Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do you speak ill of the dead or not? Why?

Title says it all. Do you speak badly about those who have died or do you not as part of your ethical code? Why?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeno View Post
    Title says it all. Do you speak badly about those who have died or do you not as part of your ethical code? Why?
    Let me check my hard copy.....

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they were shit sure... I mean seriously what are they going to do, rise from the grave? /looks over shoulder.

"As soon as someone dies their slate is wiped clean, so I can only say good things about them." Yeah no.

Deleted
    I dunno, was Stalin really that bad?

Dead or alive (awesome band) if you were/are a bad person then speaking ill isn't so shocking. I have never really known anyone to die tbh but there are 1 or 2 people who I truly loath that I would probs speak ill of should they die before me, assuming someone brings their name up, tbh I would rather ignore the dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a level of respect you pay to the dead, but dying doesn't automatically absolve them of their flaws.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just because they're dead doesn't make them immune from you talking about how much of an asshole they were. Besides, they're either dead dead or chilling in some type of afterlife - I doubt they'll really care when they're having orgies in the sky.

I guess it depends on what kind of person they were.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course I do. Not to be mean or take potshots because they can't fight back, but just 'cause the fact that someone died doesn't mean that their history disappears.

When people ask me how my grandfather was, I'm not going to lie out of respect - I'm going to tell them just how big a dirtbag he was because that's who he was.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

I guess it depends on what kind of person they were.

What's the point of them being dead if you can't mock them
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. They're no longer a part of this world. I don't give them much consideration.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Deleted
    I don't just on the off chance that they come back as a zombie and go for me first.

That would be a bad situation "YOU SAID I WASN'T A DEDICATED EMPLOYEE, BRAAAAAINNNSSSS"

The dead can't hear us, boy

10+ Year Old Account
    Senator McCarthy was a cunt.

Does that answer your question?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Yes... but not to their face.

I will not say good OR bad things about someone in death. I believe that we all, inherently, strive to do good. And I mourn the life that an "evil" person must have gone through or the mental illness associated with them that would have allowed the most heinous of acts to happen, by their hand, in the name of the "greater good." Hell, even HITLER truly thought he was doing a GOOD thing for the rest of the world.

When everyone in my class at college starting shouting and cheering when the news came in that Bin Laden had been killed, I had to leave the room due to nausea.

I have incredible amounts of respect for Death in my life. I know that no matter how hard I try, I can never entirely outrun Death. I strive to do the best that I can in life, but I know that once that last breath is drawn, whatever happens afterwards is an entirely unknowable variable.

We're all capable of great evil, but at the same time, we're all capable of incredible good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    We're all capable of great evil, but at the same time, we're all capable of incredible good.
    Yes, and my auntie is capable of being my uncle if she pays for the surgery.

"Potential" is a really silly argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeno View Post
    It doesn't matter if they are dead or not, I say what ever I would have said if they were alive.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeakanice View Post
    If they were shit sure... I mean seriously what are they going to do, rise from the grave? /looks over shoulder.
    Look out, zombie Hitler is behind you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    My being kind of a dick has nothing to do with my political views.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I live in the US. My cucumbers come with labels that say, "Not for use by children under the age of 8. Do not feed the cucumber after midnight. Do not deep throat the cucumber. For external use only."