Thread: BM Stats

BM Stats

I am thoroughly confused as to how much of each stat I now 'require' as BM. I looked at AMR and got more confused as it's recommendations are quite different from what the patch changed me to (which left a lot of agility). I've seen a number of post replies stating that the AMR weights are wrong but I am still to see a post which suggests in what way they are wrong, why they are wrong or what they should be.

Can anyone help with those 3 or are the 'weights are wrong' statements purely guesswork?

Thanks
    Last edited by Clin; 2014-10-15 at 03:45 PM.

The weights on EJ's BM guide are mined by running all possible gear profiles. I ran a fresh one last night, but I didn't have time to post the new results for SV, BM and MM on a 4 minute fight this morning. I'll post the newer results after I get home from work. Stat weights will definitely not change by then but BiS will change slightly with changes.

http://forums.elitistjerks.com/topic...astmastery-60/

I'm pretty much confused as well still. Pretty much every ''expert'' says it something else. Elitistjerks is working with Sims, but Blizzard only recently stated that the Sims are totally incorrect at the moment.

All stats (including Agility) appear to be almost on par with each other though, therefore the only thing I'm 99% sure about is that you should not be using Agility gems anymore. (As they give 5/10 agility compared to crit/mastery etc which gives 10/20 aka twice as much than agility).

Personally I'm sticking to Icy-Veins for now (which puts Haste on top after Agility).

Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    The weights on EJ's BM guide are mined by running all possible gear profiles. I ran a fresh one last night, but I didn't have time to post the new results for SV, BM and MM on a 4 minute fight this morning. I'll post the newer results after I get home from work. Stat weights will definitely not change by then but BiS will change slightly with changes.
    Yes, your guide. Missed your post as I was working on this one before you posted. What do you think about what Blizzard said about the Sims being incorrect?
    Last edited by Tisane; 2014-10-15 at 03:45 PM.

Thank you Effinhunter that would be a really great help.

Quote Originally Posted by Tisane View Post
    Yes, your guide. Missed your post as I was working on this one before you posted. What do you think about what Blizzard said about the Sims being incorrect?
    As far as I can tell, the sims are matching reality in game. Not just for our class, but almost all classes. I've been pouring over logs today trying to see deviations, and for the most part, I don't see any.

Our top IJ parse last night was by Barlenor (grats, btw!), and what he did matches what our sims were saying for 3-4 minute parses. 4 minute parses were expected to be ~16k for MM and it goes up slightly from there for 3 minute parses.

In the next few weeks, we'll see kill times move downward from top guilds and we should get a 17-18k parse soon, but other classes like mages will be closer to 25k. In T17M, unless they nerf MM, we should gain some ground with higher ilvl weapons. SV looks pretty good right now for WoD as well, but we're solidly middle of the pack throughout progression, if sims continue to hold, when we move into T17 N/H/M.

I wish I could say the sims were wrong in this case.

P.S. Overall rankings for MM can be an interesting view if you're curious: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings...c=Marksmanship
    Last edited by Effinhunter; 2014-10-15 at 04:33 PM.