Is the mirror of the blademaster change to guardian status going to affect us? Will it cause them to scale with damage and TEB?
    Atrael@Turalyon Formerly- Pride/Elv@Azuremyst, Ysera, and Turalyon.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FayrenPickpocket View Post
    Is the mirror of the blademaster change to guardian status going to affect us? Will it cause them to scale with damage and TEB?
    Guardians, like Xuen, don't get increases from % damage increases, just stats.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Guardians, like Xuen, don't get increases from % damage increases, just stats.
    So, is the change a nerf to the trinket? Why did they choose to change it.

is there any good weakaura's for WW's out there?

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, is the change a nerf to the trinket? Why did they choose to change it.
    To my knowledge they acted as guardians anyway, don't think this is a change.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

all I know is that the quote from the patch notes says "summon magical blades as guardians, instead of mirror images of the caster." So I'm not really sure what to make of it.

I suspect it's a change to make less melee clutter and nothing more than that.

I'm a bit bummed about the SEF changes. The ability wasn't always the easiest thing to use on fights with lots of add waves (Xhul). But what really made SEF for me was that it allowed monks attack things other melee couldnt/have time to get to. Like Infernals on Mann and Shadowcallers on Soc. Other melee can cleave/aoe bunched up groups with (Bladestorm, Bladeflurry, Howling Blast....) Some of those weren't doing the damage that SEF cleave could do, but thats just number balancing. SEF niche was putting extra dmg on targets that it didnt make sense for melee to run out to.

As for the other changes, they do look interesting. Weaving all your abilities to avoid using them twice in a row could be fun. But it would be nice if mastery also increased your chance for a combo breaker. Just to mix it up a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by jtveclipse View Post
    Weaving all your abilities to avoid using them twice in a row could be fun. But it would be nice if mastery also increased your chance for a combo breaker.
    Irony.. FoF and RSK have CDs, you can't use either of those twice in a row, and unless you have virtually 100 energy, which will only happen on the pull, you can only possibly use BoK twice in a row. And why would you do that? Because RSK and FoF are on CD, you've just TP'd and need to dump your Chi but you can't because you have a Combo Breaker proc. This mastery plus a higher Combo Breaker can only screw you over. It'd probably be a dps loss with the exciting, "new and innovative" talent choices such as; "more damage". As the current changes stand, if you are a good ww monk and use FoF and RSK when you can, it's very difficult to get two spells in a row, unless the game chooses for you. The new ww monk seems very much akin to wrath ret pally using clcret with blade flurry, but maybe that's what you meant; fun?

Deleted
    all I know is that the quote from the patch notes says "summon magical blades as guardians, instead of mirror images of the caster." So I'm not really sure what to make of it.
    That's simple, try using some transformation toy, get some size increase and use the trinket... (my favourite is either the chimp from northrend or the big fire elemental from midsummer)
    And now get 3-4 hunters, some enh shammys and one WW monk and use all the trinkets at once.

Quote Originally Posted by pandanaconda View Post
    About SEF, cmon don't pretend it was fine for newcommers. I bet 99% of the players complaining about it being changed have misconception about SEF (starting with me.)
    Reading the tooltip is confusing, but its also misleading.
    I understand why was SEF a bad ability, but is there a reason to make it piss-easy to use? You know, all SEF needed was
    1, transfer your buffs (tp, TEB)
    2, write proper tooltip
    3, moving when FoF
    4, and make that if you attack your SEF target, you automaticly cancel SEF(as a precausion to noobs using it on single target)
    5, and maybe some clever tracking too i guess

This just makes us worse combat rogues, or worse arms warrior - not being able to cleave ranged adds really sucks, that was once thing that I found really great about WW ( you know, having the highest dmg on Beastlord's spears, or Xhulhorac's void steppers - you can just show casters how useless they are in the raid )

Quote Originally Posted by Ustabil View Post
    I have a feeling Windwalkers will feel like a whole new class. Some people will love the new windwalker and maybe main it, while some WW mains might change since they feel the reason they mained it is no longer there.
    To be honest, WW felt completly different coming from MoP to WoD (I hated WW in MoP, but loved it in WoD)

Quote Originally Posted by er1111 View Post
    Simplifying things is fine and dandy, especially with regards to clarification, but I cannot be the only one that feels attracted to the spec because of its complexity. When I see myself ahead of other WWs I know its because I took the time and put the effort in to learn the class to its fullest, all the in's and out's, and because of that time spent I am rewarded. If I don't feel like I can be constantly improving I'll lose interest very quickly. The nice thing about WW is that I know every pull that I made some minor mistake that can be corrected if I'm willing to put the effort in to correct it, and for it I will be rewarded.
    And this, this is the class fantasy - being the hardest and most complex melee class, that's what I love about WW.

According to some of my guildies it might be because Blademaster trinkets make people lag in 5mans somehow, so not a change in terms of how it does damage-wise.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    According to some of my guildies it might be because Blademaster trinkets make people lag in 5mans somehow, so not a change in terms of how it does damage-wise.
    Did a 5 man mythic the other day and can confirm 4 people using them was making me lag : / but somehow its never been a problem in raid

Quote Originally Posted by Imbalanced View Post
    Did a 5 man mythic the other day and can confirm 4 people using them was making me lag : / but somehow its never been a problem in raid
    In raids only your own spinny dudes actually spin, in 5mans all of them spin. So apparently it's the spelleffect that causes the lag rather than the combat log entries, which is a bit odd.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    In raids only your own spinny dudes actually spin
    Aha, so that's the reason. I was wondering why there are some stuck clones - I can't really tell mine from the others.

So one question, if there is one add, can you toggle and one go to the add that's up and the other just not do anything? Since it doesn't affect main damage wouldn't matter if a random clone was out doing nothing. I'm sure they can make it so that it goes to either one or two adds.. but we'll see

Deleted
    -Split into 3 elemental spirits, suited to attacking 3 or more enemies. Each spirit deals 50% of normal damage and healing.
    -The Monk directly controls the Storm spirit, while Earth and Fire spirits mimic the Monk's attacks on different nearby enemies.
    -Lasts until toggled off, or either Earth or Fire are destroyed.
    via class preview.

From reading it, you are one of the spirits so it would mean you would do 50% to your main target and one of the spirits would do 50% to the add, other would just stand there doing nothing so you gain no dps and basically split your dmg in half (compared to current 70%-70% =~140% on live), correct me if I am reading that wrong but the writeup seems pretty straightforward.
    Last edited by mmoc918bec3ce7; 2015-11-14 at 11:19 PM.

Ok so a question here is my armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ethosmv/simple I'm looking to get DW weapons for main add fights and Chi exp. I have a haste set that gets me up to about 17% haste now. I see some with DW have 1 warsong 1 thunderlord and some with 2 warsong,,, which would be the best bet? Or would it be best to go with the 1 each and just keep DW since only a 1-2% diff in it and 2h? I'm curious as to what those of you in Mythic and DW think.
    Thanks in advance

Deleted
    Just go for ilvl, if you want dw specific for ChiX get double warsong, no point in running thunderlord for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rait View Post
    Just go for ilvl, if you want dw specific for ChiX get double warsong, no point in running thunderlord for it.
    Thanks Rait that is what I was looking to find out.

10+ Year Old Account
    we popped 4 of those bad boys during challenge modes and some of our computers had a significant fps drop. I'm pretty sure this is just a visual improvement.