Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    i would not be surprised if the soul capacitor was going to get nerfed somehow, the heroic version represents like 20%-25% of the rogue and feral of my guild
    That's because its taking all that damage you did and counting it as one hit. Most damage meters are also double dipping by counting the absorbed damage as damage dealt, then adding the final hit to give an inflated count. Warcraftlogs gives a more accurate representation of actual damage dealt with the absorb effect, and to find the increase you just need to subract the total damage dealt by the trinket from the total damage absorbed from your abilities. From what I have seen so far it can count for an actual dps increase of 2-10% based on good or bad proc timings.

Only ~20% of the trinket's damage is actually additional damage. The rest is just from your regular attacks over the previous 10 seconds all transferred from several spells into another (which further inflates the damage breakdown).

Ok thanks for the clarification !

"Small" tip to save embarassment and hate on heroic Mannoroth:

What ever you do, do NOT use Nimble Brew to get out of Mannoroths Gaze in the final phase (Prior phases it's ok). Happened to my last night by sheer reflex and almost cost us the kill >_>

Quote Originally Posted by ruga View Post

What ever you do, do NOT use Nimble Brew to get out of Mannoroths Gaze in the final phase (Prior phases it's ok). Happened to my last night by sheer reflex and almost cost us the kill >_>
    Yes for the final bit where it drops the defiled ground this is a good rule. But in the phazes before that, it is beneficial to nimble brew out of your gaze early as long as your guild's positioning is correct and everyone is stacked up for gaze. That way you're 1 little hit goes off early instead of all 3 at the same time. It actually isn't too terribly punishing in heroic but be mindful of your raid's health before trying to be pro with this, you may kill someone who got tagged by an infernal's aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by ruga View Post

Yeah, my guild was like "wtf that void zone all over the platform"

So after playing with it some, SDI feels pretty good for CX fights. I found that the rotation felt a lot smoother pooling to 6 chi to get more out of 2p procs. It heavily cuts back on the amount of times you wind up with 2 chi and a CB:CX proc.

Anything you can do specifically to not miss BOK casts?

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oranguto View Post
    In what sense? If you never cap energy or chi then you shouldn't miss any BoK casts.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Oranguto View Post
    Stand behind the boss?
    Atrael@Turalyon Formerly- Pride/Elv@Azuremyst, Ysera, and Turalyon.

Deleted
    So reclearing bosses in hfc today with my new Soul Capacitor I am not impressed at all with this trinket. It might sim well but it is such a massive pain in the ass. When it procs at a time when nothing is in range for the explosion you effectively lose a whole 10 seconds of dps and that's all it does (which for me happened annoying frequently). I did less dps on every boss than when I was using mythic Blackhand trinket instead. I hate this trinket so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Plog View Post
    So reclearing bosses in hfc today with my new Soul Capacitor I am not impressed at all with this trinket. It might sim well but it is such a massive pain in the ass. When it procs at a time when nothing is in range for the explosion you effectively lose a whole 10 seconds of dps and that's all it does (which for me happened annoying frequently). I did less dps on every boss than when I was using mythic Blackhand trinket instead. I hate this trinket so bad.
    It also has a large chance of overkilling on fights with adds, and overkill is no longer included in damage rankings. Also some people were saying it's still bugged and doing less damage than intended. Haven't tested it myself, just went back to BHotM.

Yeah, but if it proc'd at a really good time, you're set. I did 1.8mil in one hit against kromrok last night because it proc'd while hands were up. They hands all died by the time the proc ended so all the damage was unleashed on the boss. There aren't too many fights that nothing will be in range.
    Then again, on Gorefiend, I didn't get a single proc during our lust feast of souls phase. It's hit or miss. It sounds like you may want malicious censor instead. They're really close in terms of damage.
    Atrael@Turalyon Formerly- Pride/Elv@Azuremyst, Ysera, and Turalyon.

Deleted
    Maybe I did just get outrageously unlucky yesterday. But I found several times It was wasted.

On Hellfire assault the explosion procced on waves that were basically already dead causing massive overkill.

I had to heal Iron Reaver but I can imagine plenty of times for that to go wrong. Explosion procs when he charges away, or right before air phase, overkill on bombs.

Kormrok was mostly ok but twice he jumped into one of the pools at the same time as my explosion. In fact since the trinket procs on the pull it's just perfect timing for the first explosion to do nothing wasting 10 seconds of prepotted dps.

Hellfire council was ok but I think I missed one explosion due to Gurtrogg being pulled very far away from me suddenly.

Kilrogg again is fine unless you go into the visions of death I can imagine wasted overkill on adds in there. I also recall having the trinket proc right at the end of the fight for me and didn't explode before he died which was about 8 seconds of lost dps at the end which can happen on any boss ofc.

On Gorefiend I missed an explosion having to move out with Touch of Doom and also once after being ported to the stomach and then massive overkill on mobs in the stomach or wasted in between them.

Of course all trinkets can proc at bad times when you don't get much use out of them, but the big problem with this trinket is that if it procs at a bad time you can actually lose dps since you do no damage for 10 seconds. If it sims so close to the censer on a patchwerk fight where you never have to move then there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that in reality the censer is a much better choice.

A good tweak for the capacitor would be for it to not absorb the damage but after 10 seconds to explode for 30% of the damage done in those 10 seconds. It's the same output but without the massive disadvantage you get from it proccing at crappy times.

Deleted
    I agree mostly with what you said. The trinket can be very strong, but it's extremely depending on the situation and luck. I only had a chance to test it on Iskar, and it once procced so the end of the proc was exactly when a mine exploded on my head (orb was at a melee for interrupt at the time). So the proc was completely wasted. But note that you can cancel the buff and get the explosion:
    /cancelaura Spirit Shift
    I didn't test if the damage buff works in that case.
    But it seems buggy sometime. I used it while doing dailies, and we had some huge aoe pulls. I AoE'd in the 100% crit rune for 10 seconds, and in the end there were standing only 2 elite mobs. Both got hit for only about 80k, although I did more than 1M damage during those 10 seconds.
    Looking at other agility trinkets, there are a few who are really depending on the situation. Mirror of the Blademaster can be extremely strong on AoE fights, but if the mobs get out of the AoE - which happens a lot during 20 seconds - it's not as strong. I didn't have a chance to test it yet, though, because I only got it yesterday and I had to heal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Megabloks View Post
    It also has a large chance of overkilling on fights with adds, and overkill is no longer included in damage rankings. Also some people were saying it's still bugged and doing less damage than intended. Haven't tested it myself, just went back to BHotM.
    I have the normal version, on one of my logs the damage dealt by the trinket was negative T_T. I'm really afraid to use it now... BHotM is definitely more reliant, but I hate the fact that we go over 100% MS when TS proc when it's active. I was excepting HT18 trinkets to crush the MT17 ones, but given how obnoxious MotBM and SC are, we might stick with MT17 for a while. On the good side SDI is way too good, on every situation. Can't wait to have it!

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe I did just get outrageously unlucky yesterday. But I found several times It was wasted.

On Hellfire assault the explosion procced on waves that were basically already dead causing massive overkill.

I had to heal Iron Reaver but I can imagine plenty of times for that to go wrong. Explosion procs when he charges away, or right before air phase, overkill on bombs.

Kormrok was mostly ok but twice he jumped into one of the pools at the same time as my explosion. In fact since the trinket procs on the pull it's just perfect timing for the first explosion to do nothing wasting 10 seconds of prepotted dps.

Hellfire council was ok but I think I missed one explosion due to Gurtrogg being pulled very far away from me suddenly.

Kilrogg again is fine unless you go into the visions of death I can imagine wasted overkill on adds in there. I also recall having the trinket proc right at the end of the fight for me and didn't explode before he died which was about 8 seconds of lost dps at the end which can happen on any boss ofc.

On Gorefiend I missed an explosion having to move out with Touch of Doom and also once after being ported to the stomach and then massive overkill on mobs in the stomach or wasted in between them.

Of course all trinkets can proc at bad times when you don't get much use out of them, but the big problem with this trinket is that if it procs at a bad time you can actually lose dps since you do no damage for 10 seconds. If it sims so close to the censer on a patchwerk fight where you never have to move then there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that in reality the censer is a much better choice.

A good tweak for the capacitor would be for it to not absorb the damage but after 10 seconds to explode for 30% of the damage done in those 10 seconds. It's the same output but without the massive disadvantage you get from it proccing at crappy times.
    It's crap on AoE anyways... I believe it's decent with Serenity, so mostly on Reaver, Gorefiend, Socrethar and Zakuun. But as you said, you can get screwed in every situation. It's fun to see that damage in game tho, even when you know that as soon as you're gonna look at warcraft logs reality is gonna hit you.
    Last edited by mmocffdec12f27; 2015-07-02 at 01:27 PM.

Deleted
    Haha yes. The only advantage of it so far is that everyone in my raid thinks my damage is OP when they look at skada.

Deleted
    Haha yes. The only advantage of it so far is that everyone in my raid thinks my damage is OP when they look at skada.

That seems highly unlikely.

Also, how sure are you that you used the correct method to arrive at your conclusion? For all you know it was the incorrect one and you don't even know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyvi View Post
    That seems highly unlikely.

Also, how sure are you that you used the correct method to arrive at your conclusion? For all you know it was the incorrect one and you don't even know.
    Ozzi thought it was?!? Also go away.

Deleted
    For what it's worth, if you unequip and reequip the trinket just before the pull it should still go on a 30 sec ICD unless things changed the last time I tried this. Looking at your examples, moving procs 30 secs back should help alleviate things (and be really, really good at Kromrok for hand DPS).

Combine that with the cancelaura macro from above and it's a recipe of having to listen to less of your QQ during raids. :V