Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Did they spend the gnome hunter money on hiring Metallica?

Lost in never never land.
    I'm sure Activision has some deal with Metallica. They see to always get them for their events/games/shows/etc. They had Guitar Hero Metallica and after that, no other game has had any Metallica music in it and all songs that were on Rock Band of Metallica were removed. They had them at the Call of Duty Black Ops launch event. And now they are having them at Blizzcon.

A generation too late for me personally, but this has nothing to do with gaming..so?

I can have Metallica play in my garage if I throw a ton of money at them.

Metallica first started to lose me when they got make-overs and started wearing black eyeliner.

Then when they went after Napster and file sharing and took a stance against Mp3's, I realized how out of touch they were. That was really not cool of them.

So this is where the extra $10 for the expansion went to

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    I would link you to the list of logical fallacies, but I don't think you'd be able to comprehend it at this point.
    I know perfectly well what fallacies are, you're the one who thinks they're succeeding in causing anger in people with his superior trolling skills when your arguments are nothing more than pitiful and childish.

Having said that, have fun not having any more responses from me, go lock someone else in a futile argument

inb4 buddy boy

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Now performing for Blizzcon 2020 is a hologram of Dio, for all the 90 year olds in the audience who believe his death was just a conspiracy to cover up some...thing...
    To be fair - and I'm not saying Metallica is shit - but I would match rather be at a Dio concert than a Metallica one
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revak View Post
    So this is where the extra $10 for the expansion went to
    Don't forget the raid tier simply gone!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    To be fair - and I'm not saying Metallica is shit - but I would match rather be at a Dio concert than a Metallica one
    Wouldn't we all?...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    At least we have 1 person who gets it.

- - - Updated - - -

The Beatles didn't invent rock and roll either. They popularized it. Just like Metallica popularized Metal for the masses. That is where my comparison comes from.

I give the credit of origination to Black Sabbath.
    Erm, Iron Maiden?

I've seen Metallica. Hope they don't fall asleep during the concert with the 10 minutes instrumental parts between each sentence. My whole group left the concert and went to another empty stage to wait for the next gig. If you are not into the music it is really meh apart from the live show. But if you are into their music you will really have a blast.

Hf everyone attending Blizzcon

Master of Puppets.
    And Justice for all.

That's quintessential Metallica, I hope the show has the feel and mood of these albums.

This isn't really reflective of the gaming industry at all. It does however show how much money Blizzard have just as 'fuckall-marketing'.

I would reckon the marketing budget for Blizzard eclipses the majority of operational and developmental budgets of all but perhaps the largest publishers.

From a top down POV, I think it is completely hilarious how much the consumers and "fans" of video games miscalculate the degree of money Blizzard, EA or Ubisoft spend on marketing. Yet somewhere there is a thread where a game enthusiast is claiming "lens flare" is eating up development budgets.

Hahahahaha!

Stay golden, gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Metallica has some good sounding stuff. But really, everybody since Dio is just trying to be Dio. Except for some of the sub genres like Goth Metal, who actually kind of went their own way (and as a result I actually like Goth Metal, and other than Dio and a few Metallica songs, I can't stand "metal" "metal".)

But yeah, Dio. Because Dio.

Deleted
    Metallica has some good sounding stuff. But really, everybody since Dio is just trying to be Dio. Except for some of the sub genres like Goth Metal, who actually kind of went their own way (and as a result I actually like Goth Metal, and other than Dio and a few Metallica songs, I can't stand "metal" "metal".)

Eh?

I don't think so..

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess. Last time I saw them was 2009, and it was a mediocre show. I can't imagine them being much better 5 years later.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

I honestly don't know who's worse, Blizzcon Guest Artists or the Superbowl Halftime Show.

Quote Originally Posted by Skavau View Post
    Eh?

I don't think so..
    I'm talking about the North American experience... It might be different in the UK, like cucumber sandwich metal or something, I dunno.

Deleted
    I'm talking about the North American experience... It might be different in the UK, like cucumber sandwich metal or something, I dunno.
    The style of Metal Dio played is still made, I guess, but it isn't really representative of Modern Metal at all anymore. Not for the last decade at least.

10+ Year Old Account

my god we get it, dude. you like Dio lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Skavau View Post
    The style of Metal Dio played is still made, I guess, but it isn't really representative of Modern Metal at all anymore. Not for the last decade at least.
    Certain aspects of the showmanship is what I'm talking about. Like the devil horns, and not doing drugs and being faithful to your wife. Or wait, those might have been uniquely Dio.

LOL, a big step up? They're over the hill, have been for years. They stink.

Get some Bad Religion or Descendents up in that shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.