Thread: spell stones

spell stones

I miss having spell stones as a warlock. It was a great spell.

I still have a Spellstone and Firestone in my bank
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    yeah but you can't use them anymore. I miss all the iconic warlock spells and quests. They made the class and the game fun.

They're one of those things along with Searing Pain (the spell that everybody asks for now that nobody liked when we still had it) that seem to have some strange nostalgic hold on people.

I mean, I've still got mine in the bank and will never get rid of them, but were they really that interesting? I think people confuse "these were around during the good old days" and "these made the good old days good".

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    They're one of those things along with Searing Pain (the spell that everybody asks for now that nobody liked when we still had it) that seem to have some strange nostalgic hold on people.

I mean, I've still got mine in the bank and will never get rid of them, but were they really that interesting? I think people confuse "these were around during the good old days" and "these made the good old days good".
    There is no one right answer to that question. Value of something is subjective to each individual. What one person finds interesting and fun, another one might not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post

This pretty much...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I wish I would of created one again before they got rid of them. Those were so iconic.

Deleted
    that was real "flavour".

Yes but.... Bring the player not the class!

*sigh*

10+ Year Old Account
    Which incarnation do you miss? I mean, they went through a variety of iterations before they were finally cut so just saying 'it was a great spell' is somewhat nebulous. I can remember them being pretty useless in PvE, certainly relative to the slightly less useless Firestone before both were significantly changed in their functionality during Wrath to afford a weapon enchant where which you used would depend on spec.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2015-03-06 at 01:32 PM.