Page 38 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Currently looking for ways that I can increase my damage. I feel as if currently it is just a lack of gear, but some guilds I am applying say that my damage is too low.

My Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%ACcdps/simple

Currently sitting at around 695ilvl, but I only have the Heroic T17 2set bonus and no other tier just yet that I can use. I play both Destruction, and Affliction and I feel as if my damage as Destruction is extremely lacking but I did recently re-enchant for Affliction which may have been causing some issues but I've always pulled "low" numbers as Destruction I feel, for my gear level.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/zhFAKygxV6G7Dbct

Specifically, I had issues with Destruction on the fight of Gorefiend and Hellfire Assault and I'm not sure why I'm experiencing such difficulty. Any help would be appreciated.

I could use a little help on improving my dps an heroic arch. Here is my log https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/6FnqajKZLmP2rdCw

I feel like I am drastically under performing here. Any pro tips, or let me know what I might be doing wrong would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Dragonala

Quote Originally Posted by RuyzakiaPCG View Post
    Currently looking for ways that I can increase my damage. I feel as if currently it is just a lack of gear, but some guilds I am applying say that my damage is too low.

My Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%ACcdps/simple

Currently sitting at around 695ilvl, but I only have the Heroic T17 2set bonus and no other tier just yet that I can use. I play both Destruction, and Affliction and I feel as if my damage as Destruction is extremely lacking but I did recently re-enchant for Affliction which may have been causing some issues but I've always pulled "low" numbers as Destruction I feel, for my gear level.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/zhFAKygxV6G7Dbct

Specifically, I had issues with Destruction on the fight of Gorefiend and Hellfire Assault and I'm not sure why I'm experiencing such difficulty. Any help would be appreciated.
    I am by no means an expert on locks as I have just switched to one recently. However, I don't see any use of Havoc in your logs and you could get double or more Shadowburns in there. No use of Infernal at all. Seems like you are relying on FnB a lot more than you should be. Gear is much more afflic based so that is hurting you as well.

This is all looking at Assault.

So i'm having issues with my Destro AOE DPS. Im pretty sure im not shadow burning enough(which I will try to work on) but I'm not sure what else. My affliction is pretty good and i've debated staying Aff for AOE fights but I also heard Destro is better for the cleave. Heres the logs from last weeks Heroic HFA.

warcraftlogs.com/reports/La6f4Jq1tMFKmgzh#fight=2

I do know our Enhance and Boomkin pad the numbers as I focus mainly on the priority targets but Should I havok the sieges and try to Shadow burn the rest if they are up? The little adds die really quick for me to get any sustained DPS. I have done better in a few pugs where I've gotten close to 58k which I still believe to be low. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Heres my Armory.
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/whisperwind/Benched/simple
    Last edited by Poppin; 2015-08-21 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Forgot Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Enitzu View Post
    I am by no means an expert on locks as I have just switched to one recently. However, I don't see any use of Havoc in your logs and you could get double or more Shadowburns in there. No use of Infernal at all. Seems like you are relying on FnB a lot more than you should be. Gear is much more afflic based so that is hurting you as well.

This is all looking at Assault.
    He shouldn't be using the Infernal.

Cool Can any good destro warlocks help me do non-terrible DPS?

Hey guys hows the weekend going.

So.......... Ive always disliked destruction out of all the 3 specs but since it is now the best overall spec for most of the fights in HFC i now want help maximizing my dps.

So for instance on a fight like Arch, Mannoroth, or Xhul'Horac, my dps is pretty medicore as destro. There are some questions i Want to ask good locks about this spec.

First, should I always use havoc off cd? and how exactly do i use havoc? Do i always spam it on the boss and then chaos bolt the main add (like doomcaller, infernal, ect)? I try to save 3 shards for when the add is low hp for the 3x shadowburn combo but sometimes it can be hard to pull off.

Second, when there are a bunch of adds all spread out like the infernals on mannoroth or the purple adds on xhul, what do i do? my fire and brimstone chaos bolts can never hit all of them at the same time and using the FNB chaos bolts on the imps is annoying because they tend to die so fast.

Thanks for any help.

Hey there, do you have any logs at all that you could link? It would allow for us to give you more advice

Corsair 750D - i7 5820k @ 4.2 GHz - Corsair H100i - 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 2800 MHz - TITAN X - GIGABYTE X99 GAMING 5

10+ Year Old Account
    Almost universally when I see poor Destruction Warlocks it comes down to 4 things - poor Havoc usage, poor Shadowburn usage, poor F&B utilization and no procs tracking and planning.

You need to give us some logs so we can advise, as otherwise we would need to rewrite a whole stickied guide for you here.

Have to agree with everyone else here. Logs will help technical analysis of what you're potentially doing wrong.

I can try to have a chat about those few fights you've mentioned, about some things that are less mentioned in guides. For Mannoroth, Arch, and Xhul, I usually sacrifice looking good on meters to ensure we're not wasting time on wipes for progression. So for me, take the voidfiends on Xhul'horac for example. Toss havoc up on one void, and use a single target chaos bolt on the other. Mannoroth, is kind of the same situation where you havoc one infernal, chaos bolt the other. The goal is to take those down as fast as possible so that other ranged aren't stuck kiting/damaging them. This possibly could make you look bad personally, but increases your raids dps throughput overall. Another example is Archimonde. During our nether banish, my raids first group has to send 2 ranged down to take care of the void star. I solo that, leaving an additional ranged to help power through infernals, and end the fight faster.

So one thing to add to that big 4 list, havoc usage, shadowburn usage, FnB usage, proc/cooldown management/awareness, I'll add "getting shit done" to that list. Anyone has a problem with your dps, and you can link add damage meters on voidfiends/infernals where you're dealing 3 million more damage to them than the next highest ranged dps, or you soloed your void stars in the nether phase, that's a job well done in my book. When you're "getting shit done" sometimes you don't look like a hero on meters. This is okay in my raid, I welcome it. Because this opens up other classes to increase their throughput. My raid has quite a bit of cleave already. We lack that hard hitting burst dps in our ranged comp, and this is something destruction can do. It's not often optimal, it is however, integral to progression.

It's really nice to see people wanting to help but what about the 10+ posts above that one that have not been answered yet?
    Last edited by SpikeySquad; 2015-08-24 at 02:31 PM.

Hi I am having a lot of trouble with my dps. Iv'e looked over every single forum and guide and according to it it says what i'm doing is right. But consistently i am the lowest dps in our raid even below tanks at times. I'm awful at reading logs other then telling my dot up time % is low with immolate. If you know of anything that could help with that that would be much appreciated. Or any other help. Ive had to remove the links due to mmos unwillingness to let me post.

Posted are logs for HFC. Warcraft Logs
    rankings/character/3427929/latest/#boss=1785

Armory World Of Warcraft Armory
    /wow/en/character/kelthuzad/Jezobelle/simple

In the last few weeks i've gone from pulling top numbers in my raid team to coming in almost dead last. I'm not sure if its a rotational thing or a gear thing, I would really appreciate some insight and help before I lose my raid spot =(

Logs:
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/dJWTmK7FwM2CzDyZ

Armory:
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Icyst%C3%B2rms/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icytwilight View Post
    In the last few weeks i've gone from pulling top numbers in my raid team to coming in almost dead last. I'm not sure if its a rotational thing or a gear thing, I would really appreciate some insight and help before I lose my raid spot =(

Logs:
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/dJWTmK7FwM2CzDyZ

Armory:
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Icyst%C3%B2rms/simple
    A few quick things I noticed:

Havoc! Use it more! On your 7:19 pull you used it 9 times. I have a 7:30 minute pull where I use it 27 times and technically should have used it 30 times. Your low Havoc usage it what stands out the most to me - use it on cooldown.

I notice you use Prophecy of Fear? I've never used it so I can't speak to its efficacy, but do you have another trinket you could use in that slot? Mythic GSR from BRF and 6/6 Sandman's trinket are both really good.

You forgot to Doomguard on the 7:19 pull. On both 8+ minute pulls you use DG as soon as you guys Bloodlust. I would save him for sub 20% for his entire duration.

It looks like sometimes you only Shadowburn at the last second to get an ember back? While this isn't usually viable on the doomfires, it seems like the Deathcallers definitely live long enough sub 20% that you can Havoc at least 2x shadowburns onto Arch.

Bottom line as far as I can tell is to use Havoc on CD, as your Havoc usage seems to be very low.

Quote Originally Posted by Prisefighter View Post
    I notice you use Prophecy of Fear?
    Yeah I just recently rolled it and wasn't sure if my GSR was better or not. Will definitely just switch it out and keep it until i get Arch trink.

And you are probably very right about the havoc, i'm so afraid to cast it and then let it go to waste I probably am not using it very effectively. But even on none AOE fights my numbers seemed to have declined a bit.

Yeah I just recently rolled it and wasn't sure if my GSR was better or not. Will definitely just switch it out and keep it until i get Arch trink.

And you are probably very right about the havoc, i'm so afraid to cast it and then let it go to waste I probably am not using it very effectively. But even on none AOE fights my numbers seemed to have declined a bit.
    The archimonde trinket is a lot worse than you may think it is, the only fights I find it useful on in mythic are gorefiend (we have really high add damage at this point) iskar and Fel lord (if you even spec destro there) otherwise, GSR+DSI is the way to go.

10+ Year Old Account

What Valq said ^. I use the trinket on Iskar and any other fight that I would use it on I run affliction anyway. On AOE fights if your numbers are low I would guess it's directly related to ember management? Either you are casting FnB incinerates/conflags at 3> embers thus wasting embers, or you use FnB Chaos Bolts when you aren't at three embers and then you get starved. Also, always be ready to snipe SBs even in a heavy AOE moment for more shards and damage. In AOE heavy situations (as always) keep Havoc on CD. I Havoc the longest living add, go into FnB rotation, and then snipe SBs onto the high add. Usually if you Havoc early enough you can get 3x SBs onto that add and if he's still alive and Havoc is off cd you can Havoc another 3x SB onto him.

Regarding your worry about "wasting" Havoc, you really can't. There is like a 2 or 3 (?) second gap between the time Havoc debuff falls off your target and the actual spell comes off CD. The ONLY time I've run into that being an issue is on Arch, but if you watch your timers that's very easy to avoid. Until you run into specific situations where you notice you are missing a Havoc due to that situation I would just be sure to have it used on CD.

Warlock Dps help

Hey guys,

I need some help gearing my lock, but I am stuck between 2 items. My spec is destro at the moment, as you can see on my armory (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...e/Lokza/simple).

I am stuck between:
    1) Heroic Shadow council's gloves and robes(socket mastery) for the set bonus (set bonus)

or

2) Heroic Ancient gorestained wrap and 695 deathrattle gloves (gloves & chest)

Any tips what i should go for? The higher master for (2) or the set bonus of (1).
    Or should I go affliction instead?

Thanks in Advance!

Quote Originally Posted by undeadguy5 View Post
    Hi I am having a lot of trouble with my dps. Iv'e looked over every single forum and guide and according to it it says what i'm doing is right. But consistently i am the lowest dps in our raid even below tanks at times. I'm awful at reading logs other then telling my dot up time % is low with immolate. If you know of anything that could help with that that would be much appreciated. Or any other help. Ive had to remove the links due to mmos unwillingness to let me post.
    Right, few things you could improve on:
    More immolate uptime
    More havoc usage
    Stop using glyph of dark soul
    On most fights you don't cast your first chaos bolt until 15 or so seconds into the fight, cast it earlier
    You're sitting at capped embers for waaaaay too long while continuing to cast incinerate; never cap embers.
    On one fight I looked at you cast immolate on the same target 7 times in a row, that's also not good.

Overall, I don't know what guides you're looking at, but if that guide is saying you're doing everything right, then abandon it right away and take a look at the one Furty made here and follow it, because if I was to actually explain what you should do differently, I'd end up just having to copy paste the whole thing to you.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Tarov View Post
    Hi guys!

Last time I asked for help my DPS improved and I thank you for that. There are some things that I still forget to do, though (second pot, mostly).

However, the reason I'm here again asking for your help is this: although my DPS went up, I got crappy records bracket-wise. I didn't know how that worked and a guildmate explained it (active time, choice of skills used depending of the situation, etc).
    Can you guys tell me what I'm doing wrong? Specially compared to the other lock in the group. I really want to push my gameplay higher.

Another thing. I'm going affliction on single target fights (e.g. Zakuun, Socrethar, Iron Reaver, Tyrant - Council too because of multidotting) and destro on fights that have a couple of adds (Iskar, Assault). Which spec is more viable for Mannoroth and Archimonde fights? I'm asking this because both have adds, but you aren't supposed to aoe them (specially on Archimonde).

Here are the most recent logs and my armory.

Tarov: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/azralon/Tarov/advanced

Tyrant
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/7NjF2z13MAgZvfhC#fight=9&translate=true

warcraftlogs.com/reports/ntCvaQH4gGZpN6fy#fight=4&translate=true&type=summary&source=19 (most recent log - Aug 26)

Iskar
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/1CZD9dnhJxg48pVq#type=damage-done&fight=5&translate=true

Zakuun

warcraftlogs.com/reports/1CZD9dnhJxg48pVq#type=damage-done&fight=19&translate=true

Council
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/rPFxWMBwRdp2yjgm#fight=5&translate=true

Gorefiend
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/rPFxWMBwRdp2yjgm#fight=11&translate=true

Thanks in advance!
    Tarov

Any help?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tarov View Post
    Any help?
    Thanks!
    I'll take a look at stuff in an hour or so, just finished raid so having dinner and a shower first.