Thread: Is priest fun?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is priest fun?

Hey.
    I've got 55 priest. I'm planning to play disci/shadow, don't know what will be main spec, but I think I'll pick disci. But... is priest fun as of 6.0? Did they add or remove something? Is druid a better choice to play?

I happen to have a 90 Druid and despite my best efforts, I just cant enjoy the class very much. Its hard to answer your question because it is subjective. As far as healing go, Druids and Priests are going to very strong, with Priests almost always having a top heal spec. Priest is fun, especially with gear.

Can someone explain to me where all of shadowpriests selfhealing went?

Quote Originally Posted by Schinto View Post
    Can someone explain to me where all of shadowpriests selfhealing went?
    Into DP/VE.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerbz View Post
    Into DP/VE.
    Is that on par with, for example, ret paladin healing?

Priest over-all is fun, at least for me it is! Going to be playing Holy as my main spec for warlords, played holy on beta at 100 it's a total blast imo.

Disc is still pretty fun for what it is thought I've never really liked the spec that much, mostly because I like to heal damage, not prevent it.

Not much to say about shadow though, it's going to purely be a "solo" spec for me, so questions/farming/old raids.

If i didnt main a druid i would main a priest in a heart beat. i think they are so fun to play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    Hey.
    [...] But... is priest fun as of 6.0? Did they add or remove something? Is druid a better choice to play?
    It all depends on what style you like to play. Stay on your priest until you are level capped and have done some raiding. Then evaluate your class.

Quote Originally Posted by Schinto View Post
    Is that on par with, for example, ret paladin healing?
    Haven't seen enough of lv100 content to have a good idea but from what I know shadow is inferior to all other healer dps hybrids AND a few non-healer hybrids as well (coughDK)

@beta people feel free to call me a dumbass, I probably am

Quote Originally Posted by Annesh View Post
    @beta people feel free to call me a dumbass, I probably am
    No need to call anyone names. Glyphed VE is a pretty strong healing CD in a raid environment (for a DPS spec) and it's probably situationally much better than e.g. druid healing talents. Keep in mind too that DPS druids no longer have tranq, DPS shamans no longer have HTT, ret paladins no longer have Devo aura. So as far as off-healing goes, we're ok.

As for the OT's question: Yes!!! Priests are fun!
    Last edited by Dierdre; 2014-11-06 at 06:40 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can only speak on Shadow vs Balance, because I am only familiar with these 2 specs.

I thoroughly enjoyed playing as Shadow, getting from 27-90 in less than 10 days, looking forward to every moment that I can spare to play.
    I struggled to level Balance from 80-81, really really not enjoying their yoyo mechanic. I abandoned trying to level Balance 2 days ago.

Shadow priest as a caster damage dealer is possibly the best, considering their streamlined rotation. Only other caster dps I can play and have fun after playing shadow priest is warlock; I can't stand dumb pukey gameplay of mages; ele shammies are a RNG mess; and balance druids are just a bad hybrid of shadow and mage both - just like other druid specs, resto being bad copy of Holy priest, feral being a bad copy of Rogue and guardian being a bad copy of a Prot warrior.

Not to mention always having two (!!) different gameplay-wise healing specs.

So yes, priests are fun. Welcome to the club, and never waste your time on druids.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    Shadow is a very bad choice if you only dps. This game has a hybrid tax, whatever the official word will tell you. This is because whatever their strategy is, the hybrid tax will be inevitable since they always try to balance numbers (i.e. they can't make shadow too good, ever because then you'll have way too many assets on the whole class).

This class in reality is very special.

I agree with druids being avg.

Healing on a Druid is funn however my main is a holy priest and i am having way more fun on priest.
    As mentioned before its all subjective at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

Deleted
    I find priest a lot of fun. I think it's the most engaging lore and the whole 'style' draws me in. Gameplay I'm not sure I could say, recently I've been finding all of the roles homogenized beyond recognition. Priest isn't better or worse than any of my other casters (I don't have them ALL). Although I do enjoy it more than non dot classes and melee, so I guess that's something ^^

priest is not fun, it is a serious class to play. you are the spiritual leader of your community and most skilled healer of your warriors. you cant even compare us to druids who smell animal fur and shit. do not bother to join our community cause obviously you are not on that level yet.

Additionally a shadow priest means "a regular healer in whose raiding guild filled all priest healer spots so the poor guy had to play dps"... there is no shadow priest main in this world and never will be. Now I see a lot of ppl keep saying "I am gonna make my priest shadow as main on next expansion cause it got BUFFED", go play druids like the OP please leave our priest community as it is.....

Is a shadowpriest good/decent for soloing old content?

Lets say.. compared to a rogue for example? (OP leeching poison)

I'm having serious trouble choosing a main between a rogue and priest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripax View Post
    Is a shadowpriest good/decent for soloing old content?

Lets say.. compared to a rogue for example? (OP leeching poison)

I'm having serious trouble choosing a main between a rogue and priest.
    I would say rogue at 90 and a shadow priest at 100 due to not needing to worry about shadow orbs for devouring plague heal+ ability to range.

Quote Originally Posted by lifebinderx View Post
    priest is not fun, it is a serious class to play. you are the spiritual leader of your community and most skilled healer of your warriors. you cant even compare us to druids who smell animal fur and shit. do not bother to join our community cause obviously you are not on that level yet.

Additionally a shadow priest means "a regular healer in whose raiding guild filled all priest healer spots so the poor guy had to play dps"... there is no shadow priest main in this world and never will be. Now I see a lot of ppl keep saying "I am gonna make my priest shadow as main on next expansion cause it got BUFFED", go play druids like the OP please leave our priest community as it is.....
    wow got out of bed with the wrong foot today have we?
    besides if you have no fun in the class you play i suggest you play something else instead.

Shadow is perfectly fine to play as main i have done so countless times.
    I suggest people like you remove them selfs from the community as your not really an improvement to it

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

Deleted
    As weird as it sounds I think priests are way more fun than druids. Weird considering that druid is the most hybrid and flexible class of the game.

But balance druid feels dumb to me,the whole yoyo rotation with eclipse is annoying and despite the amount of fun abilities like the treants,vortex,etc...it still feels boring to me.
    Feral is a good dps but the gameplay is too slow compared to rogue.
    Guardian I don't care and resto druids seems to be the only fun spec for druids.