Page 29 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axxtross View Post
    Thanks a lot for taking the time to look at it, Axxym.

Looking at it like that it makes sense that I would be underperforming. My main concern however is that there is not really a time (besides petrifying slam) that I don´t do anything. So if I´m always casting spells, albeit non-optimal ones, how would I be able to get off that many more spells during, say our kill time. Is there anything besides the obvious "add more haste" that I could do to achieve this? Or does this simply come down to him managing Conf and Backdraft better?

Thanks again!
    I had to edit my original post a bit because I had your parse zoomed in to 4:53 to compare the 2 fight times - so I missed a bunch of spells you had hit with. Really sorry about that. So all in all, there wasn't as much disparity as I originally noted, but still a bit of a difference. The few things that really stick out to me though are the differences in the power of his spells - like the average SB and CB damage. That basically comes from his gear and from casting them during procs. The reason he casts more during procs is because his fight length is shorter and he was a bit luckier than you with Howling Soul (i.e. His proc'd 9 times in 1:23 less time but it results in having a 30% uptime compared to your 21%).

Treat SB with the same rules as you would apply to CB - cast it buffed by procs or when you're capping on embers. Definitely use Chaos Bolt still if your 4 set procs.

As Spikey said, maybe the BMC HC trinket might give you another proc to play with since the haste trinket isn't doing much for Destro and it seems to be confusing you with that same stupid icon - I know the feels.

Hey all I was hoping I could get some good advise on my demo play. My first expansion with this main and having a hard time to say the least. I feel I get the general guidelines of Demo just need to get the finer points to put me over the top. Here is our first 5 pulls from yesterday Mythic raids. I went Destro a few times just to get a feel.

Warcraft Logs -- /reports/JarcV4BXHxLAb8fN
    Armory -- us.battle dot net/wow/en/character/stonemaul/Erthelmi/advanced

Few things I noticed after was that I was running with Dark Soul glyph which I know is a no-no (Atleast not when not using DB). My corruption and doom are ok I can improve. I think I'm casting to many HoG and not as many CW on the adds. On the Beastlord I tried to dot up the spears as much as possible. I haven't looked but will see if I can figure it out when I get home, if I lined up my procs well enough. I know to try and do DS when you enter Meta. Trying to improve for our Thogar pulls. I know the mechanics of the fight so I can stay alive (most of the time) but I need to pull more weight. With vids like Furty and DravenCarey I know I can do much better than I am right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Axxtross View Post
    I always strive to pre-cast incinerate but on this occasion I might have failed. We had some issues with ppl pulling early so I might have held on to the pre-cast too long. Will put more emphasis on getting that off correctly.

I do aim to sync DS with the GSR procc however I might be using it on the haste procc to often, atm they use same icons in my WA setup. For DS I usually pop it when I´m close to 4 embers, empty those (without capping conf ofc) and then CB as soon as I have the bits for it. Should I maybe not wait for 4 embers but instead pop it on GSR procc?

What do you mean by the haste trinket letting me down? Aim to replace it with a procc that could have a more direct effect? My problem atm is that my guild isn´t really close to BH on M so I´m not entirely sure which trinket I should replace it with.

Refreshing immolate too early to be on the safe side is definitely something I need to work on, good point. And for higher movement fights I´ll focus more on saving confs for planned movement. Currently I am not doing that.

I´ve been rather restrictive in using SBs on targets that were not close to dying to the fact that CBs do more damage but you are right, I should strive to use SB more towards the end of DS or procc to get more dmg out.

Those were all very good pointers and I look forward to testing it. Thanks for taking the time, Spikey .
    Thanks for the reply Axxtross. So yeah I wrote a bit more about the SB/CB thing above. I am curious of your results.

Yeah I get the pain of trying to do a pre-cast correctly. Our tanks are so irregular with their pulls! It's nice to do of course but not essential and not to the detriment of the rest of the raid.

I would suggest if they have the same WA icons then change one? I use Ability_Creature_Poison_06 for DuT and inv_misc_trinket6oih_lanterna2 for GSR if that helps or just find an image that you can associate with each one.

As to your question about whether to wait for GSR or get to full embers. I'll be totally honest and say that I do not know! Perhaps if you post in the Destro thread one of the experts will be able to help and I actually would like to know as well. I guess a lot depends on fight lengths and if there is a nuke phase and so on rather than being one answer fits all.

Yeah what I meant by the haste trinket letting you down is that you do not have a second trinket to dump CBs on so a lot more will be unbuffed than someone who has BMC. However, I appreciate that you do not have a choice in this.

Hope the pointers helped. Sorry I couldn't say more but I am pretty new to CR Destro myself and still have a lot to learn. Good luck!

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Erthelmi,

I haven't reached Thogar yet and I see it is still progress for you. If it is similar to heroic then certain adds like the Man At Arms, Firemender and and the Cannon dude must take priority right? Your damage on these compared to other ranged classes is pretty poor. Forget overall DPS (unless you have been told to be "scumbagging" by your RLs) and start focusing on these a little more (or are you already?) If you are then then are you preparing adequately with resources for their spawn? Other than that hopefully someone else can who has done the fight can help you more directly.

Same for Beastlord though that seems to more farm for you though you still wiped twice. This fight and the like (unless you have a strange set up with no passive cleave or AoE padders) should never be about overall damage. It's all about the mounts and then Beastlord. I play DemServ there and I have always been second or first on boss damage (as my fellow raiders like to pad).

However, when it is safely farm then pad away. It is a different mindset to get overall highest damage. Then you will be wanting glyphed DS and use with Cata in caster on the adds as often as possible (your DS and Cata were all over the place). On your kill you only had 7 Catas in almost 10 minutes. Be banking CWs for the adds and in between building fury for the next spawn. You don't want to be capped on stacks but you do want CWx3 + 4 set procs on every add spawn ideally. Then any more is a choice of HoG/CW depending on your fury levels and your current procs (see the Summonstone for more info on well everything!).

With Cata you want GoSyn (and to be aware that you had a lack of Goserv casts). Remember to switch from SBs in execute phase. Pretty much everything I have said here also applies to Flamebender (more Catas and CWs!) except you will probably want to unglyph Ds so you have 20 seconds of nuking on the wolves.

So with 6.2 on the horizon everything is a bit up in the air. Have you decided what specs you are going forward with yet? I haven't actually but I have been practising with them all. Having looked through quite a few of your logs I would really suggest to learn how to play a spec from the ground up. Forgot overall damage and start getting the basics like resource management and your ST rotation really strong. Once you have that then you can build on with Cata/Havoc/Multidotting and the like. Feel free to post more logs again (hopefully someone will still help you more with your Thogar) but a ST parse in any spec (with unglyphed DS) may help identify the underlining issues more easily.

Good luck.
    Last edited by SpikeySquad; 2015-06-11 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    Hi Erthelmi,

I haven't reached Thogar yet and I see it is still progress for you. If it is similar to heroic then certain adds like the Man At Arms, Firemender and and the Cannon dude must take priority right? Your damage on these compared to other ranged classes is pretty poor. Forget overall DPS (unless you have been told to be "scumbagging" by your RLs) and start focusing on these a little more (or are you already?) If you are then then are you preparing adequately with resources for their spawn? Other than that hopefully someone else can who has done the fight can help you more directly.

Same for Beastlord though that seems to more farm for you though you still wiped twice. This fight and the like (unless you have a strange set up with no passive cleave or AoE padders) should never be about overall damage. It's all about the mounts and then Beastlord. I play DemServ there and I have always been second or first on boss damage (as my fellow raiders like to pad).

However, when it is safely farm then pad away. It is a different mindset to get overall highest damage. Then you will be wanting glyphed DS and use with Cata in caster on the adds as often as possible (your DS and Cata were all over the place). On your kill you only had 7 Catas in almost 10 minutes. Be banking CWs for the adds and in between building fury for the next spawn. You don't want to be capped on stacks but you do want CWx3 + 4 set procs on every add spawn ideally. Then any more is a choice of HoG/CW depending on your fury levels and your current procs

With Cata you want GoSyn (and to be aware that you had a lack of Goserv casts). Remember to switch from SBs in execute phase. Pretty much everything I have said here also applies to Flamebender (more Catas and CWs!) except you will probably want to unglyph Ds so you have 20 seconds of nuking on the wolves.

So with 6.2 on the horizon everything is a bit up in the air. Have you decided what specs you are going forward with yet? I haven't actually but I have been practising with them all. Having looked through quite a few of your logs I would really suggest to learn how to play a spec from the ground up. Forgot overall damage and start getting the basics like resource management and your ST rotation really strong. Once you have that then you can build on with Cata/Havoc/Multidotting and the like. Feel free to post more logs again (hopefully someone will still help you more with your Thogar) but a ST parse in any spec (with unglyphed DS) may help identify the underlining issues more easily.

Good luck.
    Hey Spike thanks for getting back to me. All good information. Our RL isn't looking for us to pad and I know I need to watch out for the man at arms more. The turrets I do save up for an knock them down ASAP. I think my biggest weakness is when to use HoG and CW and use them correctly. I'm reading Woz guide and also hopefully practicing with another really good Warlock soon to help with my rotation.

On 6.2 I know destro pretty well. CR Sac and CB with GSR and Multistrike procs. Not sure how much more destro is. Affl I haven't even looked at but with how 6.2 is looking I might have to pretty soon. If you have any suggestions on destro I am all ears

Deleted
    Wall of text inc..

Axxtross are you aware that our GCD in Destro and hence cast time for SB is 1 second and for CB I think it is about 2.1 seconds for me (this is an estimate as I am not in game). So please test the CB/SB out a little more in your raids. Sometimes when sniping for add kills your SB damage will be lower as they are unbuffed but buffed execute ones are pretty strong. SB needs the same respect as CB though and to ideally dump on a proc. Very very rarely is my average CB damage double my average SB damage. Perhaps your gear set up changes it for you. Oh and of course if you get a 4 set proc then CB for that. Will reply to the rest later.
    Yes I´m aware of that GCB, my concern in this regard was however more related to getting the most damage / ember. However after you pointed it out I do recognize the value of putting more emphasis on SB towards the end of proccs / DS for example.
    As I mentioned up until now I´ve pretty much restricted SB use for bosses close to dying or to ember snipe adds.

Thanks for the reply Axxtross. So yeah I wrote a bit more about the SB/CB thing above. I am curious of your results.

Yeah I get the pain of trying to do a pre-cast correctly. Our tanks are so irregular with their pulls! It's nice to do of course but not essential and not to the detriment of the rest of the raid.

I would suggest if they have the same WA icons then change one? I use Ability_Creature_Poison_06 for DuT and inv_misc_trinket6oih_lanterna2 for GSR if that helps or just find an image that you can associate with each one.

As to your question about whether to wait for GSR or get to full embers. I'll be totally honest and say that I do not know! Perhaps if you post in the Destro thread one of the experts will be able to help and I actually would like to know as well. I guess a lot depends on fight lengths and if there is a nuke phase and so on rather than being one answer fits all.

Yeah what I meant by the haste trinket letting you down is that you do not have a second trinket to dump CBs on so a lot more will be unbuffed than someone who has BMC. However, I appreciate that you do not have a choice in this.

Hope the pointers helped. Sorry I couldn't say more but I am pretty new to CR Destro myself and still have a lot to learn. Good luck!
    My guild raids Mondays and Thursdays so I actually haven´t had the time to try it out yet but I´m really eager to try it tonight! I appreciate you following up .
    I´ll absolutely change one of the icons in WA, tbh I didn´t actually think about being fooled by the icon until you pointed out the haste procc not being good for destro.
    As for the question if you should pop DS on trinket procc or wait for for ember cap, I´ll absolutely ask in some other threads and get back with the results.

You are absolutely right, haste doesn´t really do me any favors as Destro since the bottlenecks are the embers anyway and it that case it makes sense to focus on making spells hit harder. I´ll look into switching that trinket for a HC BMC.

You´ve helped a lot in pointing out issues I didn´t even consider as being problems .

Quote Originally Posted by Axxym View Post
    I had to edit my original post a bit because I had your parse zoomed in to 4:53 to compare the 2 fight times - so I missed a bunch of spells you had hit with. Really sorry about that. So all in all, there wasn't as much disparity as I originally noted, but still a bit of a difference. The few things that really stick out to me though are the differences in the power of his spells - like the average SB and CB damage. That basically comes from his gear and from casting them during procs. The reason he casts more during procs is because his fight length is shorter and he was a bit luckier than you with Howling Soul (i.e. His proc'd 9 times in 1:23 less time but it results in having a 30% uptime compared to your 21%).

Treat SB with the same rules as you would apply to CB - cast it buffed by procs or when you're capping on embers. Definitely use Chaos Bolt still if your 4 set procs.

As Spikey said, maybe the BMC HC trinket might give you another proc to play with since the haste trinket isn't doing much for Destro and it seems to be confusing you with that same stupid icon - I know the feels.
    Thanks for getting back to me on that, you got me scared there on how far after I was in terms of cast spells! :P
    As both you and Spikey mentioned I think I would benefit from a second dump trinket, replacing DUT with an HC BMC or something like that.I`ll also look into a more frequent use of SB since it casts faster that would likely impact his amount of trinket proccs as well.

You have given me plenty to work on, I really appreciate it

Help plz

Demo spec played: 10d+

Ive read a lot of threads about demo opener,rotation and understand what i exactly need to do during the fight,but my dps is pretty low i think...
    As i see there are two builds lock play atm, serv-serv(single target) and syn-cata(aoe bosses).I have TmW with configured trinket buffs,Bleeding hollow and ring buff atm instead of WA..
    Gruul
    /reports/kAnCQWVMap1ZKdxr#fight=23&type=damage-done
    BlackHand
    /reports/BPbkCKXHqaNV4fdg#fight=4&type=damage-done

Beast
    /reports/BPbkCKXHqaNV4fdg#fight=20&type=damage-done
    Operator
    /reports/BPbkCKXHqaNV4fdg#fight=20&type=damage-done

/wow/en/character/kazzak/Alincikk/advanced

Input warcraftlogs before my links pls because of message
    "You are not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos until you post a few times."

Thanks in advance and sry for my English..

Hi Axxtross,

Thanks again for getting back to us. It makes a refreshing change when people do! Just to be clear that every sim that I have seen weighs Mythic DuT>Heroic BMC so please don't think I was saying get BMC. It was more just commenting that with only dump trinket makes it much harder (in my opinion). Perhaps in a raid though it may go differently but again get those Destro experts to comment Good luck and may the good RNG come your way! (My guildie and I were running Destro last week in a heroic and there were differences up to 5k sometimes just from RNG... We had the same number of casts etc play to a very similar level.. Sigh).

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Alincikk,

Though you may know how to play it's not coming across in the logs really yet but that is ok. At least you are aware there's a problem and are trying to fix it. Will do a brief run down of your Gruul fight. Your Thogar result was pretty good but seems you have more trouble with single target (ST) stuff and say Iron maidens.

Opener: Low in the level of burst you reached. Please read reread the guide in these forums or visit [urlhttp://summonstone.com/warlock/demonology/#demonicservitude]Summonstone[/url]. The whole point of the opener is to get as many hard hitting spells in DS off while all your trinkets are up and not be SBing.

DS: For DemServ you want DS unglyped as it pairs with GoServ so well and usually you can just get more spells in. Opening DS: 0 Meta SFs!!! 2nd DS: 2 Meta SFs, 3rd DS: 3 Meta SFs, 4th DS: 0 Meta SFs!!! Such a waste of your nuke phases as you should be able to get about 4 in each (at least 8 in a 20 second DS). Just as a tip do DS after a petrify so you are not frozen during it as you had this issue on your last DS. Also during DS try to make it cleaner. No DoT refreshes, no caster abilities and ideally no ToC though on sometimes you will have to move.

Resource Management: Bit harder to judge with a shorter DS but this seems decent. Your first DS you gained as you were SBing. The rest you went in with good fury. Read up on that site I linked and it will tell you what you need when you play with a 20s DS. Finished the fight on 300 fury so you should have spent this.

0 Caster SFs pre execute so good stuff. Did you dump your MC procs before 25% though? Perhaps not.

Meta SFs buffed mostly. Just remember DuT is not good to dump on and ideally go on GSR and your ring proc instead of your weapon one. If TMW is working for you that is fine. WA is am enhanced version and a lot more customisable but it does take a lot of setting up. Are you actually always using all your MC procs? Your SF count was a little low but perhaps you were unlucky.

Grimoire: Number of uses fine but again being DS glyphed let you down on this damage. GoServ should be cast just before DS not during.

DoT uptimes: Doom 91% Corruption 96% so a little low. Are your UI/addons working for you properly? Several Doom casts too early and hence you cast it more than you have to (you have 6 when you only needed 4).

HoG stacking decent. A couple of times you did HoGs back to back.

No teleport use. This may help for Petrify.

Execute: DS used but you forgot your potion. Grimoire should also be used here as he does 20% more damage. Swapped nicely to caster SFs.

Hope this helps and let me know if you do not understand something that I have said.

Disclaimer: Occasionally there are errors in my posts.

Hi Alincikk,

Though you may know how to play it's not coming across in the logs really yet but that is ok. At least you are aware there's a problem and are trying to fix it. Will do a brief run down of your Gruul fight. Your Thogar result was pretty good but seems you have more trouble with single target (ST) stuff and say Iron maidens.

Opener: Low in the level of burst you reached. Please read reread the guide in these forums or visit summonstone.com/warlock/demonology. The whole point of the opener is to get as many hard hitting spells in DS off while all your trinkets are up and not be SBing.
    Opener
    So,as i can uderstand,having 4p of t17 i have to use 3d HoG instead of CW on ST...or such opener is only for BH (beacause we need to move a lot)?

DS: For DemServ you want DS unglyped as it pairs with GoServ so well and usually you can just get more spells in. Opening DS: 0 Meta SFs!!! 2nd DS: 2 Meta SFs, 3rd DS: 3 Meta SFs, 4th DS: 0 Meta SFs!!! Such a waste of your nuke phases as you should be able to get about 4 in each (at least 8 in a 20 second DS). Just as a tip do DS after a petrify so you are not frozen during it as you had this issue on your last DS. Also during DS try to make it cleaner. No DoT refreshes, no caster abilities and ideally no ToC though on sometimes you will have to move.
    for unglyphed DS i need to use it evere 2min+ (3-6 sec until GSR or ring proc) with 5-8 MC and 800+ demonic fury?

and a few questions:
    soloing dummy what my dps should be for 4-6 min ,when i can say "yeah,my dps is fine" ?
    GSR procs ~54sec?
    How can i compare my rotation with important procs?

Hi Alincikk,

If you read the guide in the forums here, Summonstone and a recent post by another experienced lock every single one is slightly different! Being totally honest I do not have the skills to know which is better but as someone that does not regularly get double trinket procs and often lacks on MC procs I usually use a CW early on.

So a little experimenting is required but the opener you used on Gruul was far away from any of the above. Put very simply you were too late popping DS and getting in Meta. Also your first (non pre-cast) SF was at 38 seconds (even with BL/Hero up) so you missed all of your procs. You will never see burst again in a fight like you can get in the opener (on ST anyhow).

As to moving a lot if you look at the opener there is HoG x 2-3, Corruption, GoServ, Doom, CW and perhaps even ToC. So many instant casts for you to get into position. On something like BH you may even use your Eye to set your teleport in the middle pre-combat so if you start far away you can jump straight in. My guild starts in the middle mostly so I have little moving to do but just have a think about what will work best for your circumstances.

The issue with all our BRF trinkets, the ring and weapon proc are that they have no internal cool down (ICD). Not sure if you know what this so if not then basically they can proc at any time. There is no cool down and hence you cannot predict when they will proc either. On your Gruul kill your GSR procced back to back twice, how annoying!

So yeah you got the resource figures correct. As to when you use DS it depends on the fight. For Heroic Gruul for example it is silly short so you want to get your 3 DS in quite quickly. For something like Heroic BH I will use DS every 2 minutes and then save the extra one from AD for execute. If you know fight times in advance you can plan your nuke times a little better. Most of the time though you have time to play with and don't need to be rushing into DS without the resources needed.

So ideally once you have your resources yeah you want to wait a bit for a juicy proc (ideally GSR in your case but that depends on luck) to pair with DS.

To be honest I have no clue what your dummy DPS should be. It's much easier to compare raid parses. Just keep working on the stuff you do less well at and you should see improvements. Best person to compare yourself with is yourself!

Can you explain a little more what you mean by "How can i compare my rotation with important procs?".

Hi Alincikk,

Can you explain a little more what you mean by "How can i compare my rotation with important procs?".
    U've already answer to my question.
    i want to know ,if GSR procs for a static period of time(every 0.91 min) ...
    Ex.
    00:01 GSR proc
    00:55 GSR proc
    00:49 GSR proc
    Now i can see that

thx for answers...ill try to improve my dps in right way now

Deleted
    Hi Axxtross,

Thanks again for getting back to us. It makes a refreshing change when people do! Just to be clear that every sim that I have seen weighs Mythic DuT>Heroic BMC so please don't think I was saying get BMC. It was more just commenting that with only dump trinket makes it much harder (in my opinion). Perhaps in a raid though it may go differently but again get those Destro experts to comment Good luck and may the good RNG come your way! (My guildie and I were running Destro last week in a heroic and there were differences up to 5k sometimes just from RNG... We had the same number of casts etc play to a very similar level.. Sigh).
    Just bringing a small update, tried the changes you suggested and I noticed a good increase in damage, almost 3k. This fight was slightly shorter ~20 secs and I screwed up pretty bad on my immolate uptime so with that in mind I feel confident in being able to push another 3k atleast for next raid.

Don´t worry I wouldn´t switch a Mythic trink for a HC one without checking the sims and it did indeed seem lower so I´ll keep my DUT for now . But I´m aiming on getting another dump trinket.

Logs if you´re interested /reports/q3pgRxCXvMYbdFAV#type=summary&fight=1.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Axxtross... Yeah, don't feel too bad about the DUT - that top parse I linked was using it too.

Just a couple things:

-You mentioned the Immolate uptime, yeah
    -You didn't get the full value of your final Dark Soul so think of how you can better squeeze in all 4. For a fight of this length I'd probably try for 0:00; 2:00; 4:00 and then have my extra charge for execute. Unless you have like all your important procs come up at once at an earlier time or something.
    -Try to line up your 2nd potion with your final Dark Soul in execute - even better yet with an important proc (that's when those Shadowburns really hit hard)

Deleted
    Hi,

in preparation for 6.2 I changed my specc to Affliction (first time during my warlock life).
    Would anyone be so kind to tell me what I am doing so terribly wrong?
    I tried to follow the Guide in this forum.

Here is a log about our HC BRF Raid today.
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/xaqWLBgcM6HknF1t#type=summary&fight=1

Thank you very much!

Regards
    Zerbruss

Please help with destro DPS!

(Since I've never posted here before, I had to break up the links in order to post them, sorry)

Greetings, warlock chums,

My wife and I recently started raiding, and jumped into some heroic content. I know our iLvl is very low for this, but our guild is farming gear and helping us prepare for 6.2. I tried posting this on the O-boards but haven't gotten a response after 24 hours.

I believe, as destro, her DPS could be much better, and am looking for ways to help her improve. She seems to have the right casting priority compared to some of the top people (on askmrrobot), but numbers are low by comparison. I'm no expert on the class, nor have I been reading logs long enough to extract what I need to know, so I thought I'd ask you guys for advice. Note that gear enchants are incoming.

The only thing I've been able to pick out is that she doesn't have as many Chaos Bolt casts as some other players, and activity might be low. If there are any specifics you guys can glean, I would be extremely grateful if you could point them out.

Thanks in advance for your time

Logs below for our last couple of raids:

Last night's BRF
    askmrrobot
    /wow/combatlog/9c008155-f5cb-4ca5-ac7a-42270a359cb3/overview

Character-specific for H-Butcher the night before
    askmrrobot
    /wow/combatlog/e01660dd-0824-4c33-9ad0-67ebbca77011/report/19#v=0,d=0,c=23

Armory:
    us battle net
    /wow/en/character/emerald%20dream/shallan/simple

Hi RovingDeath,

Do you have any logs uploaded to Warcraftlogs? Many people like myself are more familiar with that site.

Ah never mind I think that I have found some.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...8800/7/#boss=0

I will comment tomorrow if no one else does before me.
    Last edited by SpikeySquad; 2015-06-18 at 09:58 PM.

Where is your main concern Zebruss? As some of your percentiles are very good.

Deleted
    Where is your main concern Zebruss? As some of your percentiles are very good.
    Thanks for your answer. I guess you only had a look at Gruul? This was the only fight where it was ok for the first time Affli.
    The percentiles are really really bad within my bracket. I don't bother about rank % as there are all item levels included.
    Last edited by mmocc2a5736f26; 2015-06-19 at 07:15 AM.

For Shallan,

It's hard to compare you when you have such a low item level and therefore stats in a BRF fight but will give it a whirl. I am currently looking at your Gruul fight as whatever you do here will pretty be the same all over.

Opener: Check out the one in this forum or at the bottom of the Summonstone site. The BL/Hero was a strange time which did not help either. Your first cast landed at 8 seconds, no DS and CB whilst all your buffs/procs were up so you missed a lot of damage. The opener is the place where you will burst the most. Practice more until it becomes automatic.

DS and Ember management: First DS far too late at 44 seconds. I would also suggest to unglyph it as 20 seconds gives you a lot more play room. Generally your nuke phases are poor and from what I can see not one single CB during DS! So before each DS you want to be getting to +3.5 embers and ideally waiting for another proc (and/or use trinket) but do not cap embers. Pop DS then CBx3, start building embers again and get more off before DS ends. DS is your most important buff, respect it, plan for it and pop it at a time when you are less likely to move. After Petrify for example on Gruul. Speaking of your trinket you could have used it three times when you only did twice (that's because you have macroed it with DS which is fine but then your first one was way too late). No pre-combat potion used.

When you did dump your CBs only one out of three sets was buffed. Sorry if I sound monotonous but you also need to know that CB/SB are your best abilities. Again respect these, everything needs to be about this and how to maximise them. You are a little low on procs at the moment but then if you are not DSing soon (like I said make sure you have ~3.5 embers for this) you will want to be aggressively dumping your embers when you have buffs.

You may have just been unlucky with crits (and your low gear level) but perhaps were you capped on embers (and a lot)? You do have a very very low CB cast number.

DoT uptimes: Immolate at 81% is way too low. Is your UI working for you? A few Immolate casts too close together. Are you aware of the 30% pandemic effect?

Conflags: Number casted fine. Do you know to wait until about 3-5 seconds to the second charge to cast them? That way you have something to cast while moving. For a fight like Gruul you may also want to consider teleport use for spreading out.

Execute: Like your CB ideally you also want your SBs to be buffed but again do not cap embers as you are wasting damage. Again seems to be too few casted in the time you had but it is hard to compare with your stats. Had a DS in execute so good but then no SBs in it. Potion is better here as both your pet does extra damage and SB>CB (usually).

Talents & Glyphs: Were you talented into GoServ for this fight? I see on your armoury that is your current choice but if so then you never casted it. If you read the guide here or the Sims over at Summonstone Furty says there isn't much difference between GoSup and GoServ (and this is only better if you use it correctly) so while you are learning you may want to make your life easier for now. Later anyhow if you continue to gear you will probably be going GoSac with CR so it's not like you will be missing out. Get enchanted. If even the cheap ones. It really does help.

Otherwise have a proper objective look at your UI. Is it fit for purpose? Is everything you need to know for example embers, procs, DS timings, DoTs and the like somewhere near your characters feet? If so then it's more a matter of training yourself to look at them more and plan a little better. Practice, practice, practice. Ideally somewhere less stressful at first so like a dummy or LFR until all this is much more automatic.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Disclaimer: At times we log readers make errors. If you think so tell us.

SpikeyShadow,

Thank you so much for the reply, we'll go over this thoroughly and put it to good use =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerbruss View Post
    Hi,

in preparation for 6.2 I changed my specc to Affliction (first time during my warlock life).
    Would anyone be so kind to tell me what I am doing so terribly wrong?
    I tried to follow the Guide in this forum.

Here is a log about our HC BRF Raid today.
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/xaqWLBgcM6HknF1t#type=summary&fight=1

Thank you very much!

Regards
    Zerbruss
    I tried going through them but my German sucks (i.e. Does not exist). I'm only just getting used to reading Affliction logs but it's all the more complicated in a foreign language.

Anyway, one thing I noticed was pretty consistent was your opener. Rather than the exact details of your casts, one of the fundamental principles is that when you open the fight with Bloodlust (Zeitkrümmung) it's really important that you use both your charges of Dark Soul (Finstere Seele: Elend) consecutively here. Therefore, all 40s of Bloodlust should be covered by your Dark Soul. This will give you a much better start that you can carry through the fight. Your subsequent Dark Souls should be paired with trinket procs and your second potion - whenever those occur. Try to keep Haunt up as much as you can during Dark Soul.

On a fight like Hans and Franz, where Bloodlust was casted somewhere in the middle of the fight... Affliction is really going to suffer from this. Affliction already really suffers on that fight if you're not minimizing your movement as much as possible. But the spec is really dependent on getting an amazing start then sort of slowly falling down the damage meter until the end of the encounter.

Try to improve the opener and general Dark Soul usage and see if there's a bit of a difference.