Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Considering it's introduction was a major contributing factor to a LOT of my real life friends quitting, I am fucking elated that it's gone. Why would I want to do math/have something do math for me when I get new gear instead of just play the game?
    Last edited by Gephyrophobia; 2014-10-23 at 09:58 AM.

I miss it right now because there's so little of the new stats on my gear so I can't really put much into MS when it's my best secondary stat as SV. However, I think in the long-term it won't be a massive deal, will just be annoying to people who want to min/max.

Nope.

Played without it way longer than with it, so I'm not bothered at all. Everything is balanced around level 100 so I couldn't care less about my current gear being optimal at that and at 100? Well, I'm not the only one who's gonna be praying to RNG Gods for stats on my gear so...no, I do not miss reforging. Loving my Transmog mount as well!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderTaco View Post
    Before, you only could max one item per week. So you had to wait for 7 days before using a new piece. You can still wait and farm some frogs every day. You get the choice.
    I could upgrade that item without doing anything more than I was going to do anyway, but I'm certainly not saying the old system whereby I'd have to wait a week or more before I could equip a new item was really any better. Kill 200 frogs, or wait a week; they're both shit systems.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2014-10-23 at 09:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Got an upgrade in the raid last week and thought I had to reforge, then I laughed and equipped it because I didn't have to, actually.

I think it's better this way. But I'm not 100% sure yet, because it was cool to make an item more useful by reforging a useless stat.

But before, there was just a lot of work involved when getting a single new piece of gear... you had to recalculate all stats/caps and re-gem, re-forge and re-enchant most of your gear (probably fire up your extra tool for that job as well, like AskMrRobot or ReforgeLite), after getting just ONE new piece of gear. That was kind of annoying after a while.

Deleted
    If we still had hit, exp and haste breakpoints then I would. But since we need none of those I'm glad it's gone.

Deleted
    No, hit and expertise cap were horrible things to manage with incremental upgrades. Spending a lot of gold fiddling about to retain something pretty much mandatory.

Beyond keeping to caps, stat shuffling was kind of meh - typically item level was king and the gains from reforging into your best stat were low, but felt required (to optimise).

I'm glad it's gone.

Deleted
    In the end Reforging didn't bring anything exiting to the table, so I won't miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Yep. Micro-management at a character level is a good thing in a game like this.
    Can't tell if serious or not...

I guess everyone likes having to hoard gear now, in-case a secondary stat becomes better than another down the road. And everyone likes having a bottom tier secondary stat that is just stacked up all over.

I don't get why they just added it to Diablo, but took it away from WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gephyrophobia View Post
    Considering it's introduction was a major contributing factor to a LOT of my real life friends quitting, I am fucking elated that it's gone. Why would I want to do math/have something do math for me when I get new gear instead of just play the game?
    With removal of hit/exp you dont have to math. Just change a shitty secondary to a less shitty secondary. How is that hard/confusing/bad?

Quote Originally Posted by grimsanta View Post
    I don't miss it at all. I can actually use gear now when it drops, and I don't have to sit there and worry about min maxing according to a program.
    Same here, nice to be able to use the gear now and not worry about it.
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Nope. Reforging was one of the most annoying features in WoW.

I never liked it. It was okay if you had only one toon. Now with 15 with all the different specs it was a mess. I would have to always look up what to do with the gear of my alts. Then sometimes would realize that was reforging for the wrong stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post
    Same here, nice to be able to use the gear now and not worry about it.
    If reforging was still in the game, what would be stopping you from doing just that??

I am starting to think people are being obtuse on purpose...

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss it. I enjoyed trying to get the most out of my gear. I loved having that sort of control over it.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

10+ Year Old Account
    Hit and expertise were the biggest pain with reforging and now that they are gone it probably wouldn't be as bad but I doubt I'll miss it.

Nope. I dont miss it one bit. Not being able to use fresh gear drops unless I ported out reforged it, and ported back in. IF the raid was taking a break.

Nah reforging was just a pita with hit and expertise.... now that those are gone I don't understand why they took out reforging. Yeah you may do a few percent less dps if you aren't full reforged. But at least it wasn't the difference between being hit capped, and being way over/under.

I am Shaman - Play Free Online Games
    FML... Shamans suck.

Deleted
    Don't miss it at all. Just extra gold cost

I like how we can just change specs and not worry about min/maxing, however, being a Shadow Priest, and being so much dependant on Haste, I can see it being problematic ( like it was in WoTLK and before ) in the future. Now I have BiS gear anyway so it matters little... but yeah.

I am a little torn as I liked being able to just slap on a piece of gear but I miss the aspect of trying to get a couple more of some stat