Page 58 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't see the benefit of having excess Embers from CR on Brackenspore. You are still throttled by Havoc CD, movement and how long the adds survive during your SBurn uptime.

Quote Originally Posted by weakdots View Post
    ive gotten near flamethrower levels of spore shooter dmg with cr, with serv u can get like 1/3 of what cr can do. but obv overall dmg is a lot lower when using CR
    No offense but if you are somehow doing 3x the damage on Spore Shooters with CR as compared to Serv you are playing GoSup/DemServ just horribly wrong. Ignoring the fact that overall damage DemServ just demolishes CR overall for that specific encounter but CR loses so much value due to how easy it is to cheese Shadowburns on that encounter where you are already getting tons of free embers.

Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    No offense but if you are somehow doing 3x the damage on Spore Shooters with CR as compared to Serv you are playing GoSup/DemServ just horribly wrong. Ignoring the fact that overall damage DemServ just demolishes CR overall for that specific encounter but CR loses so much value due to how easy it is to cheese Shadowburns on that encounter where you are already getting tons of free embers.
    As time passes, it's getting harder to shadowburn things in Highmaul.

Quote Originally Posted by Toastiekins View Post
    As time passes, it's getting harder to shadowburn things in Highmaul.
    Yep That encounter in particular isn't one of those cases though. Between 4 Spore Shooters (that as we go farther into farm nobody else wants to swap to), the fungus, and the big spore thing you are pretty set for shadowburns though.

Deleted
    Hm still wondering if CR in combination with the gosac buff would be a viable option for Single target in 6.1?

Quote Originally Posted by Selaiah View Post
    Hm still wondering if CR in combination with the gosac buff would be a viable option for Single target in 6.1?
    Considering it is currently about a 20% ST DPS loss and the buff is a like 10% buff or so I would say no. That mixed with the fact that I don't think CR is a very good talent when combined with our tier bonuses. CR is a talent you take when you need constant and consistent AoE...aka...when you don't have an enhancement shaman and your raid is for some reason all single-target dps.

Considering it is currently about a 20% ST DPS loss and the buff is a like 10% buff or so I would say no. That mixed with the fact that I don't think CR is a very good talent when combined with our tier bonuses. CR is a talent you take when you need constant and consistent AoE...aka...when you don't have an enhancement shaman and your raid is for some reason all single-target dps.
    That's a pretty bullshit number there. CR is about 5% behind service DS. I ran CR on progression because it's a 5% loss to patchwerk dps and allowed me to spam chaos bolts into the sporeshooters.

The 6.1 buffs just push CR ~ahead of cataclysm ST.
    Pleb warlock from Awakening - Mug'thol, maintains simulationcraft for warlocks.
    Email: tjc12821@gmail.com
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/gahddo
    Feel free to ask for advice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gahddo View Post
    That's a pretty bullshit number there. CR is about 5% behind service DS. I ran CR on progression because it's a 5% loss to patchwerk dps and allowed me to spam chaos bolts into the sporeshooters.

I'm just curious what prevented you from spamming chaos bolts into spore shooters as DServ. Even on progression I would be lucky to get 2 chaos bolts off on a single shooter, then you immediately shadowburn those embers back. It's not like the rest of that fight outside spore shooters was entirely irrelevant. In my experience CR is definitely a little more than a 5% loss (5% being roughly 1.5k dps on Butcher).

Quote Originally Posted by Furtylol View Post
    I'm just curious what prevented you from spamming chaos bolts into spore shooters as DServ. Even on progression I would be lucky to get 2 chaos bolts off on a single shooter, then you immediately shadowburn those embers back. It's not like the rest of that fight outside spore shooters was entirely irrelevant. In my experience CR is definitely a little more than a 5% loss (5% being roughly 1.5k dps on Butcher).
    Sure, in practice it's more than a 5% loss because of the low mobility. In 6.1 CR is going to be a lot more viable with the KJC buff, assuming that doesn't get nuked into the ground. I never had issues with mobility on bracken though, between kjc and port I almost never was just running around doing nothing.

When we got to bracken the entire fight *was* irrelevant outside of spore shooters. As long as we didn't hit enrage (lol), or die to a melee missing an interrupt, it was just the fact that we were melee heavy, we had some herp derps we've replaced since then, and shooters lasted too long. We also had some people poorly using guns, and no (maybe we had 1 idr) boomkins to just /afkstarfall them.

CR was clearly better for shooter damage at that point because they were alive long enough to get off multiple CBs.

Now I just run GoServ DS and let our two boomkins afk the shooters to death.

tl;dr It's not a good idea if you have a raid that's equally skilled as you, but in the case that you're playing with some shitters, it's a viable option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, in practice it's more than a 5% loss because of the low mobility. In 6.1 CR is going to be a lot more viable with the KJC buff, assuming that doesn't get nuked into the ground. I never had issues with mobility on bracken though, between kjc and port I almost never was just running around doing nothing.

When we got to bracken the entire fight *was* irrelevant outside of spore shooters. As long as we didn't hit enrage (lol), or die to a melee missing an interrupt, it was just the fact that we were melee heavy, we had some herp derps we've replaced since then, and shooters lasted too long. We also had some people poorly using guns, and no (maybe we had 1 idr) boomkins to just /afkstarfall them.

CR was clearly better for shooter damage at that point because they were alive long enough to get off multiple CBs.

tl;dr It's not a good idea if you have a raid that's equally skilled as you, but in the case that you're playing with some shitters, it's a viable option.
    I suppose that's a fair enough statement. Things don't always work out the way they should and you have to make the adjustments necessary!

Even during progression unless your raid had like 4 ranged DPS or your ranged DPS are complete scumbags you shouldn't have ever come to a point where CR overvalued DemServ on Brackenspore in particular. During week 1 progression we never got the the point where I was able to swap to adds and chain 4+ chaos bolts on an add. I got 2 Chaos Bolts off, Shadowburned, moved to the next one - rinse repeat with weaving Shadowburns on the Fungus or the other adds that the melee cleaved onto. I would love to see CR get to the point that it is a viable talent (not because I think it brings fun gameplay into effect but because I'm sick of having 1 good lv100 talent) but as it stands currently it isn't. We'll see what the 6.1 changes bring but I still can't imagine CR playing very nicely with our tier bonuses.

Also, in practice its more than 5%? cmon...What do you think I am referring to? To think that CR doesn't lose more DPS than DemServ on movement is just wrong especially if you are running GoSac (not saying you are stating the opposite, just pointing it out. The fact is that you need to stand still for ~2.5 seconds at least once every 3-5 seconds which gives it the exact same flaw that Marksman has with its mastery and makes it basically useless on a lot of the bosses we are going to encounter in this tier. CR has a unique design and may find play in specific encounters such as Beast Lord but the fact of the matter is that the talent is always going to be limited due to how strong its AoE potential is and therefore Blizzard is going to be really careful about making it have competitive Single Target damage. I view it the same way as I view enhancement shamans as a whole for the class, they bring negligible raid utility with extremely strong consistent AoE dps and average Single Target....CR turns us into a ranged enhancement shaman. =(

Even during progression unless your raid had like 4 ranged DPS or your ranged DPS are complete scumbags you shouldn't have ever come to a point where CR overvalued DemServ on Brackenspore in particular. During week 1 progression we never got the the point where I was able to swap to adds and chain 4+ chaos bolts on an add. I got 2 Chaos Bolts off, Shadowburned, moved to the next one - rinse repeat with weaving Shadowburns on the Fungus or the other adds that the melee cleaved onto. I would love to see CR get to the point that it is a viable talent (not because I think it brings fun gameplay into effect but because I'm sick of having 1 good lv100 talent) but as it stands currently it isn't. We'll see what the 6.1 changes bring but I still can't imagine CR playing very nicely with our tier bonuses.

Also, in practice its more than 5%? cmon...What do you think I am referring to? To think that CR doesn't lose more DPS than DemServ on movement is just wrong especially if you are running GoSac (not saying you are stating the opposite, just pointing it out. The fact is that you need to stand still for ~2.5 seconds at least once every 3-5 seconds which gives it the exact same flaw that Marksman has with its mastery and makes it basically useless on a lot of the bosses we are going to encounter in this tier. CR has a unique design and may find play in specific encounters such as Beast Lord but the fact of the matter is that the talent is always going to be limited due to how strong its AoE potential is and therefore Blizzard is going to be really careful about making it have competitive Single Target damage. I view it the same way as I view enhancement shamans as a whole for the class, they bring negligible raid utility with extremely strong consistent AoE dps and average Single Target....CR turns us into a ranged enhancement shaman. =(
    I guess I'm just really bad at playing demonic servitude then because my dps magically sky rocketed on shooters with charred remains.

I guess I'm just really bad at playing demonic servitude then because my dps magically sky rocketed on shooters with charred remains.
    Either that or the rest of your raid is just really bad at swapping to Shooters. You have a valid point but Charred Remains loses a LOT of value the second your other ranged stop being scumbags. I just put my pet on the big add/the boss while on passive and don't bother having it swap to the small adds with me.

Is there a BIS list anywhere for Destro????

thanks

With 4pc CR should pull ahead no?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The-loon View Post
    With 4pc CR should pull ahead no?
    as my understanding of blizzards "chance for XY" are it is a RPPM with ICD making it effectively like a weapon enchant proc

Quote Originally Posted by Eierdotter View Post
    as my understanding of blizzards "chance for XY" are it is a RPPM with ICD making it effectively like a weapon enchant proc
    I'm not aware of it having an ICD.

Is there any data showing how well Charred Remains does with the t17 4 set bonus? Seems like it might make it viable or is it still on the lower end of DPS?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there any fight in Heroic BRF anyone is currently running Destro? I tried on various fights and it really felt so much worse then Demo or even affli. I hope for some changes b/c I really liked to be able to Play it at least on some fights in Mythic HM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    Make the entire world one big raid. Everyone huddles in cities until they can find 19 other adventurers to group with. Then they gradually trash pull their way through the zone

Luke Skywalker was an angry young male from the desert, who was indoctrinated by a religious fringe member, and joined a terror plot to blow up a major military installation. Luke is a 9/11 pilot...

Quote Originally Posted by Sathnick View Post
    Is there any fight in Heroic BRF anyone is currently running Destro? I tried on various fights and it really felt so much worse then Demo or even affli. I hope for some changes b/c I really liked to be able to Play it at least on some fights in Mythic HM
    Demo is just a better spec overall in regards to Burst AoE, Sustained Single-target, and Burst Single-target to justify Destro being a legitimate contender for Heroic or Mythic BRF as it stands now. The only encounter you could justify being Destro on in my eyes in Beastlord and even on that the damage you do is pure fluff and could be just as easily handled by passive cleave from melee and abilities like HoG and Felstorm.