Page 54 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's an instant right when they spawn that they're all clumped together right at the bottom of the stairs. If you have your 3 embers ready you can FnB CB them but from there just try to cleave shadowburns on the boss when cleaning them up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes that is exactly the timing, right when they are getting out of the portal pop all your shit and smack them with juicy F&B CB, epic ring explosion guaranteed. After that moment they either spread too thin or already dead because everyone is popping their AoE shit at that second and they like evaporate. Finish off the stragglers with Shadowburns.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-02-14 at 01:07 PM.

Okay boys, I'm back real quick. First night of M Archi (well, about 20 pulls. Half trying to 1 Doomfire)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...s=1799&wipes=1
    (I'm Gnomedeezy)

We start Lusting and trying to 1 Doomfire it on pull 12. We have a lot of work to do on our rotations, so here I am asking for pointers on how to squeeze any extra damage on my opener. I'm sure there will be some mistakes here and there, so if there's any trends you guys notice that'd be great.
    Last edited by Jondar; 2016-02-16 at 09:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just check the rest of this page as there's plenty of M Archi advice already - including opener, glyph choices, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Styxxa View Post
    Just check the rest of this page as there's plenty of M Archi advice already - including opener, glyph choices, etc.
    Sure thing, boss.

Hey, I'm looking to perfect my affliction gameplay. I'm parsing decently, but nothing close to ranking. I'd appreciate it if some experienced eyes could take a look.

I'm aware that Fel Rage and kill time are significant factors in ranking on Council, but I think I should be able to parse higher given my gear. Help? ;A;

10+ Year Old Account
    You've definitely got the kill time to push 200k+ but just requires a bit more luck on your side. I've seen 3-min parses with 7 DSI procs for 75% whereas you only had 3 for 28%. Fel Rage would help, but not necessary. Groups are also pushing Blademaster first now to get 2 Fel Rages which I think could help overall kill time.

Apart from that, the only thing I can recommend is that you don't use Soul Swap on the opener so you can have that shard for Haunt. Ideally you want to hardcast your DoTs and have a Haunt up on all 3 targets under BL and DS and then use Drain Soul to extend the Haunts on each target as best as you can (much easier said than done). You missed a Haunt on Blademaster the whole time under BL and you only Drain Souled on Gurtogg. Finally, some people find that GoSup with Imp is the way to go on that encounter, rather than GoSac.

You've definitely got the kill time to push 200k+ but just requires a bit more luck on your side. I've seen 3-min parses with 7 DSI procs for 75% whereas you only had 3 for 28%. Fel Rage would help, but not necessary. Groups are also pushing Blademaster first now to get 2 Fel Rages which I think could help overall kill time.

Apart from that, the only thing I can recommend is that you don't use Soul Swap on the opener so you can have that shard for Haunt. Ideally you want to hardcast your DoTs and have a Haunt up on all 3 targets under BL and DS and then use Drain Soul to extend the Haunts on each target as best as you can (much easier said than done). You missed a Haunt on Blademaster the whole time under BL and you only Drain Souled on Gurtogg. Finally, some people find that GoSup with Imp is the way to go on that encounter, rather than GoSac.
    I feel like you're losing a lot of damage during ring by manually dotting and haunting all 3 targets. Personally I (try to) apply manually to Jubei, haunt Jubei, swap to Gurt, haunt gurt, drain jubei, then apply to dia.

With mythic class trinket and lust up I find it rather challenging to maintain dots and refresh haunt with drain soul on all three targets. Perhaps I need to play faster. Thanks for the advice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed. As I said, "ideally" and easier said than done.

Hey sup again. So we've been working on heroic archi and while I feel like I have a decent grasp on what I'm supposed to be doing, I'm hoping someone could look at the logs and tell me how I could really refine what I'm doing to be a bit more competitive with my guildies. Unfortunately I don't have a log of a kill, so a 6% wipe is gonna be as close as it gets :/. Any advice on how I can squeeze out as much extra damage with my gear as I can would be greatly appreciated, though I do have some specific questions to ask as well:

2nd doomfire seems like it takes a while to die, and while I know it's not as big of a deal on heroic to have a little extra fire, should I be using my second darksoul on getting it out faster?

Another doomfire related question. Without glyph of havoc is it possible to pre havoc so I can manage more than one duplicated chaos bolt on archi and the doomfire or is there not enough time on the cooldown?

Finally for the dreadstalkers/overfiends in phase 2, should I focus more on fire and brimstone or just havoc cb/sb spamming?

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvinick/simple

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&fight=22

Thanks in advance guys.

Hey guys! Looking for some help on 3 of our locks- Having difficulty providing a decent write up since I can't link armories or logs yet. Is there anyway to post links without...posting links?

Quote Originally Posted by oopskitty View Post
    Hey guys! Looking for some help on 3 of our locks- Having difficulty providing a decent write up since I can't link armories or logs yet. Is there anyway to post links without...posting links?
    Add spaces and stuff in the link

10+ Year Old Account
    Just name the players or the guild. We can search on WCL

Ok hopefully these people are easy to find- We have a massive guild with 7 mythic teams so finding logs might be confusing at first.

My team is currently progressing on M Mannoroth and we have 3 locks that we are swapping between for our pulls. I was wondering if you guys could take a look at their gear and logs and fill me in on what they seem to be missing? I haven't kept up with Demonology since pre HFC (or destro really) so I'm quite out of the loop when it comes to trinkets/handing mechanics and CDs.

1. The first is Bottlefed US-Proudmoore Eternal Kingdom (Zealot team logs)- recently obtained ring after re-rolling from ret. I believe he has been playing destro as he isn't very comfortable playing demonology yet.

Logs dated 2/17 Zealot Mythic we have bottlefed in on our best pull
    pull 12

2. Second up is Valmordin US-Proudmoore Eternal Kingdom (Zealot Team logs) recently joined our team, no ring yet but is a very quick learner and improving his dps week to week. Is playing demo

Logs from our attempts 2/18 pull 21 one of our better attempts for that evening

3. Soulwax US Proudmoore Eternal Kingdom (Zealot team logs) fully upgraded ring- new to our team as well, playing demo primarily for this fight
    Pulls from 2/18 attempt 25 have Soulwax present in them

As you can see, throughout pulls our locks seem to be lowest on damage, I don't have enough knowledge on demo or even destro on this fight to be able to break down logs to determine what is missing or what could be improved. Any help would be appreciated!
    Last edited by oopskitty; 2016-02-20 at 07:39 PM.

Alot of the time demo looks like its doing bad dps on M Mano is because they are doing cataclysm too late then only getting 1 chaos wave off. Also not using Felstorm hurts dps.
    But the #1 thing I think is wrong with you logs is that your dps is doing too much aoe dps to imps, if people were more focused on boss damage you would push phases faster leading to less mechanics needing to be done.

Honestly if your warlocks arent good at demo they should just play affliction on this fight and help push boss. Since you have so much aoe dps in the form of pretty decent warrior+2 shamans+lolret.

Example:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&target=64
    your "best" pull close to kill would have been a kill if destro was affliction or if people did more single target dps.
    Last edited by Cornix0; 2016-02-20 at 10:16 PM.

At this point, u are better off just going destro on mannaroth imo...if u play properly u can own the imps and infernal damage easily. I usually get 2 aoe chaos bolts off outside ring and heroism and its enough to kill the imps or get the low enough to get some nice havoc shadowburns off on the boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO, Destruction on Mannoroth is pretty much the best, whole point of Demo there is really AoE, since it's frikkin' awesome at burst AoE and frikkin' terrible at everything else nowadays.

Destruction can AoE burst like mad as well AND it is awesome at killing other adds AND it has better single target compared to Demo AND you are indestructible in the last phase with Voidwalker sac and HP boost cooldown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantombox View Post
    Hey sup again. So we've been working on heroic archi and while I feel like I have a decent grasp on what I'm supposed to be doing, I'm hoping someone could look at the logs and tell me how I could really refine what I'm doing to be a bit more competitive with my guildies. Unfortunately I don't have a log of a kill, so a 6% wipe is gonna be as close as it gets :/. Any advice on how I can squeeze out as much extra damage with my gear as I can would be greatly appreciated, though I do have some specific questions to ask as well:

2nd doomfire seems like it takes a while to die, and while I know it's not as big of a deal on heroic to have a little extra fire, should I be using my second darksoul on getting it out faster?

Another doomfire related question. Without glyph of havoc is it possible to pre havoc so I can manage more than one duplicated chaos bolt on archi and the doomfire or is there not enough time on the cooldown?

Finally for the dreadstalkers/overfiends in phase 2, should I focus more on fire and brimstone or just havoc cb/sb spamming?

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvinick/simple

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&fight=22

Thanks in advance guys.
    I wouldn't glyph Havoc on heroic so you can use it more throughout the encounter. Yes, you can pre-cast it. Generally you want to put it on the boss ~10s before an add spawns so you can copy a CB straight away and then cast Havoc again when it comes off cooldown and use it for 3x SB (or some variation of 3 spells). You can do this with the Infernals in the final phase as well.

Personally I'd be building 3+ embers and using my extra charge of DS on that 2nd Doomfire preferably with Havoc pre-casted on boss as mentioned.

In that try you cast 2 FnB CB for only 5 hits. In that case I would avoid it. Continue damaging the boss and try to Havoc + 3x SB on the Dreadstalkers.

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I've been getting confused about what trinkets to use. I've been reading a bunch online and opinions seem to differ significantly. My currently available trinkets are M DSI, M IRP, H FotDS, M DUT and the voidsight boa trinket.

I've been using the DSI for both specs on all of the fights so far. What would be your recommendations on which ones to use for affliction or destruction?

For affliction fights against demons, I've been using DSI and voidsight, but I'm not entirely sure if this is better than DSI with IRP, FOTDS, or DUT. On council I've been using FOTDS and DSI.

The three fights I'm most interested in are mythic socrethar as destruction (or should I run affliction here? - fewer dominators might mean that affliction is better?), tyrant as affliction (voidsight or fotds here?) and xhul as destro (been using DSI with IRP)