Deleted

Youtube + Twitch , Attracting Viewers?

Hello,

I have a Youtube account and recently started streaming a bit on Twitch. My video editing skills are not fantastic so my videos are usually just raw footage put together. Generally of different aspects of PVP along with some trolling and fun stuff. Generally I've gotten a good reception from them and people enjoyed them.

On Twitch I seem to find a lot of random people popping into the channel and just having a chat which I really enjoy.

Both accounts are slowly growing but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to reach a bigger audience? I don't want to just go around spamming links to my channel on throwaway accounts. I made a twitter account to reach more people with similar interests and I advertise the new videos on there.

Have any of you guys got Youtube accounts or Twitch accounts with many viewers? If so, how did you attract them?

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    The only real option now is being Female. Otherwise, giveaways.
    WoW Moderator and Staff Editor at Stratics-WoW!
    http://wow.stratics.com/ - A World of Warcraft Fansite dedicated to lively opinions on the important topics within the game.
    Co-owner of AcegamesTV!
    https://www.youtube.com/acegamestv - A general gaming network focused on high quality variety content!

Deleted
    If you want to create a viewership on Twitch then set a schedule and stick to it. If you stream a set amount of hours every day you'll not only get random viewers browsing - you'll build up regulars who view at those times and get to know you. They'll start to feel loyal to you and they'll tell their friends and you'll get word of mouth. But if you just stream now and again and hours all over the place you'll never build up the regular/loyal viewers and only get the randoms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsimp View Post
    Check this out, I think it will help!

That looks pretty interesting, I'll check it out

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    word of mouth, As much as I don't like towelliee, He got the dedicated viewer count he has now by frequenting forums and advertising himself. For some reason though, It's some sort of taboo to advertise yourself when I'm sure all the big names have done it when they were trying to get big.

Also, it's a lot of luck.

Also, and I hate to admit this, if you are a girl with any amount of beauty to you you will get views a lot quicker. Of course that is not there fault, it's guys who somehow think they are getting something out of watching a girl be terrible at games (and I don't assume all women are bad at games).

Deleted
    it also depends on what games you play i suppose.

It's probably best to start off with older games that are still popular, where you can be the channel with most views, aka the nr1 position for that game, easier, which also helps attract viewers. If you play a game like dark souls/amnesia/skyrim you can quite often be in the top few channels with just a few dozen viewers, and if you have a shedule and interact with your chat, you will bulid up some regulars. Once you have a few dozen regulars, and they folllow you around when you stream the flavor of the month game, your channel won't be put in like place 50th on the page, but like 10-20th on the twitch page instead, which helps a lot i think.

Quote Originally Posted by MetroStratics View Post
    The only real option now is being Female. Otherwise, giveaways.
    Lame.

Dont try and force yourself onto people if u have what it takes you will get ppl watching.

It doesnt matter if ur a girl or give away stuff or are a 10 time rank 1 gladiator....u need the personality.

Just look at how many girls stream and dont get barely any viewers, just look at how many amazing players dont get any viewers ...just look at how many people who do give aways still get shit all viewers. Personality > everything.

Basically don't try and trick people into watching you. Thats not how you get a proper viewer base. Just stream as much as you can all the time doing anything you want. Make sure to stream everyday, be yourself, don't try to be someone you're not. If you stream for 6 months straight on a daily basis and still haven't built a decent viewership than you're probably not interesting enough as a person.
    Last edited by Sussex; 2014-10-19 at 12:14 AM.

Jump on the next big name game when it releases and pray you can get somewhere in the top 10 streamers of that game. Build your following from there, do giveaways, be entertaining(this is number one thing to do) and if you are female, wear low cut tops and hope you are at least average looking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    If you want to create a viewership on Twitch then set a schedule and stick to it. If you stream a set amount of hours every day you'll not only get random viewers browsing - you'll build up regulars who view at those times and get to know you. They'll start to feel loyal to you and they'll tell their friends and you'll get word of mouth. But if you just stream now and again and hours all over the place you'll never build up the regular/loyal viewers and only get the randoms.
    Haven't seen you post in Gen-OT for donkeys

OnT what the mod says!

10+ Year Old Account
    Three words! Low cut top.

Deleted
    Thanks for the replies everyone, so i'm planning on just streaming now on a schedule and advertising in trade and inviting viewers to take part in order to interact with them more.

Appreciate the replies

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    If you want to create a viewership on Twitch then set a schedule and stick to it. If you stream a set amount of hours every day you'll not only get random viewers browsing - you'll build up regulars who view at those times and get to know you. But if you just stream now and again and hours all over the place you'll never build up the regular/loyal viewers and only get the randoms.
    DEFINITELY this. There are two guys I like to follow on Twitch, but they NEVER use a schedule. They stream at completely random times. Due to that I often (if not most of the time) miss their streams, and therefor they lack a growing audience (and finances, if you care about that.) (And yes, I know followers can get notified, but I cba with the spam it causes.)

OP, you sound like a promising streamer

Good luck!