Page 40 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hey guys,

I am having the hardest time figuring out what I am doing wrong, seems as though my dps for fury is way lower than it should be given my gear and stats.

Spec Fury
    Item Level 716
    Expectations: Help me improve my DPS

I cannot post any links to logs as this is my first ever post on here. My chaaracter is Xxisos from Mal'Ganis
    Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Anything you see from logs that I'm doing wrong or anything that I need to do differently plz let me know!!

Hello dear warlocks of MMOCHAMP, today i wanted to see what my warlocks are doing wrong and right. They are currently trials on my guild and i want to see if they are aware of their class or not, now i dont know much about warlocks thats why im asking you guys here!

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...9Pd/#fight=146

This is the log of the first 12 bosses of HFC on normal where we trialed them.

Would love to see what you guys think about what they do.

Armories : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Larusa/simple
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nchrist/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caramio View Post
    Hello dear warlocks of MMOCHAMP, today i wanted to see what my warlocks are doing wrong and right. They are currently trials on my guild and i want to see if they are aware of their class or not, now i dont know much about warlocks thats why im asking you guys here!

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...9Pd/#fight=146

This is the log of the first 12 bosses of HFC on normal where we trialed them.

Would love to see what you guys think about what they do.

Armories : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Larusa/simple
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nchrist/simple
    Takes a whole 2 seconds of Armory to see that they are clueless/do not give a damn, I do not even need to look at the logs.

Both take Glyph of Dark Soul as Destruction, which means right there that they did not bother reading even one decent guide... then they either use wrong enchants or no enchants at all, right now even the best enchants cost almost nothing, so not using decent ones or not enchanting at all has no excuse if they intend to actually try.

Basically, they do not appear to give enough damn... Satan has some hope about him of being decent one day, but the other one is a total failure.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2015-09-11 at 10:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xxisos View Post
    Hey guys,

I am having the hardest time figuring out what I am doing wrong, seems as though my dps for fury is way lower than it should be given my gear and stats.

Spec Fury
    Item Level 716
    Expectations: Help me improve my DPS

I cannot post any links to logs as this is my first ever post on here. My chaaracter is Xxisos from Mal'Ganis
    Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Anything you see from logs that I'm doing wrong or anything that I need to do differently plz let me know!!
    Not sure if posted in wrong forum or Demonology.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslingers View Post
    Mainly looking at hellfire council. My haunting spirits had like 99% uptime. I'm just dumbfounded and it's bothering me :/
    I also looked at how low my drain soul time is. Maybe that's it too? However I feel like i'm moving all the time. Maybe he just turrets and says fuck it? I don't know lmao
    A couple of main differences I can point out quickly. First, 4 set for Affliction is quite good so don't underestimate that. He had 34% uptime on his DS over your 32% which in a ~4min encounter is enough to make a difference. 6% of his damage also came from the legendary ring - so he's got those few things over you right off the bat. The class trinket is also helping him out - just look at the hits/cast of his DoTs compared to yours.

And yeah, he's got you beat on Drain Soul by a pretty hefty margin - 43% vs 23%. I think you made the right call going supremecy on this fight, but he actually managed to make the most of sacrifice (and the class trinket btw).

I wouldn't feel too bad. He had a gear advantage and played it really, really well - 99th percentile for his iLvl - there's a reason there's a 99th percentile and it's because only a few people are capable of playing on that level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Minoan View Post
    EDIT1: I guess I found out what was wrong on Velari(no haunts and dps on ads),and on Xhul(2nd warlock was precasting chaosbolts before imps spawn, or so, and did much more due to it). Socrethar is... I am not sure on how to check it, all warlocks were doing completely diff things. Mannoroth and Archimonde are still the biggest questions
    I tend to get better results as Affliction on Mannoroth. Making sure to snipe dying adds with Drain Soul will ensure plenty of shards to support lots of Soul Swapping.

On Archimonde, just compare her to the other Destro lock to see whats up. He cast 49 chaos bolts for 63 hits which means he Havoc'd 14 times. She cast 40 chaos bolts for 46 hits - only 6 Havocs. He also got much more out of AoE situations, his F&B CB did almost 4M damage (6 casts for 25 hits) where hers only did ~1M (3 casts for only 9 hits).

Don't really need to go into much more detail than that...
    Last edited by Styxxa; 2015-09-12 at 04:40 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hi you beautiful Warlocks you!

Sorry to sneak into your forum but I really want to help out one of our trials.

Epicrates - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...icrates/simple

- ilvl 705, not got 4 piece tier yet (i know this will make a huge difference, but this isn't the only reason)

- Has 715 ring.

He's an old-school player and he's come back after a large break, but after 4/5 weeks of raid he isn't progressing as well as he should. We want him to improve, as does he.

It would be much appreciated if someone could have a brief look through his logs and see how he can improve, and what we can look out for!

Thank you very much in advance, i appreciate any help you can offer!

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking.../674365/latest

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna jump in quick (before Gaidax pulls his own hair out) and repeat his four commandments of Destruction Locks:

"Almost universally when I see poor Destruction Warlocks it comes down to 4 things - poor Havoc usage, poor Shadowburn usage, poor F&B utilization and no procs tracking and planning."

I have to scour your logs to even find this guy casting 1 Havoc. He really needs to understand that spell and how to use it. I prefer a mouseover macro to minimize target switching - it's not perfect but it works.

Anyways... just look at Iskar - where Destro locks are supposed to shine. He only cast Havoc 1 time. 1 time. All those dying adds and he only cast Havoc 1 time. He only cast Shadowburn 5 times. He needs a mouseover macro for Shadowburn as well and nameplates that are easy to identify when targets are below 20%. He cast Rain of Fire 11 times - far too much imo as this spell has been nerfed to the ground since the last time he played. Our main 2-min cooldown - Dark Soul - he cast 1 time at some random point 3/4 of the way through the fight. And almost all of his talent choices seem to be sub-optimal.

You should send him to a reputable guide for Destruction warlocks because he's really far off from understanding even the most basic principles of the class.
    Last edited by Styxxa; 2015-09-11 at 02:27 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axxym View Post
    ...snip
    Thank you very much for your time

7+ Year Old Account

Horde Seeking Destro help...

Hi guys, recently rerolled Warlock this tier to get back into the mythic scene a little bit. Up until now I've only really pvped on my warlock, and I'm having some problems making the switch to pve. Aff is not an issue for me, but destro is giving me some problems. I feel like I'm following the guides that i've read (icy veins, Furty's guide on here, and Dark Intentions to name a few) almost perfectly, but I'm not getting the results that I would like. I recognize some problems that i'm having, most of them being pretty newb mistakes that I'm working at to fix (Immolate uptime for example), otherwise I can't seem to see any gaping issues in my play... but my damage just isn't cutting it. Linking logs and my armory below... any help would be HUGELY appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Armory : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Trill/advanced
    Logs : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/29295
    Last edited by Trillock; 2015-09-13 at 01:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    More Havoc, more Shadowburn, more F&B. You can do twice or even 3 times as much as you do now in many cases.

For example if I compare my latest kills with yours then it goes like this:

Archimonde H:
    Havoc: 24 vs 9
    Shadowburn: 39 casts 67 hits (which means I got almost 30 Shadowburns purely thanks to Havoc, on top of cleaved Chaos Bolts) vs 19 casts 19 hits

Assault M:
    Havoc: 21 vs 13
    Shadowburn: 69/86 vs 33/40

And that's not even the best I had, really, just the last parses and trust me, I could do better myself.

That's all.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2015-09-13 at 04:12 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    That's all.
    Thanks mate, will work on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trillock View Post
    Thanks mate, will work on that.
    You should implement some mouseover macros for Havoc and Shadowburn and also your nameplates should make it very easy for you to see when an add is <20%hp.

7+ Year Old Account
    You should implement some mouseover macros for Havoc and Shadowburn and also your nameplates should make it very easy for you to see when an add is <20%hp.
    Already had one for havoc, Hopped on a while ago and set up one for SB. also fixed some weakauras to help with havocs and did some nameplate stuff for SBs.

Thanks for the help guys. Gorefiend prog on Monday, Looking forward to it now that I know what I need to work on.

Mythic Tyrant Velhari - Looking for suggestions/tips

Hey guys,

I'm Clevs and I'm pretty new to the warlock scene and the mmo-champ scene in general. I've been playing warlock since 6.2 dropped this expansion and I'm currently 10/13M. I'd like to say that I have a fairly decent grasp on warlock in general, but I can't help but feel that my damage on Tyrant (we're currently progressing the boss in my guild) isn't as high as it could potentially be. I'm looking for any seasoned warlocks that could help me out on pointing out minor things that I might not be experienced enough to see in my logs.

I wasn't sure if I should post this in the "fix my dps" thread as it really isn't that sort of situation; I'm more looking for exceptional players to possibly suggest anything I could do better to improve uptimes or maximizing.

Here is a link to my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...monde/advanced

And here is a link to my guild's progression logs last night: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...Q#type=summary

Feel free to check out any of the other logs there. I'll try and remember to log our progression tonight and provide more logs in an edit. I was still getting a hold on where to pop DS and such. I am Clevimonde in the logs if that wasn't obvious. And again as a disclaimer, I'm not looking for a fix my rotation or tell me that HS should be at 100%; I understand how to play the spec. I'm looking for min/maxing tips and any help that anyone could give would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks a ton guys.

Hello warlock community.

This is a help fix my friends DPS request. I have a guildy who is a die hard affliction warlock (he plays it every fight), and he has been wanting to push his dps forward more. Having never raided as a warlock I can't really help too much outside of basic observations and advice. I know for a lot of fights he should be playing destro, but we aren't a very hardcore guild, and if he enjoys Affliction that's fine, as long as he makes the most out of it.

Link to his armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...vinlock/simple

Link to all the logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking.../latest#boss=0

Any help is greatly appreciated!

H Archimonde Progression tonight. I'm Affliction because our add damage was pretty good. I know I can do better on Dark Soul usage. Ignore Wipe 7, I had some random lag issues.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...uras&source=10

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Taalyn/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevs View Post
    Hey guys, I'm Clevs
    I'm not exactly an exceptional warlock - far from it in fact - you and I are working on the same boss at the moment - but really the only "reactive" thing we're trying to do in theory with Affliction is to maximize Haunt and Drain Soul uptime under the effects of Dark Soul - especially with T18 4pc. The problem is that doing so is highly dependent on our resources and the timing required to maintain 100% uptime on Haunting Spirits. So it can't always be planned for and executed but it's what we should strive for. So I just snooped on your longest wipe (#14). Now if you just click off all the damage from everything other than Drain Soul and Haunt, you'll see a couple of spots where the Haunt and Drain Soul didn't totally line up with your Dark Souls (i.e. ~4:30). Again, it's 99.9% related to resource management and there probably was little to no option to hold off. But having that full Haunt under the effect of Dark Soul is a way to maximize. Another way, which I'm sure you know because I see that you're doing it, is having Haunt up on multiple targets - but again, highly resource dependent.

I'd also say your extra charge of Dark Soul is probably best spent under BL. You cast DS 4s before TW, which may have diminished an opportunity to extend your Dark Soul under T18 2pc. You may also consider Mark of Warsong for progression with Affliction as the haste proc could help a bit.

But yeah, a lot of it comes down to a bit of RNG on Nightfall.

Edit: Just went back and looked at some rankings (as I'm preparing myself for this fight as well) and I found a parse with a bit longer kill time (7:07) and within the 718-720iLvl bracket. It's the 97th ranked parse @ 104k.

Dude had 28 Nightfall procs in 7 minutes. Also noticed he was using Darmac's Unstable Talisman as his 2nd trinket. He managed to extend 2 of his Dark Souls to 26s - 1 of which was under the effect of BL. You'll notice that his DoT uptimes weren't anything special - he even let Agony drop at one point in the fight - but his extended Dark Souls and his damage in execute range where he managed to Drain Soul almost the entire time with Haunt up really made a massive difference.
    Last edited by Styxxa; 2015-09-15 at 12:04 PM.

You may also consider Mark of Thunderlord for progression with Affliction as the haste proc could help a bit
    Warsong is the haste one, Thunderlord is crit.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kneeo View Post
    Warsong is the haste one, Thunderlord is crit.
    I stand corrected. My bad.

I'm not exactly an exceptional warlock - far from it in fact - you and I are working on the same boss at the moment
    I really appreciated you getting back to me. We ended up killing the boss last night actually and I ended up finishing at about 99k dps. Pretty dreadful but granted I did have some pretty shit RNG I did start using my second DS charge during TW, which you mentioned, as it seemed more useful there and I could pump out more boss damage. Throughout the fight though, I was pretty starving for soul shards; if I'm looking at the correct thing on the logs, I only had 14 nightfall procs throughout the fight and only maybe 2 or 3 of those occurred at the end when killing the last add. I did manage to get my DS durations to 26 seconds, 24 seconds, 24 seconds, and 26 seconds so I think maximizing my DS uptime wasn't necessarily an issue. I might have just had shit luck when it came to procs :/

Here is the report if you wanted to check it out: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Thanks again though, I appreciate it.
    Last edited by Clevs; 2015-09-15 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clevs View Post
    ranted I did have some pretty shit RNG
    Unfortunately, that's pretty much the name of the game for dps this tier. You can have huge swings in your dps from pull to pull just because of assorted RNG.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.