Guardian vs Brewmaster... is Guardian Fun?

See title. I'm leveling both a Monk and a Druid and I'm trying to figure out how much fun Guardian is for WoD. I haven't touched a Druid since BC, but my impression had always been fairly inactive mitigation, based entirely on armor and passive dodge. I know Brewmasters need to deal with active mitigation like Shuffle.

Any depth to Guardian tanking at all?

Thanks in advance...

Similar to a warrior in that you can either mitigate physical damage(increase your dodge) or mitigate all damage (heal yourself) - so if you're familiar with warrior tanking then jumping into a druid isn't a big deal. Monk is more complex, but a lot more fun - guard, self heals and shuffle add a fair bit of complexity to it. I don't care for the "hit this button or that one" so I prefer monks or death knights to druids and warriors, but you should try them both. I thought I'd hate the monk until I played it, now I really enjoy it. GL

10+ Year Old Account
    yes, really enjoying 6.02 SoO and WoD looks even better getting pulverize at l100
    Victoria Aut Mors

Quote Originally Posted by Maulis425 View Post
    Similar to a warrior in that you can either mitigate physical damage(increase your dodge) or mitigate all damage (heal yourself) - so if you're familiar with warrior tanking then jumping into a druid isn't a big deal. Monk is more complex, but a lot more fun - guard, self heals and shuffle add a fair bit of complexity to it. I don't care for the "hit this button or that one" so I prefer monks or death knights to druids and warriors, but you should try them both. I thought I'd hate the monk until I played it, now I really enjoy it. GL
    Part of my desire to try a Druid was for the 'pure' hybrid of damage/heal/tank. Paladins seem rather prolific. I want to tank, but in my guild I suspect I will be the one to falling on the 'healing' sword so I wanted to position an alt that could do it either healing or tanking. Damage is a given.

With the spec-adaptive gear I'm less concerned about committing to a specific role, just a class that can do both.

If you are a tank who is also the Raid Lead, I think it is important to be able to pay attention to your mates, the positioning of the raid and overall awareness of what's happening around you. Why I don't mind for the Guardian to have a little less complex(deep?) gameplay that allows me to pay attention to other things. It feels to me like the Monk plays more like a DPS where you have to track down lots of different mechanics and timers to be as effective as a Druid.
    I like the 6.0 guardian much, it is more dynamic than before with less CDs on our major skills too.

Luckily you can do any of the above with both the Druid and Monk. Truly the best information I can provide is to try them both, you never know what you'll like. I prefer Monk tanking but Druid healing - I'm sure others can offer different perspectives and experiences. Also, I've been playing a Druid since BC times so I've seen the evolution of the Druid and have experience in all roles and can tell you that reading about a spec doesn't do it justice. As with anything, your experience (and enjoyment!) are what matter most. Give them a shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Druid is the only tank I like now, got best self healing out of all tanks (my meaning), but try both classes yourself to find out what you like.

You just have to try both Monk and Druid tanking to make an informed decision, as everyone has their own reasons for picking one over the other.

I've found the biggest factors from my guildmates being energy vs rage and the rotation/AM. While I main a Guardian and pull my hair out on my Brewmaster, our Bremaster tank pulls out his hair when using a Guardian. While we can both use each class, we both love our respective mains for various reasons that we cannot find or find lacking in the other's class.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Findus707 View Post
    Druid is the only tank I like now, got best self healing out of all tanks (my meaning), but try both classes yourself to find out what you like.
    Really? I can't find any info on how frenzied regeneration scales but it used to be pretty crappy without a lot of vengeance. What makes you say this?

Deleted
    FR is the only way you can really spend rage, so it is effectively always ready. Guard requires Chi which you can definitely have a lack of as well as having a CD. FR obviously is reliant on resolve, but then so is guard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NotAddicted View Post
    FR is the only way you can really spend rage
    Empowered Maul, Savage Defense this is NotAddicted / NotAddicted this is Empowered Maul, Savage Defense.............

Learn to love them
    Victoria Aut Mors

So far, I'm not enjoying all the changes to the tanks. Less damage, less survivability, less buttons, overall less less less. As for the Monk and druid. Well, I can certainly tell you from my experience and my buddies, the monk tank takes a LOT more dmg and has less survivability cd's but does good damage while the Druid has a lot better survivability but less damage. Kinda have to pick an choose which route you'd like. Better tanking, less dmg or better dmg, less tanking. Of course these are just from what I have noticed having all 5 tanks. It also depends on if you can deal with looking at a bear and not seeing how your gear looks. I know the Druid for me is fun but 1 thing that kind of turned me off from playing mine more is the fact that I enjoy looking at cool looking gear so bear form hurts that