrug

Maybe they will implement more advanced stuff like SMAA T2x someday.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Can anyone explain in normal terms, what the difference between FXAA and CMAA is?
    Is one better than the other? Is one nvidia and the other ati?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiroh View Post
    Can anyone explain in normal terms, what the difference between FXAA and CMAA is?
    They are both utterly bad post-processing filers also know as not real AA, CMAA is a tad better as FXAA, but ultimately both trash. FXAA is just blur galore on edges.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiroh View Post
    FXAA is one of the first post process AAs (PPAA). It's aliasing detection algorithm is very primitive, resulting in a lot of false positives - hence the blur that many complain about. The only benefit of FXAA is that it's very cheap, cheapest among all PPAAs.

CMAA is an offshoot of MLAA and cousin to SMAA that it shares a lot with. CMAA is just more "conservative" than SMAA - hence the "C" in CMAA. Both SMAA and CMAA have much better aliasing detection - ergo, less blurring - and attempts to guess the subpixel details which it then reconstructs.

Quote Originally Posted by F-Minus View Post
    They are both utterly bad post-processing filers also know as not real AA, CMAA is a tad better as FXAA, but ultimately both trash. FXAA is just blur galore on edges.
    MSAA isn't "real AA" either. It's a cheap ass approximation of SSAA (the only real AA; that is way too expensive to be practical in the vast majority of real time use cases).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    In very simple terms,

FXAA really just blurrs EVERYTHING to make it look smoother
    CMAA, is a proper AA method but it doesn't do as good a job as the older methods and also I don't think it applies any AA to transparent textures which means things like leaves on trees look like they do without any AA (which means awful).
    CMAA does AA alpha textures. It's MSAA that doesn't although it can be modified to by adding alpha to coverage.
    Last edited by SodiumChloride; 2014-10-13 at 12:22 PM.

Deleted
    Just buy some 970 or 980 and use friggin DSR (glorified SSAA name), and play games in SSAA like a baws!
    TLDR: CMAA - blurfest, FXAA - super blurfest.

Thanks for the explanations!

Sounds really disappointing. Now that I finally got a rig that could run WoW at max with 8xmultisampling they nerfed it. Lame!

Deleted
    Hm. I can't see anything on it here so, can anyone confirm/ deny that polearms can be transmogged into two-handed swords/axes/maces and vice versa?

Deleted
    The Key to the Palace of Lei Shen no longer drops and In the Hall of the Thunder King is now a Legacy achievement. Existing keys are still usable though!
    WHAT!!?? Stop removing this kind of content! Were are going to Draenor in the next expansion, just leave the older content be! I was going to enjoy being able to do the Hall fo the Thunder King as lvl 100, just for fun, get the achievement and see what was at the end.

Another Void Storage tab has been added. Try not to fill it up in a week.
    Yeah, um... sure. Right now my quest log is full if several completed Brawler's Guild quests which I've been saving for this very day (final day before patch) because I didn't have the space to store all of the shirts. I'm extremely happy for these storage changes. The second Void tab, reagent tab, and toy box mean that I will free up a ton of space.