Monks are on the lower end of logs cause we ain't that good at cheesing the Deeps. But we are doing decent at least from my experience. We not good, but we are usable and can compete on the Metres. But i wonder if Blizzard gonna do another "huge" balance patch soon when more people have their legendary ring. It seems like some classes benefit so much more than others making the balance kinda fucked up again.

Also the higher the difficulty the better monks gets due to more and longer living SEF targets =)

Does the old Fruit Basket trick work with Chi Wave? And if so is the timing of one second before pull still the same or does it change because it tends to float moreso than most projectiles?

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bushes View Post
    Does the old Fruit Basket trick work with Chi Wave?
    Going to have to explain the "old Fruit Basket trick" for most of us.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Nevermind..
    Last edited by Raidenwins; 2015-07-30 at 09:54 PM.

So I have been playing around with using Chi Burst for most fights in tandem with Soul Cap procs. I've been seeing good results out of it on single target as well in my heroic clear this week. Has anyone else tried it with Soul Cap to see if its worth using over Zen Sphere for the reliable burst of damage to add to soul cap?

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Going to have to explain the "old Fruit Basket trick" for most of us.
    I think he means double proccing trinkets on pull. Fruit basket aggros the boss without being an offensive spell, so it was known to proc trinkets, then the boss would reset your RPPM on pull and you'd get procs twice by casting something like chi wave on the boss. I've never looked too much into it though.

As for Serenity/Ring usage:
    was discussing this matter with Bastian yesterday. On some fights it comes naturally. For instance on gorefiend there is no question to be asked about it:
    Serenity at 0:08, 2:08, 3:38 and 5:08 and ring at 0:00, 2:00 and 5:00. You get to fit an extra serenity between the feasts of souls, but overall - having to line up CD's during feast of souls makes it easier to line up serenity and ring.
    Overall, I think its worth it to delay strong CD's for ring. Ring is not a 25% increase. Its 25% (with no upgrades), then a ray dealing 25% of the damage you dealt during 15 seconds, aka 25% of the 125% damage you dealt. So the damage increase you get during ring is 56% for 15 seconds with no ring upgrades. This is insane.
    Plus, as we've been saying a lot, we're allready stacking CD's on ring. Aka, we do not have infinite TeB, we have two agility potions, one blood lust. If you reach your serenity and feel like you don't have enough TeB yet, I'd delay it by 30 seconds rather than by 10 seconds.
    However, serenity is also strong because its an increase in TeB generation, so we don't really wanna miss out on casts. In a fight with two rings and 3 serenitys, both will line up for first cast, then you can either have 2 serenitys or a single one with ring up. I'd say go for 3 serenitys in this case. If its near the end of a fight and its your last serenity, I'd say wait for your last ring activation to line everything up with last potion and last xuen.
    Its sad BHotM has such high diminishing returns, would've been great to have a two minutes active as a backup.

Does anyone know if you get a damage buff when you get focused by Gurtogg Bloodboil in Hellfire High Council?

Quote Originally Posted by Sileh View Post
    Does anyone know if you get a damage buff when you get focused by Gurtogg Bloodboil in Hellfire High Council?
    Oh yes you pray you get Fel rage :P I believe it doubles your damage done.

Quote Originally Posted by Mannic View Post
    Tssk, and here I thought my 97% parse on HFC wasn't completely useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Mannic View Post
    It actually triples your damage. 200% increase. It's pretty insane.

Deleted
    I just saw logs of some guy who plays Chiexplosion on Zakuun and seems do to a lot of damage with it. Is there a specific item level to use this effectively or can you just do it with the archimonde trinket on hc or higher? IMO it's very interesting and I would like to try it but since I don't know when it's actually effective I'm not sure.
    Link to the log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&fight=50
    he also played chi explo on every other fight

Deleted
    4set + SDI + 2x Warsong + some haste on gear should be fine. I really despise Serenity in HFC. It's really boring to play and it get's delayed way too much on most of the fights , because of specific pushes/stops to avoid stupid overlaps.
    Last edited by mmoc918bec3ce7; 2015-07-31 at 07:16 PM.

Deleted
    ah k ty im going to try that next reset

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rait View Post
    4set + SDI + 2x Warsong + some haste on gear should be fine. I really despise Serenity in HFC. It's really boring to play and it get's delayed way too much on most of the fights , because of specific pushes/stops to avoid stupid overlaps.
    Feel exactly the same about Serenity, just always thought the difference was too big so never even gave ChiEx a try on some of these bosses. Can't wait for the blogpost u mentioned in the other thread. Also, do u have any footage of ur kills or do u plan on streaming anything now that u're on farm?

Deleted
    I don't have any footage but I may stream some farm in the future.

Sorry for the delay of this post, I can confirm that the Fruit Basket trick does work with monks to at least double proc Malicious Censer at the start of the fight. I don't have the trinket myself to test it, but I'm pretty sure that it will not work with Soul Capacitor due to it requiring a melee attack to proc it. I couldn't get it to work with Meaty Dragonspine Trophy or Humming Blackiron Trigger either.

Macro used:
    /use Draenic Agility Potion
    /use Fruit Basket
    /cast Expel Harm

The Expel Harm is what is used to proc the trinket before the boss is aggroed to the raid, this can obviously make starting with 5 (or 6) Chi even more of a pain in the ass than it already is if you don't have control over the pull timer.

Fairly simple to pull off though.
    1) Stand at ~30 yards from the target.
    2) At 1 second on the pull timer, hit the macro.

Be careful not to hit the macro early, as the Fruit Basket WILL aggro the boss for the raid when it makes contact. It has roughly a 1 second travel time at 30 yards.

In the case of someone else engaging the boss slightly early, this may not work due to him already being in combat with the raid.

Edit: Would this make Censer better than MotBM/SC/BHotM for any fight this tier?
    Last edited by bushes; 2015-08-01 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadli View Post
    I just saw logs of some guy who plays Chiexplosion on Zakuun and seems do to a lot of damage with it. Is there a specific item level to use this effectively or can you just do it with the archimonde trinket on hc or higher? IMO it's very interesting and I would like to try it but since I don't know when it's actually effective I'm not sure.
    he also played chi explo on every other fight
    Had to make an account for this post, look at the fight duration, thats the only way chiex would work on single target, he had good RNG with soul cap procs and chiex has more teb uptime so he had 100% teb uptime during his soul cap procs, and since the fight was 3 minutes long the boss died when he started goin doin in dps.

Deleted
    That's not true and it would be obvious if you actually ever done that fight with different talent choices, 3:35 kill timer may be close to the worst possible one for getting ranks.
    1. You are wasting good chunk of Xuen damage.
    2. You only have 2 rings usages compared to 3 that you can get with more standard 4.25-4.45 kill timers.
    3. 18% uptime on soul cap is mediocre at best especially with one back to back proc (not getting FoF in), no proc sub 10% for ToD amplification and proc pull being underwhelming for ChiExp compared to serenity. Thats nowhere near typical high rank rng. Tbh Mirrors would gain me more damage on that pull. (Soul Cap net gain was ~900k, quadruple usage of mirrors would be around 1.1-1.2M or more)
    4. Mark of Warsong uptime is really low (34% compared to standard 45-55%)
    5. Fight length has close to no impact on ChiExp on single target , since you can maintain close to 100% effective TeB uptime no matter what. There is no dps cd there, so apart from timers with FoF and/or Xuen on maximum downtime , dps is basically steady.

I am yet to see Serenity beating ChiExp in HFC on consistent basis (aka excluding 30% soul cap uptimes). You can play ChiExp on single target and achiev better/same DPS as you would with Serenity without having to endure whack-a-mole playstyle.
    Last edited by mmoc918bec3ce7; 2015-08-01 at 01:50 AM.

so i'm upcoming onto fel lord next week, you think it's a honestly better to switch to 2 730 1h's and run chiex every fight?

what is your priority like in a fight?

very impressive numbers for sure

Deleted
    It's not better overall but viable, I like to compare it to mages playing fire in brf on single target.
    The set bonuses and SDI benefit Chi Explosion playstyle much better than serenity, just for the raw chi you gain.
    If you, let's say get 3 combo breakers in a row with serenity, you won't be able to use them without capping energy or wasting a potential combo breaker by jabbing another time. Overall, ChiEx is the potentially higher single target spec if you get good rng with your combo breakers.
    If you dont like serenity playstyle go for it, but you need gear (SDI+4p) + quite a lot of haste and double haste enchants to make it work.