Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Only 6 white rhinos left in the world...

Am I the only one who feels a sudden urge to eat one?
    I mean, there's only a few left. What do they taste like?
    I will never get the chance to find out at this rate.

This seems entirely unfair #entitlement.

I feel like we made a great effort to save bison and now we have buffalo burgers.
    I really like buffalo burgers. What if I am missing out on white rhino burgers?

However, if anyone has eaten rhino, is it any good?
    If it isn't any good then I think we can let them go.
    I will just be haunted by the missed opportunity otherwise.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

This is why aliens won't talk to us.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eat more chicken!

Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Champion View Post
    This is why aliens won't talk to us.
    haha, I always wonder about how we will go about explaining our fucked up history to other space faring civilizations.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    haha, I always wonder about how we will go about explaining our fucked up history to other space faring civilizations.
    We won't have to, they know all about us and want nothing to do with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Champion View Post
    We won't have to, they know all about us and want nothing to do with us.
    I guess it depends where they point their telescopes. If it lands on Europe or Dubai we might be okay in their eyes but if they get down to Africa...

10+ Year Old Account
    it is kind of depressing that all these's wonderful creatures are destroyed by human greed. we are a disease and most of us feel superior to these animals, simply because we are self-conscious and are more intelligent. what a farce.

just an added note, whats worse for the animal? dying or going extinct? doubt it matters little to the animal in question that he is the last of it's kind. the only ones that are effected by this are those left behind, namely us, the ones destroying it in the first place.
    This is a signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mteq View Post
    it is kind of depressing that all these's wonderful creatures are destroyed by human greed. we are a disease and most of us feel superior to these animals, simply because we are self-conscious and are more intelligent. what a farce.

just an added note, whats worse for the animal? dying or going extinct? doubt it matters little to the animal in question that he is the last of it's kind. the only ones that are effected by this are those left behind, namely us, the ones destroying it in the first place.
    I don't like to point fingers at nationalities but really the destruction of these species is the fault of European countries fucking up colonial Africa so bad. Poaching is hardly the worst thing those people do because of the legacy their European conquerors left them.

Creatures that become extincted in our age do so because they are meant to. Natural selection exists for a reason, if one cannot adapt, then have your legacy be thrown into oblivion, thats basic rules of nature. In the case of these rhinos, Id say save their dna for future fun then cook them up.

I'd be surprised if they wouldn't have a few skeletons in their closet aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like to point fingers at nationalities but really the destruction of these species is the fault of European countries fucking up colonial Africa so bad. Poaching is hardly the worst thing those people do because of the legacy their European conquerors left them.
    valid argument, although i doubt there are many in the west currently using ground rhinoceros horns as medication.

but, to add, i wasn't talking about africans specifically, more so humanity as a whole.
    This is a signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

Deleted
    Just for the record, only northern white rhinos are almost extinct. The southern white rhino population is thriving.

With that being said, I do hope the OP's post is a joke about the taste of rhino, this is not the reason why you should save rhinos...

Quote Originally Posted by Cruckesmus View Post
    In the case of these rhinos, Id say save their dna for future fun then cook them up.
    They look pretty fatty.

I am thinking a rhino burger with 80% meat, 20% fat and then rhino bacon with swiss cheese, mushrooms, onions, and mustard.

10+ Year Old Account
    The southern white rhino is still going strong. I'm sure it tastes exactly the same as the northern white rhino.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    With that being said, I do hope the OP's post is a joke about the taste of rhino, this is not the reason why you should save rhinos...

Being delicious is one of the best reasons to keep something from going extinct.

Creatures that become extincted in our age do so because they are meant to. Natural selection exists for a reason, if one cannot adapt, then have your legacy be thrown into oblivion, thats basic rules of nature. In the case of these rhinos, Id say save their dna for future fun then cook them up.
    Yes. Polution, over farming, poaching, deforestation, moving into their natural habitats, extending agricultural fields into their habbitats, have nothing to do with why a species would become extinct these days.

Also the dodo bird and the marsupial tiger did not go extinct because humans are fucking shitheads and hunted them to death, it was just their time to go.

Also there is no such thing as global warming, it's just hippie propaganda.

Yes, I'm a fucking redneck.
    Last edited by Keyboard Champion; 2014-10-20 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailswipe View Post
    The southern white rhino is still going strong. I'm sure it tastes exactly the same as the northern white rhino.
    Oh, good. I was worried. There's still time.

Deleted
    Natural selection does not work like that. When humans are changing the environment faster than any animal can adapt to, the natural selection is gone.
    Natural selection is the one done by nature when animals may rise or decline due to natural events in the wild. Humans with rifles are not natural events. radioactive waste being thrown around is not natural. Cutting huge patches of forest daily, every single day, every week, every month, every year, does not happen naturally.

15+ Year Old Account
    "It could happen, so it's meant to be" is not a good reason for anything. It can also be stopped, and preserving the diversity of life is definitely in our own interest.

Thing is in the natural order of things they should be gone already. Sames goes for Panda's. I don't mean to troll or anything but as a hunter it would be so satisfying killing the last one.

They don't really serve any reason to be alive they are not a major part of the food chain and yet so much money gets tipped into saving them. Why spend millions keeping a few Rhino's alive and Pandas. Just let them die and spend the money in areas it needs spending.. Bee's are a good example. Very little is doing done to help conserve the bee population and they are so important to the chain.

It's a joke.. let them die spend money on other crap.