Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Harekrsna View Post
    Woah, nice guide Pawkets. I had no idea you had this up here ~~ good to see you are still raiding.
    Haha, yup. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arctagon View Post
    So it's better to waste combo points than to not use TF on cooldown, then?
    I don't see how what you described necessitates wasting combo points?

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

With energy about to cap while at 5CP, there will be wasted combo points in order to not cap energy when using TF. Unless one uses an ability that doesn't generate combo points, but there are none that are optimal for use on single-target.

You didn't mention energy so I assumed you meant it was a non-issue. If you can't just wait then TF, you should Bite first. In poor gear if you get bad PF procs you might cause some Rip downtime but its probably worth it considering that should be the case the minority of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctagon View Post
    At 5CP, TF is about to come off cooldown, Rip—non-TFed—is about to enter the Pandemic zone, and energy is not far from capping.
    But okay, so not wasting combo points has a higher priority than Rip maintenance, then? I now it's quite specific, but I've found myself in the situation a couple times and haven't been entirely sure what to do.

In this scenario yes, because the opportunity cost of Biting vs Ripping is not that large.

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    For the stats we do have available at level 90, expect much of the same: Crit universally desirable as our attuned stat, Haste all around meh, and Mastery shitty on single target but ridiculous for sustained multi-target. For the new stats, Multistrike is in much the same place as crit but doesn't have the 5% increase from attunement or the interaction with Ferocious Bite or stealth Shred so it falls in a strong second place on single target. Versatility isn't anything spectacular but since Haste is so bad (and Mastery even worse when it comes to single target) it tends to land somewhere between those stats and Multistrike.
    For level 100 I'm simming (built in SimC profiles) mastery is quite a bit better than haste single target. Well, maybe not 'quite a bit better' but there's basically the same difference between crit and mastery as there is between mastery and haste. With Vers winning out over Multi in Mythic gear.

Last edited by The Cat; 2014-11-05 at 05:01 PM.

Just curious, but how do you think ferals will hold up on the heavy aoe fights in WoD?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
    For level 100 I'm simming (built in SimC profiles) mastery is quite a bit better than haste single target. Well, maybe not 'quite a bit better' but there's basically the same difference between crit and mastery as there is between mastery and haste. With Vers winning out over Multi in Mythic gear.
    Yes I was mistaken about the mastery thing. Bloodtalons and Improved Rake brings it up above haste. Versatility being 0.03 better isn't "winning", that's easily in the margin of error, but what it does indicate is that the profile probably doesn't have enough Versatility (as its relative value will go down the more you have).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Imkilo View Post
    Just curious, but how do you think ferals will hold up on the heavy aoe fights in WoD?
    Council fights where the mobs live for minutes or more will be fantastic for us, but fights that involve AoE onto short lived adds (25 seconds or less give or take, anything we wouldn't really be able to take full advantage of Rip) we'll be pretty mediocre. Our raw single target is tuned pretty high so that's what will carry us through those fights; we certainly won't be an asset but we shouldn't be bottom of the meters either.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2014-11-05 at 06:04 PM.

Hey pawkets! From your post on fluid,can you explain this qoute?

Your post pertaining to it, so you don't have to check
    "With how much oomph Ferocious Bite has now, it'd be fairly silly not to use an OoC on Shred over it if you're already at 5 combo points (although I'm not sure if that was even part of the question). I imagine Thrash is still pretty competitive with Ferocious Bite for OoC usage considering you save twice as much energy, but I don't have any actual figures on that."
    Last edited by lifteez; 2014-11-08 at 02:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedail View Post
    I think I'm close to understanding this thread. . ./places tinfoil hat squarely on head. . .Ah, yes. I see now. . . /tinfoil hat off, approaching reality once more

The quote you are referring to says it would be silly to use an OoC proc on Shred over FB, not vice versa.

Ok! Yeah, maybe my mind is mental blocking but I couldn't figure it out
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedail View Post
    I think I'm close to understanding this thread. . ./places tinfoil hat squarely on head. . .Ah, yes. I see now. . . /tinfoil hat off, approaching reality once more

Oops, yeah the wording on that doesn't make any sense. Arctagon got it, though.

Guide updated for level 100!

Oops, yeah the wording on that doesn't make any sense. Arctagon got it, though.
    I've been wondering about that for a while.

is there any good toys for eng to make it worth keeping?

Can you explain Blood Talons a bit more in depth? =c Maybe i'm just over thinking it but, does it snapshot? You covered Savage Roar and Tigers Fury above but does BT work with things like Rip/Rake? Should I be holding the procs a bit longer for things like bit over shred - or just use them asap as I get them ect?

| Signature by: Elyssia | Shaman | Priest |Druid |

Yes it snapshots, it has to otherwise it wouldn't work as the buff goes away when you spend it. Yes it works with bleeds because they are melee abilities. You want to use the charges to buff the biggest damage abilities possible which means saving your Predatory Swiftness until 4+ CP so you can use one charge on a Rake if needed and one on a finisher (you can also use on Thrash on AoE, ofc).

Yes it snapshots, it has to otherwise it wouldn't work as the buff goes away when you spend it. Yes it works with bleeds because they are melee abilities. You want to use the charges to buff the biggest damage abilities possible which means saving your Predatory Swiftness until 4+ CP so you can use one charge on a Rake if needed and one on a finisher (you can also use on Thrash on AoE, ofc).

Ok cool! That's sorta what I was thinking, I just wanted to confirm. Is it worth reapplying a rake with BT? does it take priority over a TF buffed rip? It's the smaller details like that i'm still shakey on.

| Signature by: Elyssia | Shaman | Priest |Druid |

Yes you always want to overwrite a weaker Rake for a stronger one given you don't have a more important generator to use (like putting Rake on a mob that doesn't already have it). Rip is generally not worth refreshing if you'll waste duration doing so (more than 7.2 seconds remaining), even with BT.

Just getting back into Feral after an entire expansion of being Guardian/Restoration. I have a rough idea as to how the rotation goes but I'm iffy on a few things:

1. Is it better to Shred or Rake for opener out of Prowl?
    2. Is it worth casting a non-PS HT for Rip if you are at 4 CPs and plan on using Rake to get your 5th CP?
    3. As a NE, is it better to use Shadowmeld on CD for the empowered Shred (assuming target is bleeding), or save it for a situation where SR falls off?
    4. In a multi-target situation, how many targets are needed where maintaining Thrash bleed is a higher priority than tab-Raking, and how many targets are needed to where Thrash beats Rake as the CP generator?
    5. Anyone have some nice WAs for major abilities (TF, Berserk, etc)? The ones I have are a bit too simple but I haven't had time to make them look better.