Quote Originally Posted by Mcbears View Post
    Hello i am fairly new to ww monk as i have been tanking for years.

My question is if specd chi explo do i just keep up rsk buff and then use chi explo at 4 chi. Or do i keep using rsk on cd.

And also if using chi explo, say im on a multi target fight but at time being only 1 target is up how many chi explo do i use?

Thanks for the help.
    https://walkingthewinds.wordpress.co...dwalker-guide/

Read this. It'll help a lot.

Just wondering how does ww dps rank amongst other classes, and in particular how do they compare to ret paladin? Looking for an alt to play and their play style is pretty decent for my tastes so I want to base my choice on who has the better dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Just wondering how does ww dps rank amongst other classes, and in particular how do they compare to ret paladin? Looking for an alt to play and their play style is pretty decent for my tastes so I want to base my choice on who has the better dps.
    WW doesn't scale up well with twice upgraded gear and 795 legend ring, so at this point in the game, you would be much usefull with choosing ret.
    On the other, if you don't care as much about competing with other players, you will be just fine. WW isn't bad gamage wise, it's just not nearly as good as other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    WW doesn't scale up well with twice upgraded gear and 795 legend ring, so at this point in the game, you would be much usefull with choosing ret.
    On the other, if you don't care as much about competing with other players, you will be just fine. WW isn't bad gamage wise, it's just not nearly as good as other classes.
    I woulda thought ww scales better tbh with having frequent access to Tiger eye brew. Even more frequent access while running chi explosion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still not enough. I believe the problem lies in the base damage, which tigereye brew is supposed to make it up for.

I woulda thought ww scales better tbh with having frequent access to Tiger eye brew. Even more frequent access while running chi explosion.
    More TeB doesn't convert into the same amount of increased damage beyond a certain point. At some point you can cover every important proc/ability in TeB and anything past that barely matters. And for ChiEx you already have tons of TeB stacks.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    It scales fine, yes, you got a lot more TEB, so much in fact, that you can maintain 90% TEB usage, but the problem is WW doesn't scale as good as other classes when it comes to stats. All stats (expcet mastery) are pretty mediocre for WW, so having a load of any stat isn't particulary amazing.

Also, WW is really good at longer fights and at cleaving adds that won't die in the next 10 seconds. The longer adds live, the bigger dps WW will acomplish. Other classes usually prefer shorter fights, because they have stronger offensive cooldowns, so they got big burst on pull and then their dps lowers until the end of fight. WW starts in the middle and because his burst isn't as noticeable, his dps doesn't drop.
    Bigger group ilvl means shorter fights, adds die faster and stats are more in favour of other classes. So WW scales nice, but nowhere near as nice as any other class.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/8

Just put your main level of raiding in there and it will tell you. Take it with a grain of salt, but it works well enough.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

For Archi-M, burn p1 strat, I should be using Serenity/Xuen/Chi Burst or just go standard cleave anyway?
    What trinket should I use? I don't have SoulCap, by the way.

EDIT: Also, one of my FelLordFists has a socket. Should I switch to MannoPole anyway for ST, or I should keep using FelLordFists? I also have a XhulMace, no sockets/wf though.
    Last edited by Kirne; 2016-03-12 at 10:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirne View Post
    For Archi-M, burn p1 strat, I should be using Serenity/Xuen/Chi Burst or just go standard cleave anyway?

EDIT: Also, one of my FelLordFists has a socket. Should I switch to MannoPole anyway for ST, or I should keep using FelLordFists? I also have a XhulMace, no sockets/wf though.
    If your guild can needs your DPS at the start and not much at the end then go Serenity. If your child can get by without your mediocre burst then CX will be more dps over the whole fight.

If everything is the same ilvl, then use the 1H with the sockets

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    If your guild can needs your DPS at the start and not much at the end then go Serenity. If your child can get by without your mediocre burst then CX will be more dps over the whole fight.

Here's something a bit more difficult I think. Socketed Mannoroth Polearm versus dual Xhul maces, one socketed? Do the double enchants make up for not being two-handers? Speaking for single target. Sims indicated the polearm but that seems... weird, since it has mastery and such.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viridiancity View Post
    Here's something a bit more difficult I think. Socketed Mannoroth Polearm versus dual Xhul maces, one socketed? Do the double enchants make up for not being two-handers? Speaking for single target. Sims indicated the polearm but that seems... weird, since it has mastery and such.
    2H pulls slightly ahead of DW if everything is equal. Since they both get the same stats from the sockets then its just like they're not there so the polearm will be slightly ahead.

If your guild can needs your DPS at the start and not much at the end then go Serenity. If your guild can get by without your mediocre burst then CX will be more dps over the whole fight.

When your child cannot get by with your mediocre burst does it mean you failed as a parent?
    Last edited by Babylonius; 2016-03-13 at 02:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conjugate View Post
    When your child cannot get by with your mediocre burst does it mean you failed as a parent?
    Damn, I knew auto correct made the first one, missed the second. Apparently, when you're having a baby in a few weeks, your phone thinks you're always talking about babies.

Apparently, when you're having a baby in a few weeks, your phone thinks you're always talking about babies.

I'm very curious what this was an autocorrect from. #toometa

Quote Originally Posted by Kirne View Post

I'm pretty certain your burst without soul capacitor is going to be abysmal. If you wanna do archi I strongly recommend getting it asap. Every agility class uses it for the 1 doomfire strat.

Rushing Jade Wind or Spinning Crane Kick for PVE??

Which does more damage for aoe?

I want to guess Spinning Crane Kick but I'm not sure since I don't pve.

Quote Originally Posted by chaarrllee3000 View Post
    Rushing Jade Wind or Spinning Crane Kick for PVE??

Which does more damage for aoe?

I want to guess Spinning Crane Kick but I'm not sure since I don't pve.
    Depends on what kind of AoE you need. Short burst AoE means spinning crane kick. Longer, sustained AoE means RJW.
    Atrael@Turalyon Formerly- Pride/Elv@Azuremyst, Ysera, and Turalyon.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey everyone!

Just got back into monking and had a question about opener
    Originally I thought the first FoF came at the end of the Serenity for the 3 chi refund, but I saw reading the guide that FoF is popped prior to Serenity, is this bc of the SoulCap trinket or?

My Single target opener since SoO was always :
    Start with 4+ Chi
    Flying Serpent + Chi Wave
    TP + RSK
    ChiBrew
    BoK
    ChiBrew
    TeB + Serenity
    BoK spam just prior to Serenity dropping
    FoF
    continue Normal Rotation/Priority

just trying to understand the overall difference

Thanks in advance for the help
    Last edited by Darthcanibal; 2016-03-21 at 10:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Put RSK before TP for chance at proc and put FoF between TEB and Serenity. This helps you get your hardest hitting ability on car right away and slightly decreases the time you spend energy capped. If you hold FoF for 10s you're very likely to miss a cast by the end of the fight.