Quote Originally Posted by Notter View Post
    but if i would have gone with Serenity and ST only the boss?
    how would the single target of that be compared to chix + 1 clone chix?
    Serenity isn't the worst for that fight. In terms of raw dps output, Chi Explosion will outperform Serenity assuming you keep the add w/clone up for a hefty amount of time. The way our guild does it, no one even touches the add, and we just let passive cleave kill it. More times than not we'll be transitioning into the next phase with the pre-existing add still up. We found as long as the previous add died before the new one spawned, we'd be ok.

However, if your group is focusing too much on the add, and then you're finding yourself just doing single target with Chi Explosion on boss, than Serenity might be the smarter talent choice.

I also really like Serenity as it compliments Phase 3 really well. The damage debuff you get scales exponentially the lower the boss' health gets. If you time your Serenity's right, you can get your last one off right before the boss dies and absurdly pad your meters.

If you DO chose to run Chi Explosion, you need to inform your guild that it is not the spec for single target. Assuming the two adds are stacked, you will do MORE damage to your focused target with a clone out as opposed to single target. Chi Explosion scales exponentially the more targets we can SEF (Which is why fight like Iron Maidens we can rank ~20k dps above everyone else.)

Deleted
    Is it worth using Soul Capacitor (ilvl695) over HBT (ilvl685) in ST fights? I cannot say for sure since SC if bugged atm, but it wont be affected in ST fights..(?)

but if i would have gone with Serenity and ST only the boss?
    how would the single target of that be compared to chix + 1 clone chix?
    The thing with ChiEx is that it's not a true cleave fight. Yes, you can passively get down the first add, but guilds tend to prioritize the second add, and you're required to get the third add dead before you dps the boss. It all just depends.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aidunno View Post
    Is it worth using Soul Capacitor (ilvl695) over HBT (ilvl685) in ST fights? I cannot say for sure since SC if bugged atm, but it wont be affected in ST fights..(?)
    Most of us think it's bugged, we haven't had a full confirmation on. You're probably safe using it on fights like Reaver or Zakuun for sure, depending on some fight strats, Xhul and iskar.

Okay, I lied. It was confirmed to be bugged. A hotfix is in the works, so it should be okay by tonight (I hope)
    Last edited by FayrenPickpocket; 2015-07-07 at 02:51 PM.
    Atrael@Turalyon Formerly- Pride/Elv@Azuremyst, Ysera, and Turalyon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Plog View Post
    After being pretty frustrated with my soul capacitor early on (back when you couldn't click the proc off) I've started to enjoy it a bit more. One boss where my damage still seemed to be lower than when I wasn't using it, however, was Socrethar. I've got a feeling this might be because when the soul gets shielded by the Dominator the explosion still tries to cleave on to him and half the damage is effectively lost. Does anyone know if this is how the soul capacitor explosion works on immune targets?
    It could be the case that this fight isn't great for the soul capacitor since ideally you want to burst the Dominator's down.
    I had the same experience in the beginning of the ID, so i switched trinkets for that fight. Overall numbers and dominator damage were a lot worse with the Soul Capacitor, most likely because it loses half of its damage to the boss, or even casteradds which come in range at the time it explodes.
    For everything else, it seems like a hit or miss thing. E.g. I generally had bad procs during Gorefiend nh, and not one during his first high-damage-phase this week. In the second one I had a proc just at the end, which probably killed me: I don't know if the boss has a aggro reset after this phase, but somehow he decided to punch me in the face right after a 1.5M proc at the end of it.

But afaik it should be fixed, so it doesn't hit corpses anymore. At least they hotfixed the trinket sometime this week, I'm not sure if that's the specific bug they addressed. The wording in the blue post leaves room for interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by Foncy View Post
    (Which is why fight like Iron Maidens we can rank ~20k dps above everyone else.)
    We were really strong on that fight, but 20k above everyone else isn't true. For example, fire mages were on par with WW on that fight, and could pull even higher numbers in high end gear / with a little procluck. E.g. the 20 highest parses were all fire mages.
    Last edited by mmoc48c29aaf6e; 2015-07-07 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsta View Post
    We were really strong on that fight, but 20k above everyone else isn't true. For example, fire mages were on par with WW on that fight, and could pull even higher numbers in high end gear / with a little procluck. E.g. the 20 highest parses were all fire mages.
    RNGesus had to be heavily on your side as a fire mage in order to pull that off. Windwalker could consistently pull the numbers.

Deleted
    Is there BiS list for WW in HFC? and im looking for "best" talent picks in there too...?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FayrenPickpocket View Post

Okay, I lied. It was confirmed to be bugged. A hotfix is in the works, so it should be okay by tonight (I hope)
    Where did you see this?

Deleted
    So, my guild is now progressing on Heroic Tyrant Valhari (so far, manged to get to P3, but instantly died).
    And i'm using Chix and chi-burst.

on P1, i put a clone on add, and just cleave with chix.
    but what should i be doing on P2?
    my guild wants to ignore the add and only interrupt it and nuke the boss, but i told them i should be cleaving with chix.
    but they are not happy about it.

what is the correct thing to do? keep cleaving, or switching to serenity and focus boss only on P2?
    Correct thing to do is to play ChiBurst/Xuen/ChiEx, SEF the add and cleave. WW excel on those kind of situation : 2-3 target sustained cleave, so make sure your RL understand that. If he don't want YOU to use SEF (which is stupid), go ST (ZS/Serenity).

Yes it is. Keep in mind that SC is more rng reliant than your regular proc based trinket, bad luck can cause you a 10s dps loss, and rngeezus can transform you into a god (ToD during spirit shift, TS+ring+weapon proc, 5 proc in a row during pot/BL etc)

Is there BiS list for WW in HFC? and im looking for "best" talent picks in there too...?
    You can check my spreadsheet, or if you want more technical information Hinalover posted stuff on ChiBurst.

Quote Originally Posted by Plog View Post
    Where did you see this?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...3984631?page=5 Second to last one.
    Atrael@Turalyon Formerly- Pride/Elv@Azuremyst, Ysera, and Turalyon.

I've seen some conflicting info on 2H weapon enchants for this tier. What is everyone going with?

15+ Year Old Account
    What's the buff for the 2pc called?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...skJzk/pubhtml# by Hebihime, a few pages back Hinalover also posted his BiS list.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    What's the buff for the 2pc called?
    It doesn't have any special buff, it just allows Rising Sun Kick to proc Combo Breaker: BoK/TP, just like Jab.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Have any1 tested SC yet? Atleast they say there've been hotfix for it but cant confirm is it for this issue or again some pvp thing...

10+ Year Old Account
    Just wanted to reply to the Tanaan Jungle question. Use chi burst, chiex build and just destroy shit. Use this as a chance to have a bodyguard up. You can pulla lot and get shit to die.

I didn't see much problems in tanaan jungle but mostly cos we usually do dailys in groups of 3-5 with pals, rush them down, so I switch to Brew master when we need to pull a lot of things or stay WW when my blood DK pals are there.
    However, I did rush tanaan early on during release to get there before it was too crouded, and allthough everything dealt like 0 damage, I gotta admit pulling large groups of adds in Kil Jeaden Throne did hurt a bit. Either find a group (group finder being extended to other languages will help you in that) where you can go ham with a healer or a tank, or just solo stuff with chi burst/chi ex and healing elixirs. ToD is so strong for this kind of content (allthough its way weaker than it is during leveling and such).

Anyone have a strong preference for T75 defensive talents for Mythic Kormrok? Not sure if Dampen Harm might be better for Pounding mitigation while still allowing decent rune soaks, or if I should just run Diffuse for the Fel Outpouring.

So, my guild is now progressing on Heroic Tyrant Valhari (so far, manged to get to P3, but instantly died).
    And i'm using Chix and chi-burst.

on P1, i put a clone on add, and just cleave with chix.
    but what should i be doing on P2?
    my guild wants to ignore the add and only interrupt it and nuke the boss, but i told them i should be cleaving with chix.
    but they are not happy about it.

what is the correct thing to do? keep cleaving, or switching to serenity and focus boss only on P2?
    Well, I wrote something about that a while back.
    Basically, if you're using ChiExplosion on two targets, about 55% of your damage consists in Fists of Fury, ChiExplosion and Chi burst. Those at least "meteore", aka they deal 100% of their damage to the main target and 50% to the next target. This means, if you're canceling clones and focusing on one target, you'll still deal about 18% of your damage to your secondary target.

This means: if you have a clone up on the add, you'll lose 30% of your single target damage, droping to 70% of 82%, but your clone will cleave for 18% of his own damage, making up for that.
    What this means is: having a clone up doesn't cost you 30% of your single target damage, but rather 14% of your single target damage. Considering how much of a damage increase SEF is (+40% all time), I do believe it's allways worth it to have SEF up on the add. If you don't want that, and tell WW's to cancel SEF, then... Don't bring WW's. Killing the add a bit earlier will relieve a LOT of pressure from the tanks (believe me, I've been there, Heroic Velahri does hurt a bit P2, even tanking the add is some pressure I could live without.)

TL;DR: Keeeeeep cleaving. Serenity is decent on this fight even with SEF up, specially when your raid bursts down the add.

For arenas (where I have the choice of weapon purchase), do I go dual wield or staff? Is there even a significant difference?

Hey for any monks that have killed Killrog on mythic - How were you dealing with this fight in general? Are you moving out of his bladestorm and your healers are dealing with it, are you running out for every one, popping a personal? Just curious for next week, thanks .