Page 11 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I simply meant that using the mouse to place a target while moving is more hand eye coordination then having a Glyph.
    The cost of gaining that ease of usage (and it might move WITH the target) could be only one instance on RoF at a time.

are they seriously ok with shadowburn being a dps loss for destro?
    its fucking stupid
    imagine soul reaper or execute doing less damage for DKs and warriors respectively
    so retarded blizz
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    This is actually favorite herb to farm. I'll hop in vent while the guild is running mythics and w/e and talk about me farming it.
    "How many fargenshlackle does it take to rank 3?"
    "I keep falling off these ledges farming this fragglerockenfargle"
    "I can't get this fargenfoliac to gather... is this fargenfurter node bugged" And so on until they mute me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JKinTMC View Post
    are they seriously ok with shadowburn being a dps loss for destro?
    its fucking stupid
    imagine soul reaper or execute doing less damage for DKs and warriors respectively
    so retarded blizz
    Except it's not, you should not take Simulationcraft as a end all truth. There is an issue with the way it works there/mana regen. Shadowburn still pulls the best DPET by mile, it's just that in Simulationcraft warlock runs OOM trying to sustain it and RoF single target and I suspect there is an issue with mana regen formula/implementation too.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2014-11-07 at 06:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Except it's not, you should not take Simulationcraft as a end all truth. There is an issue with the way it works there/mana regen. Shadowburn still pulls the best DPET by mile, it's just that in Simulationcraft warlock runs OOM trying to sustain it and RoF single target and I suspect there is an issue with mana regen formula/implementation too.
    Not to mention there are plenty of opportunities to take advantage of it with regards to movement, along with havoc.

didnt the first post say shadowburn single target is a dps loss after the 5.4->6.0 patch notes?
    yes you can be creative and use havoc etc
    but it is our execute spell, we should use it once the boss is <20% health regardless of presence of adds or not
    why is our execute so situational (aoe cleave etc) whereas other executes do not need special conditions to be fully maximized?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    This is actually favorite herb to farm. I'll hop in vent while the guild is running mythics and w/e and talk about me farming it.
    "How many fargenshlackle does it take to rank 3?"
    "I keep falling off these ledges farming this fragglerockenfargle"
    "I can't get this fargenfoliac to gather... is this fargenfurter node bugged" And so on until they mute me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JKinTMC View Post
    didnt the first post say shadowburn single target is a dps loss after the 5.4->6.0 patch notes?
    yes you can be creative and use havoc etc
    but it is our execute spell, we should use it once the boss is <20% health regardless of presence of adds or not
    why is our execute so situational (aoe cleave etc) whereas other executes do not need special conditions to be fully maximized?
    afaik the reason why its a "dpsloss" is bcoz you replace chaos bolt with shadowburn and chaos bolt have the added advantage of allowing us to regain a HUGE chunk of mana, but once you siphon out those chaos bolts, you will spend the same amount of mana but generate less mana as you dont use your long cast ability to help generate mana.

So... I was second in line behind the cutoff for the class qa session..

Gonna try and get in there tomorrow in the general qa at 3 30.

PS. Overwatch is amazingly fun. My guildies and I must've gone through the line 5 times today to play that game.

So...once again because people seem to have some misunderstanding of how destruction works.

EMBERS ARE NOT YOUR PRIMARY RESOURCE. MANA IS.

You have a finite amount of mana from the start of a fight to the end. Haste increases regen at the same rate it decreases cast times, resulting in no effective change. The only influence on the amount of excess mana is crit, which increases ember generation, and therefore time spent not spending mana.

The sim ooms because ooming has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH DPS. NOTHING. AT. ALL.

There are two factors that influence our decisions for spending mana, damage per mana, and embers per mana.

RoF beats incinerate in both of those cases, therefore you always prioritize it over incinerate. Backdraft makes incinerate more efficient, but that doesn't matter if you never waste backdraft charges. As long as you never waste backdraft, you should always prioritize rain of fire.

If you guys really don't believe simc, here's basic algebra based on low end gear and tooltips.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...49GI_yf84/edit

No one is saying that shadowburn is complete garbage that you should never use. What I've been saying for the past 8 months is that IT IS A DPS LOSS SINGLE TARGET.

Yes, you should still use havoc shadowburn.
    Yes, you should still try to snipe adds for the refund.
    Yes, you should use it if you'll cap embers while moving.
    Yes, you should use it if you need immediate burst.
    No, you shouldn't use it single target.
    Last edited by gahddo; 2014-11-08 at 07:45 AM.
    Pleb warlock from Awakening - Mug'thol, maintains simulationcraft for warlocks.
    Email: tjc12821@gmail.com
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/gahddo
    Feel free to ask for advice.

Brusalk at Blizzcon, lol'd a bit.
    Great question, btw.

Sad that was not possible to do a class specific question.
    Last edited by JV Chequer; 2014-11-09 at 12:02 AM.

@Brusalk!

Just saw on virtual ticket your question! Wha? No lock question? Come on! (who knew you had a beard :P )
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

They said at the start that they wouldn't take any questions specifically related to classes, so I imagine that's why.

Deleted
    So it seems Method locks were running Service and Servitude tonight in the live raid for Imperator Mar'gok. They topped damage, while the solo demo lock didnt even show in the top 10.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shumjum View Post
    So it seems Method locks were running Service and Servitude tonight in the live raid for Imperator Mar'gok. They topped damage, while the solo demo lock didnt even show in the top 10.
    those 2 talents have been deemed as the best option for destro atm. not surprised that the demo lock wasnt in the top 10 but it doesnt really matter all that much, as it wasnt mythic and only dps on mythic encounters matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    @Brusalk!

Just saw on virtual ticket your question! Wha? No lock question? Come on! (who knew you had a beard :P )
    They didn't allow class questions, gg Blizzard - we are so glad that we got to hear a half dozen questions about eyebrows and hair length.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    They didn't allow class questions, gg Blizzard - we are so glad that we got to hear a half dozen questions about eyebrows and hair length.
    Blizzard does not want you to change your gender at will xd

Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    But don't you care about that lady's mana gem?

Quote Originally Posted by Shumjum View Post
    Where can we see them topping damage at? I also swear Method had a Demo Lock as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DesireKT View Post
    Where can we see them topping damage at? I also swear Method had a Demo Lock as well.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B18W_8fIgAEUnFo.jpg:large
    Stream - Armory - Instant Dollars - Twitter
    [Atroxe]: I would fuck a whale no troll.

Quote Originally Posted by DesireKT View Post
    Method was from the looks of it, running with 2 Destro locks and 1 demo..
    Midwinter was running with one demo lock..

From the picture posted the 2 destro locks from Method were top dmg on the last boss, and the demo lock was not in the top 14.. this is not the best sign for people (like my self) that had hoped to run demo with destro as my offspecc.
    Would really like to see the logs or just the dmg meter atleast from the other fights from method.. to get a rough idea of where destro and demo was sitting Dmg wise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neevs View Post
    Method was from the looks of it, running with 2 Destro locks and 1 demo..
    Midwinter was running with one demo lock..

From the picture posted the 2 destro locks from Method were top dmg on the last boss, and the demo lock was not in the top 14.. this is not the best sign for people (like my self) that had hoped to run demo with destro as my offspecc.
    Would really like to see the logs or just the dmg meter atleast from the other fights from method.. to get a rough idea of where destro and demo was sitting Dmg wise.
    It's already been said (I believe in the Demonology thread) that the Midwinter Demo lock was playing to more of a LFR standard than what is expected. Horrendously low DoT uptimes, poor talent choices, and generally bad play all round.

Similarly, on the final boss, Method ran a strategy for the add waves where they allowed the Destro locks to build resources on the packs of small adds, whilst everybody focused their attention on the 2-3 large ones. This meant they managed to do a ton more damage. I'm fairly certain a Demo lock speccing into AoE and getting such a large slice of the pie would do just as well.

What everyone wants to see are the Method logs where we can get a better picture of the overall placement of specs, however it doesn't look like those will be made public at this moment in time.