Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hello!

Thank you very mutch Styxxa!!

I try this and I come back with from new log and my new felt

Okay so I am currently rerolling Warlock and after some heavy practice last and this week I think I'm making progress. As I am currently quite new to Warlock ING and actually dpsing in general as I've always been a healer for prog raiding, some feedback on where I can improve would be greatly appreciated.

Gear isn't too relevant as I know that side of things just in the process of replacing all the old h brf bits I had since I touched the class last. Since these logs I now have class trinket (N) which is obviously a metric tonne better than BMC for affi lol, so I feel I have the gear I've switched to SB:H when previously I was getting more out of Servitude at these lesser gear levels. Tier will help a tonne as well

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance.

Toons name: Makise - Dath'remar OC
    Logs from pugging this week;
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Deleted
    Hi Yunaqt ,

first post go easy on me

DoT uptimes are good. You used Doomguard, which is fine for now. I see however a 0.00% Soulburn effect among the buffs with 2 counts, which makes me curious.

What i see is that it isn't bad at all. However i noticed a few things that you could have done to improve your performance on Zakuun:
    - You missed an opportunity of DS at the beginning. With the first, you was a bit late, you could have lined it up better with Voidsight, Bleeding Hollow and the pre-pot, but right after that, you had an another Bleeding Hollow with Voidsight, where you could have used a second DS.
    - You was late with the second potion. Try to line it up with Bloodlust (Timewarp), DS, Ring proc (you have proc right now).

If you have any chance, i would suggest to acquire a DSI from Council. In my experiences the Heirloom trinket is quite OK, but you always will have better results with DSI, even on Demons.

At the beginning, a crafted wrist and belt with Haste+Mastery could be extermely useful, as 6/6 + 2/2 upgrade will provide you a boost.
    Also, enchant both of your rings

Cheers,

Hi again im back and yet wondering about my gear and hoping to improve my dps beyond 50k DPS http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...akomagi/simple and my logs for 2-3 days ago for doing upper for 2nd time https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...latest/#boss=0 (check affli)

10+ Year Old Account
    @Shadow99

Your biggest issues are 1) Keeping your DoTs on your target(s) and; 2) Keeping the Haunting Spirits buff on yourself. Make sure you understand these 2 fundamentals and that your UI is tracking these things to annoy the hell out of you when you have to refresh any of them.

When you understand and improve these 2 things, you'll be a lot better.

Also, sometimes you don't use all your charges of Dark Soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Styxxa View Post
    @Shadow99

Your biggest issues are 1) Keeping your DoTs on your target(s) and; 2) Keeping the Haunting Spirits buff on yourself. Make sure you understand these 2 fundamentals and that your UI is tracking these things to annoy the hell out of you when you have to refresh any of them.

When you understand and improve these 2 things, you'll be a lot better.

Also, sometimes you don't use all your charges of Dark Soul.
    Cause it's hard for me to keep them up and move around often ;( i don't have that fast reaction (due to disabilities) and also changed around stuff
    Last edited by Shadow99; 2015-12-24 at 07:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You may want to consider mouse over macros for your DoTs. Agony and Corruption are instant cast so you can apply them while moving and the best way I find to do that is on the boss frames. Your UI should be alerting you when Haunting Spirits has <9s left which is in pandemic range. Always make sure to have 2 shards for when you have to reapply Haunting Spirits.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow99 View Post
    Hi again im back and yet wondering about my gear and hoping to improve my dps beyond 50k DPS http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...akomagi/simple and my logs for 2-3 days ago for doing upper for 2nd time https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...latest/#boss=0 (check affli)
    Tyrant
    You're not using soulburn:haunt but rather demonic serv on Tyrant
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=6
    which is horrible for multi target dotting with the doomguard only hitting 1 target while all your dots are much weaker. Learn to use SB:H. No prepot or second pot, or stacking of CDs to multiply damage

Also not sure why you're using affliction on encounters that are horrible for it like HFA, gorefiend & xhul.

On council
    You need to learn to multidot up to 3 targets to have all 3 spells rolling on them at all times. Right now you're just putting your dots on 1 at a time and basically gimping yourself to doing 1/3 of your potential damage when you could be rotting all 3 bosses at the same time.

Also you're using the heirloom trinket here when they arent demons. Should only use heirloom on zakuun and tyrant as affliction. DUT or class trinket would be better. Looks like you're using DS when haunting spirits isnt up too. Your tier set bonus refreshes haunt when you drain, so you should never DS without the debuff on the target.

On all fights it also looks like you never summon your doomguard. Even with demonic serv you're able to summon a second one, and without dserv you can summon one that has a 10 min CD. Use this guy who will usually add 700k+ free damage

Grimoire of sac is only good when you have high drain uptime, but you're usually at 30%. Either need to drain more to make it worthwhile or switch to grimoire of sup

Deleted

Destro logs

Hello, this is my first time logging and Im hoping that someone could look through them, helping me out with how to play the spec better. I feel that there's a lot I can improve as destruction, I recently started playing the spec after I couldn't play affli on every fight and our guild lacks strong add prio and on demand aoe burst. This log is from a pug group tho.

Thanks in advance, hope my english is good enough to understand.

/reports/jQ149c7fWGTakL2X/#source=367&type=summary
    Last edited by mmocba96e72486; 2015-12-28 at 11:14 AM.

I normally find I can solve most problems myself but I seem to have hit a wall on my warlock. I do decent enough damage on aoe and single target fights, but I find fights like manno and archimonde I'm not doing anywhere near what I could be doing.

reports/cJX6b9WTkPzAD4nY/#source=117&type=damage-done Here's my most recent fight (sorry for normal archimonde, if you want to look through logs I have heroic and mythic kills as well). I felt I lined up CD's fairly well, used a lot of havocs, and reduced movement fairly effectively. I just feel that my damage should be higher given my ilvl. Thanks for the help.

Edit - I can't post links yet, so I just put the ending to the url to bypass that. Its on warcraftlogs.

You can try to play Affliction on Kormrok and just single-target the boss, you may get better results than Destro.
    depending on what your raid needs, affliction with cataclysm is very strong on kormok. you still get very high single target damage since you can just keep 100% up on haunt, and cataclysm is always up for hands, doing huge burst to them. if your team isnt having issues with hands, and your not looking to scumbag dps, then affliction with SB Haunt is the way to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brok3nh3lix View Post
    depending on what your raid needs, affliction with cataclysm is very strong on kormok. you still get very high single target damage since you can just keep 100% up on haunt, and cataclysm is always up for hands, doing huge burst to them. if your team isnt having issues with hands, and your not looking to scumbag dps, then affliction with SB Haunt is the way to go.
    I know, but there's ppl in his raid killing the hands already, which is why that was my suggestion.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/86QptCA3qHF1MDdK

Personal logs from a variety of LFR and normal PUGS this week. Came back to the game after several years of not playing. Played affliction for a while but soon realized it wasn't working on most of the add fights in HFC so I switched to destro. I'm getting better at havocing but realize I need to do a lot better.

Is there anything else glaring that I should be trying to fix?

10+ Year Old Account
    @Crazyhawk

I took a look at Xhul Normal. Go back through the last few pages of this thread - there's some advice about this encounter that applies to you (pg. 22, #853). You're not casting nearly enough FnB-CB. Also, Iron Reaver is one of the classic Affliction fights so you may see better single-target results there with your off-spec. Apart from that, you should cast Doomguard on pull with BL (Drums in your case), and you missed a lot of Dark Soul uses. In a 6+ minute encounter you should use it 5 times (0:00; 2:00; 4:00; 6:00 + extra charge) and you only used it 3. Check out the stickied guides for Affliction/Destruction on the Warlock forum here - they're the most up-to-date, useful information to get you back into it.

@gerjay

Great parses on Mannoroth and Archimonde at any level of difficulty continue to elude me as well. On both encounters lately I tend to get better results with Affliction taking advantage of the Soul Swap glyph and getting the timing right. This is especially good on Archimonde with lust on pull. In fact, I'll go as far as saying you can forget about competing on Archimonde without lust on pull.

To me, it appears that good Destruction parses on Archimonde simply come down to either: a) the number of chaos bolts you cast/hit; b) the number of shadowburns you havoc; and/or c) how much you're able to do with FnB CB. Even rankings wise, you have to go down to #184 on Mythic Archimonde to find the first Warlock. And he definitely made the most out of p2 with his Shadowburn+Havoc and FnB CB. More typically what you'd see is a really high number of CB casts/hits (~70-80) with a healthy number of Shadowburn casts/hits (20+).

@Fekke

You should have an Affliction spec as well - it will do great for you on Iron Reaver, Hellfire High Council, Kormrok, Velhari, Zakuun and others. In a few places Destro shines (Iskar, Socrethar, Xhul) you basically need to FnB Chaos Bolt, Havoc and Shadowburn more. On Socrethar you'd do well to be responsible for handling the Haunting Spirits, which would allow for that. On Xhul, there's plenty of encounter-specific advice in the last few pages of this thread that you can look at (pg. 22, #853). For all of these encounters, just make sure you have 3+ embers just before adds spawn and you need to start AoE with FnB CB. Also, check your opener because your first use of Dark Soul always seems a bit delayed.
    Last edited by Styxxa; 2016-01-03 at 10:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like I'm struggling with some of the finer points of Affliction in order to really maximize my damage. Can someone take a look at these few logs with a fine-toothed comb and help me identify some ways to squeeze some more damage out?

Fel Lord Zakuun

Tyrant Velhari

Thanks in advance.

I feel like I'm struggling with some of the finer points of Affliction in order to really maximize my damage. Can someone take a look at these few logs with a fine-toothed comb and help me identify some ways to squeeze some more damage out?

Fel Lord Zakuun

Tyrant Velhari

Thanks in advance.
    For Zakuun, i know its all about luck with trinket procs...once i got 3 DSI procs back to back on pull and was going 250k+ dps 1 min in to the fight easily with ilvl 730ish...2 more procs for u and u could end up with 30-50k more dps.
    For instance, this guy: Link to log got 5 procs in a 2min 18sec long fight and made 188k dps...

Havent gotten much experience with tyrant as affl so cant help u much at that, but i noticed i get better results using heirloom trinket compared to class trinket, but that might just be me using it in a wrong way...

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, thanks for that. Certainly luck could have been on my side a bit more - I did feel like I played quite well. But I probably have enough haste to use the Orb of Voidsight, which would in turn allow me to Drain Soul a lot more. That guy also had insane Voidsight uptime. The few times I played OoV on Zakuun I didn't maintain Haunting Spirits 100% but that was several weeks ago - our kill time is a bit faster now.

Still open to any feedback anybody else has.
    Last edited by Styxxa; 2016-01-07 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptolemay View Post
    Havent gotten much experience with tyrant as affl so cant help u much at that, but i noticed i get better results using heirloom trinket compared to class trinket, but that might just be me using it in a wrong way...
    It really depends on the fight length and ilvl of your trinkets. For example:

10+ Year Old Account
    That's obviously assuming DSI in the other trinket slot?

GSR post-valor clarification

Hey guys, I'm switching over to warlock from my spriest. Is GSR (700) inferior to 735 UgoS in most scenarios now? And would GSR (700) ever be used over OoV (BoA trinket) in a demon encounter?

Additionally, my guild doesn't do much lower M HFC anymore, and I don't have the M Kilrogg cloak. How does the Fel Lord cloak (740 no socket) compare to a cloak I got from a mythic dungeon, 730 ilvl 2/2? I'm asking specifically for destruction, but input on aff would be helpful as well I suppose. The stats are:

Fel Lord cloak:
    262 int
    249 haste
    100 multi

vs.

Dungeon cloak:
    238 int
    159 haste
    159 mastery

Thanks in advance.

Link to armory in case it's relevant to stat balance: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ckzzy/advanced
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...672916/latest/ Warlock logs
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...437974/latest/ Spriest logs
    Clickzzy <Akatsuki>-Kil'Jaeden Semi-hardcore progression guild.