Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Reroll for legion?

Hello beloved Alpha Tester and information broker,

Legion is still far away and a lot can change. I am not concerned with the DPS ranking to other classes, Blizzard usually is "fast" with numbertweaking for balancing.

What I am worried about is:
    How does it play/feel in single target, AOE and a mixture of those two? (Are there any Warrior hating/loving encounters?)
    How is our survivability? (In WoD I think we was on the lower end for meeles).

I know it might be to early to ask, but because of the fact that there are nearly 0 Changes (in the last couple of patches) for the warrior and this post:
    We've heard the feedback, and are happy with how Arms (and Fury) are playing right now, with yet-to-come tuning in mind. Talents make up a huge part of that, and we're seeing them satisfy their role quite well. Upcoming changes to Arms/Fury will be primarily tuning.
    Kind regards
    Arcade

General consensus is it's better than the base WoD rotations but not ideal. Arms is basically a poor man's version of Class trink/T18 2pc with a lot of Slam Spam. Fury is better than basic WoD but with a somewhat clunky rotation. Both are generally liked but there's a lot of bitterness due to the fact they were both so close to being universally liked by the testers along with rewarding RNG, the developers then changed abilities and now the RNG is back to feeling punishing. In terms of defensive cooldowns everyone has had their abilities stripped so all classes are going to have a lot less defensive abilities. That would be something you'd need to test and feel for yourself.

Overall the latest warrior changes are positive and acceptable if you're open-minded and not idealistic. There will be a lot of things changes to cope with but the specs will still be viable to play.

- - - Updated - - -

That being said I have been steering away from warrior due to the RNG that will continue to stay through Legion. RNG is acceptable in encounters and other aspects of the game, but when I play my character I don't want to feel like I'm being held back because I'm waiting for a stroke of luck. I prefer rotational RNG in more subtle forms, like multistrike or like a sub rogue's Sinister Calling (When you multistrike with Backstab or Ambush, you also twist the blade, causing all of your Bleed effects to advance by 2 sec, triggering an instant tick.)

I for one will no longer main a warrior after several years and will move towards Hunter or Rogue in Legion.
    Last edited by frankyv; 2016-04-29 at 02:17 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I plan to play something else for the time being. I made the mistake in wod with sticking with arms. Blizzard left a bad taste in my mouth. Im not sure I can stick with the current design of having no survivability.

Havoc Demon Hunter with full talents is looking interesting the last few builds. I hear Ret Paladin is also interesting with this build. /shrug.

Let's say, not rerolling back to to my Warrior after my reroll to Hunter in 6.2. I won't ever main my Warrior again until I see a spec that I really like (pretty ironic because her name is Maîn...) I'm done with this class. SadFace.

Demon Hunter it is for Legion. See you in the forums over there!

TAP - TAP - GLIDE
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

I rerolled to hunter+mage after 3/13 mythic (12/13M now).
    All the frustration went away. What a refreshing feeling of two well designed classes it is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Mage isn't well designed, it's broken because as fuck. Our mages are now using old tier prepull for some crap and then switching to current gear so they can arcane blast even more before having to evo. We have like 4 makes and 3 or 4 hunters and 3 or 4 warlocks. It's stupid beyond belief. I'm the only warrior and we have never had a windwalker monk the entire tire and half of last tier.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    I rerolled to hunter+mage after 3/13 mythic (12/13M now).
    All the frustration went away. What a refreshing feeling of two well designed classes it is.
    Same with hunter and monk. So nice playing classes that are actually well put together.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Paladin/Shaman have always been my main/alt since I started, but I decided to give myself a breath of fresh air in WoD by maining warrior (a class I've always looked at and wanted to try) so I laid down both the paladin and shaman to focus solely on my warrior, and that was a really bad choice.

Warrior in WoW is a cool concept and all, but it's extremely frustrating. Fury's entire rotation is based on 1 ability critting or not. If it crits>>go into normal rotation, if it doesn't crit>>wait 3-4 seconds for BT to come off CD so you can attempt to crit again. At lower levels of crit (fuck you highmaul) it was absolutely awful. 8 strings of no crits, just sitting there auto attacking because BR was on CD from the last 5 strings of no crits. At higher levels it becomes a bit better, but you still get 3-4 strings of no crits at times. Either way, the class should be fun to play at the start of an expac as well as the end, you shouldn't have to wait to get trinkets to complete the gameplay. It should enhance it, not control it or make it extremely necessary because it improves the rotation, that should be part of the class at the start.

In Legion, this really isn't fixed that much. Enrage was dropped to a 4 second CD, and there are two ways to activate it. One being Rampage and the other being Bloodthirst. If you don't have enough rage for Rampage and BT doesn't crit, you spam this atrocious ability called Furious Slash to try and build up the crit chance of BT. Keep in mind they removed the base crit chance BT had, so it's basically the same exact thing just with a more annoying ability in the mix. If Rampage crits then you can continue your rotation as normal, but you only have about 2 seconds of enrage left to do anything, so thats about 1-2 raging blows, but some people are considering just using furious slash so they can try to get there next BT to crit which would allow more raging blows since you dont waste a GCD of that 4 sec enrage. The gameplay can be fun, but frustrating at the same time, mainly due to mechanical reasons. I don't want to get into arms because WoD left a bad taste in my mouth and even though it is better in Legion, it's extremely boring. Don't even get me started on fury's execute phase. Confusing and Annoying are different from Interesting and having to think ahead.

Sorry for the rant, but that was my experience after playing warrior for an entire expac. Going back to paladin main/shaman alt, didn't really expect warrior to replace my main but I thought it'd be refreshing.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-04-30 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Paladin/Shaman have always been my main/alt since I started, but I decided to give myself a breath of fresh air in WoD by maining warrior (a class I've always looked at and wanted to try) so I laid down both the paladin and shaman to focus solely on my warrior, and that was a really bad choice.
    Yeah you really picked the wrong expac to focus on Warrior in WoW. Sadly, not looking like it's moving in the right direction any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post

Warrior in WoW is a cool concept and all, but it's extremely frustrating. Fury's entire rotation is based on 1 ability critting or not. If it crits>>go into normal rotation, if it doesn't crit>>wait 3-4 seconds for BT to come off CD so you can attempt to crit again. At lower levels of crit (fuck you highmaul) it was absolutely awful. 8 strings of no crits, just sitting there auto attacking because BR was on CD from the last 5 strings of no crits. At higher levels it becomes a bit better, but you still get 3-4 strings of no crits at times. Either way, the class should be fun to play at the start of an expac as well as the end, you shouldn't have to wait to get trinkets to complete the gameplay. It should enhance it, not control it or make it extremely necessary because it improves the rotation, that should be part of the class at the start.

In Legion, this really isn't fixed that much. Enrage was dropped to a 4 second CD, and there are two ways to activate it. One being Rampage and the other being Bloodthirst. If you don't have enough rage for Rampage and BT doesn't crit, you spam this atrocious ability called Furious Slash to try and build up the crit chance of BT. Keep in mind they removed the base crit chance BT had, so it's basically the same exact thing just with a more annoying ability in the mix. If Rampage crits then you can continue your rotation as normal, but you only have about 2 seconds of enrage left to do anything, so thats about 1-2 raging blows, but some people are considering just using furious slash so they can try to get there next BT to crit which would allow more raging blows since you dont waste a GCD of that 4 sec enrage. The gameplay can be fun, but frustrating at the same time, mainly due to mechanical reasons. I don't want to get into arms because WoD left a bad taste in my mouth and even though it is better in Legion, it's extremely boring. Don't even get me started on fury's execute phase. Confusing and Annoying are different from Interesting and having to think ahead.

Sorry for the rant, but that was my experience after playing warrior for an entire expac. Going back to paladin main/shaman alt, didn't really expect warrior to replace my main but I thought it'd be refreshing.
    Its a shame you didnt come during MoP or arguably Cata. Those were easily the best times to be a warrior. Which makes it all the more sad that the class was so horribly and unquestionably fucked in WoD. Or that its still happening here in Legion and in pretty much the exact same way (initial alpha has good stuff, then patch after patch screws it, and feedback goes ignored entirely).
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    For what it's worth, I am probably switching, unless while leveling my DK I find that Frost and/or Blood are not any fun, and they stay that way during the Legion pre-patch. Or if Legion pre-patch makes Warrior new again.
    So far, just doing Ashran for gear and soloing, Prot seems decent to fun, if not very strong compared to other classes for soloing, but that's not enough to keep me on Warrior. Low geared Fury was so frustrating I haven't used it besides rolling over Cata 25H's just now, and not having Heroic Strike just feels so wrong. "1" on my keyboard was Heroic Strike, and I found myself spamming it during leveling, even when I had no ability there. >_<
    That's probably why I like Prot better right now. But given I don't want to tank as my main role, and the only incarnation of Arms that I liked was 4.3/DS Arms... Fury's my only DPS choice with removal of Glad, and Legion Fury doesn't sound good right now.

It doesn't have a huge amount to do with Legion and WoD changes specifically, though. It's something more a very long time coming than anything - back before I had to quit 3 years ago, I had already decided to swap to DK, when Fury was arguably at its best (MoP ToT release). After going from late TBC to end of T14 as Warrior, I was getting bored, realized that most of my transmog sets were themed around making me look like a DK anyways, and quickly running out of bagspace for transmog and interest in the class. With the Legion change to transmog, I can have the vast majority of what I got on my Warrior on my DK. Hell, I could go Paladin if I wanted to.

It's nothing new; I already switched from Hunter to Warrior after Vanilla and part of TBC. The main reason? I was bored of faceroll TBC-era BM hunters, felt casters were faceroll and wanted to play melee, and I wanted two two handers.
    And every expansion I was around for more of it, I've heard other warriors saying "Oh yeah I'm totally gonna reroll," so this whole thread isn't anything new either. Back then, it was over not being FotM in PVP usually, sometimes in PVE - now it's more about bad playability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Murlocbait View Post
    Yeah you really picked the wrong expac to focus on Warrior in WoW. Sadly, not looking like it's moving in the right direction any time soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Its a shame you didnt come during MoP or arguably Cata. Those were easily the best times to be a warrior. Which makes it all the more sad that the class was so horribly and unquestionably fucked in WoD. Or that its still happening here in Legion and in pretty much the exact same way (initial alpha has good stuff, then patch after patch screws it, and feedback goes ignored entirely).
    Yeah, I've heard about MoP fury, that's mainly what made me choose to drop my paladin/shaman for an expac and try out warrior. During MoP warriors were doing some awesome looking dps in SOO and when I asked them what their rotation is like they said it was extremely fun and explained the colossus smash system. That's what made me choose to try out warrior, but unfortunately they changed it extremely in WoD, still decided to stick with it since I wanted something refreshing and it ended up being frustrating rather than refreshing. Still testing Paladin/Warrior/Shaman on alpha since those are the three classes I've actually spent time on, so I still contribute feedback to try and steer them away from the direction they're going but after Sparkly dragons post in the class forums I've lost a lot of hope. Still posting feedback though.

Either way to answer the question, no, I'm going back to paladin main/shaman alt.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-04-30 at 10:35 PM.

Ahhh... 5.4 Fury. What a time to have been alive and playing the game as a warrior.

I miss those gigantic Stormbolt crits inside of CS windows... back in 5.4 when Stormbolt and Raging Blow were significant contributions to our overall damage. Now it's either Bladestorm, Execute or crappy spammy Wild Strike. All those Fury MOP haters probably didn't even play WoD fury, such a unintuitive playstyle bleh.

/SALT

Now Legion... while better just feels clunky. Wreckingball making me think I squeeze in another whirlwind D:

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    Ahhh... 5.4 Fury. What a time to have been alive and playing the game as a warrior.
    I really wonder if Blizzard devs just purposefully rotate 'fun' classes. That their goal is to have a couple really fun specs, and a couple middleish ones, and a couple that are just dogshit to play. So that players are kind of forced to re-roll and mix things up. I'm just trying to rationalize why when they get a spec to a point that players love it, that they turn around, break it, and drive it into the ground. And at the same time other terrible, boring specs suddenly get turned out into great fun. And then the cycle repeats.

I've mained warrior since Vanilla so I kind of refuse to main anything else regardless of it's current state lol It would feel too weird NOT playing a warrior

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    I've mained a warrior since TBC (Warlock in vanilla), mainly I've tanked since WOTLK. I had a blast at it up until WOD, which now is the reason why I am going to reroll out of warrior. MOP was such a great expansion for this class, no matter which spec. WOD and what Legion seems to be doing is just not appealing at all, I am so salty because of the dumb shit the designers are doing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Still Warrior. Still life. Even if our class hall sucks.

Deleted
    I plan to reroll warrior too, i played hunter for 10 years but i dont like it how it looks like on legion and i am not huge fan of building combo points (sometimes i dont watch them or too much combo points come and i overstack them), so only warrior left for me.