Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[Movie] DC cinematic universe

Hey guys,

Deadline revealed that "Warner Bros. dropped a dazzling reveal of their DC superhero blockbuster plan in a shareholder meeting Wednesday morning, announcing the ten tentpoles coming through 2020", which are:

“Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” directed by Zack Snyder (2016)
    “Suicide Squad,” directed by David Ayer (2016)
    “Wonder Woman,” starring Gal Gadot (2017)
    “Justice League Part One,” directed by Zack Snyder, with Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, and Amy Adams
    “The Flash,” starring Ezra Miller (2018)
    “Aquaman,” starring Jason Momoa (2018)
    “Shazam” (2019)
    “Justice League Part Two,” directed by Zack Snyder (2019)
    “Cyborg,” starring Ray Fisher (2020)
    “Green Lantern” (2020)

Well, we already have an old thread about Batman v Superman but I think it's now time to open a multi-thread for DC news. Some of these dates are nothing new but it's interesting that for example Shazam is slated for 2019 even though we already got the Black Adam/ The Rock confirmation.

I am curious who will be in the Suicide Squad but without Harley my expectation will be zero (why waste such an opportunity?)

I don't know Ezra Miller but based on google pictures I think he looks nothing like Barry Allen (if he will be Barry). Momoa is also nothing new but still makes me kind of sad.

Also interesting that they don't have a new Batman movie (no need for the Batfamily apparently) or any sequel. Maybe they took notes from the recent development of Spiderman and are too afraid to go on with him in a stand alone movie. Although there are still so many stories about Batman too tell

There's no way they're afraid of making a Batman movie after Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy. They could squeeze in a Batman movie somewhere, but he's already in at least BvS, Justice League 1 and Justice League 2, so it's not like he'll be missing.

Why is Harley so important to you for Suicide Squad, exactly?

They weren't sure if Man of Steel would be part of the DCU a little over an year ago, and BvS was supposed to be Man of Steel 2. A lot has changed since then, so this entire thing is counting on BvS being phenomenal, which it totally has the potential of being. Some people are cynical for various reasons, but the fact that Warner Brothers is willing to go all in and apparently spend billions in marketing this thing every year shows that they've got faith in it, and if they have faith enough to put so much into it, who am I to not have faith too?

The movies by DC have come a long way from the days of rubber nipples. I for one am excited to see how this ends up. It could turn out to be a tremendous failure overall, but I think they've learned their mistakes from the past and have seen what works best in superhero movies from Marvel's successes. That being said, if they keep to the formula they have when it comes to their animated movies, I think they will be OK. DC's animated movies have all been pretty great in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clubsoda View Post
    Have to mention that I reported you, there's absolutely retarded major spoiler in your signature field.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should of planned this out IN THE FIRST PLACE!!! Putting Batman in Dawn of Justice before having some kind of establishment in the cinematic universe.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    They should of planned this out IN THE FIRST PLACE!!! Putting Batman in Dawn of Justice before having some kind of establishment in the cinematic universe.
    maybe they did have it planed out, on a napkin somewhere. Something like if MoS does well we will make this this and that and connect then via this thing and that thing...
    Anyway looking forward to the movies, there can never be too many superhero movies out there

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It's really clever to do a Opposite-Marvel. Introduce all these characters into the universe so people get to know them, and then make solo films afterward. Everybody knows Superman and Batman, the rest of the bunch doesn't really have the same cinematic hotness. Having Batman vs Superman gets people to the theater, and having a bit of Wonder Woman and such in it makes sure all these people know the character and recognizes her when her movie arrives the year after.

Deleted
    Why is Harley so important to you for Suicide Squad, exactly?
    I think Warner would benefit from her huge popularity (personality ) and she would bring some much needed dark humor to the DC movies. I liked Man of Steel but it could have needed more fun moments. Overall, the story was quite dry IMO. They don't need to be Marvel, but Nolan's Batmans always had some chuckle moments and I was missing them (except for the one scene where Clark tries to fly). Don't need comic relief but we are talking about Superman. Also with Harley, it would still be dark, twisted humor which would fit in this universe They don't need to introduce a new Joker, just make a reference.

Introduce all these characters into the universe so people get to know them, and then make solo films afterward.
    Based on the schedule, I have the impression that the Justice League will only feature DC's trinity. Maybe we get to see Flash and Aquaman in the first JL movie but for now, that's open to debate. For Aquaman, it's probably more likely that he is in if he is already in Batman v Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocktan View Post
    Based on the schedule, I have the impression that the Justice League will only feature DC's trinity. Maybe we get to see Flash and Aquaman in the first JL movie but for now, that's open to debate. For Aquaman, it's probably more likely that he is in if he is already in Batman v Superman.
    Not sure about Flash or Green Lantern, but I believe Cyborg is also in BvS. But we'll see.

Also, apparently Warner Bros are trying to get these four for Suicide Squad: Will Smith, Ryan Gosling, Tom Hardy and Margot Robbie. Whether it's true, or if they will get them, remains to be seen.

I don't know much about the Suicide Squad, but unless there is another female in the squad, I assume Margot Robbie would play Harley Quinn. Ryan Gosling looks like a perfect match for Deadshot.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2014-10-16 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Not sure about Flash or Green Lantern, but I believe Cyborg is also in BvS. But we'll see.

Also, apparently Warner Bros are trying to get these four for Suicide Squad: Will Smith, Ryan Gosling, Tom Hardy and Margot Robbie. Whether it's true, or if they will get them, remains to be seen.

I don't know much about the Suicide Squad, but unless there is another female in the squad, I assume Margot Robbie would play Harley Quinn. Ryan Gosling looks like a perfect match for Deadshot.
    The Suicide Squad has had a fuck ton of members. Like 30+. Could also be Amanda Waller.

This reeks of desperation, IMO. Almost as if they're so scared to fall further behind Marvel Studios that they're rushing everything to try and gain some ground.

Quote Originally Posted by KClovesGaming View Post
    This reeks of desperation, IMO. Almost as if they're so scared to fall further behind Marvel Studios that they're rushing everything to try and gain some ground.
    Studios don't get ready to spend billions and go all in like this in desperation. If the movies are great, their battle plan is pretty darn sound.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KClovesGaming View Post
    If they do it otherwise people will just say DC's so slow and should learn from Marvel. It's a lose-lose choice.

Deleted
    @ Arrowstormen

Totally forgot about Cyborg, I think you're right. Really excited about the batman v superman plot. Sure, it will adapt elements from Dark Knight returns but what about Luther and how will the other heroes be introduced?

Margot Robbie. Always assumed she's way older but she's born in 1990. But I don't except these rumors to be true.

With his recent debut on Arrow, I hope Suicide Squad will also feature Death Stroke.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aside from DCs desperate attempt at catching up anyone else notice Green Lantern is at the end of that list?

- - - Updated - - -

@ Arrowstormen

Totally forgot about Cyborg, I think you're right. Really excited about the batman v superman plot. Sure, it will adapt elements from Dark Knight returns but what about Luther and how will the other heroes be introduced?

Margot Robbie. Always assumed she's way older but she's born in 1990. But I don't except these rumors to be true.

With his recent debut on Arrow, I hope Suicide Squad will also feature Death Stroke.
    Id be interested in teh "fight" if Superman just super speeds him into past but its 18-34 they want so there wont be blood or broken bones and tehy wont kill Batman off and its Batman so he'll probably win. Really, why hope for a fight uv seen a dozen times before w/ nary a plot twist?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Studios don't get ready to spend billions and go all in like this in desperation. If the movies are great, their battle plan is pretty darn sound.
    Thats hardly a plan, its a hope young males will want to see an action movie and the GL movie's failure shows thats doesnt automatically work.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    — Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by lokinrond713 View Post
    Aside from DCs desperate attempt at catching up anyone else notice Green Lantern is at the end of that list?

- - - Updated - - -

Id be interested in teh "fight" if Superman just super speeds him into past but its 18-34 they want so there wont be blood or broken bones and tehy wont kill Batman off and its Batman so he'll probably win. Really, why hope for a fight uv seen a dozen times before w/ nary a plot twist?

- - - Updated - - -

Thats hardly a plan, its a hope young males will want to see an action movie and the GL movie's failure shows thats doesnt automatically work.
    The Green Lantern movie had a lot of issues and made mistakes that I don't think big budget superhero movies will make these days. They combined 3 different villains into one for no real reason, and I think the narrative suffered immensely for it.

Also, I would love to see just one scene in Dawn of Justice that's like this.

The bat fans would all be flabbergasted.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    The Green Lantern movie had a lot of issues and made mistakes that I don't think big budget superhero movies will make these days. They combined 3 different villains into one for no real reason, and I think the narrative suffered immensely for it.

Also, I would love to see just one scene in Dawn of Justice that's like this.

Cant tell if blind faith or bad at thinking things through....

And ugh, that movie couldnt stop shilling batman.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    — Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by lokinrond713 View Post
    Cant tell if blind faith or bad at thinking things through....

And ugh, that movie couldnt stop shilling batman.
    If in Man of Steel, Zod was also Darkseid and Brainiac and it didn't tell any of their backstories correctly, but instead was some strange amalgamation of them all, then I'd say that DC is doomed to repeat the mistakes of the Green Lantern movie.

Also, that movie was a great portrayal of Batman. It showed his strengths and his weaknesses exceptionally well and he does some amazing things in War. And he even still has his plot defying super haxx that Batman is known for by this point. No one else could have rescued Superman, and the way he threw together that disguise in like 3 seconds later in the movie was just badass. He totally hacks when he takes off Green Lantern's ring, as that's supposed to be impossible without overpowering the ring itself, but he's Batman so he can just do that.

That movie shows Batman's fighting skills, his detective skills, his stealth skills and his leadership skills while also not forgetting that sometimes he's just the goddamn Batman so he wins by default. It's my favorite portrayal of Batman in non comic book media, which isn't surprising because it's practically taken scene by scene from the comics.

Only major difference is they replaced Aquaman with Shazam so they could set up the next movie easier.

Deleted
    New rumors about the Suicide Squad: Leto is being eyed for the Joker whereas Margot Robbie will play Harley.

Robbie certainly is a real hottie and I think that she's up for the task. Leto is an interesting choice but especially due to his long hairs, I immediately had to think of Ledger. Sure, it's not a big deal to cut his hair and Leto is definitely able to dig into a role (did not directly recognize him in Dallas Buyers Club) but because they established an older Bruce Wayne, I rather wanted to see an older Joker as well. William Dafoe :P

New rumors about the Suicide Squad: Leto is being eyed for the Joker whereas Margot Robbie will play Harley.

Robbie certainly is a real hottie and I think that she's up for the task. Leto is an interesting choice but especially due to his long hairs, I immediately had to think of Ledger. Sure, it's not a big deal to cut his hair and Leto is definitely able to dig into a role (did not directly recognize him in Dallas Buyers Club) but because they established an older Bruce Wayne, I rather wanted to see an older Joker as well. William Dafoe :P
    Well you know what they say, smiling keeps you young!

Deleted
    After your post I had to directly imagine Mark Hamill's legendary Joker laugh