Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Restoring Deleted Characters

Has anyone heard any feedback of some sorts of any kind lol of when this feature is being released I want to restore my lock from vanilla.

Blizzard has been quiet on this since patch day.

its on there for me, but i cant find my mage from Wrath.

It was brought down for a bit, but as Tarutak said it's been re-enabled and can be found near the bottom of the character selection screen.

Although characters that are over level 50 will likely stay around indefinitely, that's not the case with lower level characters, and the lower they are the sooner they are purged from the system. Once they are purged, they will not be displayed in the undeletion list and cannot be restored.

@Tarutak, if you believe your character was over level 50, please let us know through the options down near the bottom of the following page so that we can take a direct look at the account. Thx!

Still unavailable. EU. Common. -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if my old toon Dalran - my first toon ever - is still around to be found...

Edit: Nope

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly the feature doesn't seem to work at all. None of the deleted characters on my first server (all 70-80) are available to restore. One had a now-unobtainable mount that I was hoping to get back, alas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Sadly the feature doesn't seem to work at all. None of the deleted characters on my first server (all 70-80) are available to restore. One had a now-unobtainable mount that I was hoping to get back, alas.
    I was surprised that the only character I could restore was a naked hunter I had created...I don't even remember when. That's it.

For me, it only show 3 characters eliminated more or less recently. I was hoping to restore my first char (nelf rogue, lvl 60) and my vainilla-tbc char (undead mage, lvl 70), but no luck.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Feature's up but horribly broken right now. From the official forums I've so far seen problems of....

* Characters deleted pre-6.0.2 not showing up.

* Characters whose name got recycled BY YOU not showing up.

* Characters showing up, but giving you an error when undeleted and incurring the 30-day penalty.

* No characters showing up.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    EU here, feature is grayed out. Has been since the beginning of the patch. Would love to get an ETA on this, if possible. Itching to restore some of them old toons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Update: I submitted a ticket at the link Araxom provide above and Blizzard CS has already gotten the character I wanted restored, so you guys should try that if you haven't. Thanks Araxom!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Update: I submitted a ticket at the link Araxom provide above and Blizzard CS has already gotten the character I wanted restored, so you guys should try that if you haven't. Thanks Araxom!
    Tried it, still waiting....

Edit: 10 minutes later, restored.
    Last edited by Slowpoke is a Gamer; 2014-10-17 at 07:06 PM.

Deleted
    3 days and still no word on the restoration

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Utterly gutted with this feature its such a good idea but the main flaw. A lot of my old toons had names from year 1 meaning I reused the name for other classes
    making the feature of restoring totally pointless,. If you have a character with the same name as a deleted toon it wont allow you to restore. It seems crazy allowing such a good feature but then if you have a name clash that stops the process dead.

Question - could we restore a character TO A DIFFERENT SERVER, if the current server is full?

I understand the potential paid realm transfer service transfer conflict here, but -

1. We can use undelete only once every 30 days. Surely that wouldn't mean a huge $ loss for Blizzard...

2. We could restore to a different server only once the current one is at 11 characters (you could even check their level, i.e. only enable feature for really FULL high level character lists, e.g. 11 level 50+).
    HORRIFIC VISIONS SOLO - CASUAL GEAR

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3v...fz8ZVIrd4sOgvw

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toro S View Post
    Question - could we restore a character TO A DIFFERENT SERVER, if the current server is full?

I understand the potential paid realm transfer service transfer conflict here, but -

1. We can use undelete only once every 30 days. Surely that wouldn't mean a huge $ loss for Blizzard...

2. We could restore to a different server only once the current one is at 11 characters (you could even check their level, i.e. only enable feature for really FULL high level character lists, e.g. 11 level 50+).
    Don't think you can restore to a new server.

At the very least the system is not designed to do that right now.

So from what I saw, you can't restore characters, which were deleted before Cata. I deleted lv85 mage some time at start of Cataclysm and was able to restore it. But I wasn't able to restore lv80 warlock and lv76ish paladin, who were deleted in WotLK.

I don't think I've seen conformation anywhere of how far back the restore can go. Has anyone got is to restore pre-MoP?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay for being EU. We get everything a bit later. I just want to find out what characters I could actually restore.