Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    wear him the donna mask

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, you have 17 years of friendship and he is just now coming on to you, so let him down gently. Its surely not going to ruin your friendship. He may be testing the waters, because after all, what is a relationship? Friendship with someone you are physical with as well. You have a place to go back to. Just don't make his advances any more awkward than they are. Say no, and don't change anything in your friendship. Not a thing, or else your friendship is over.

Oh, I thought it was a 17 year old. Never mind.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    A friend of 17 years has suddenly dropped a bombshell on me, he recently confessed he fancies me and wants to become more. Now this suddenly came out of nowhere and I have literally zero romantic interest in him whatsoever however I really don't know how to reject him without affecting our friendship. It doesn't help that 10 years ago I jokingly said if we're still single in 10 years we should just marry, something he apparently took serious o.O

Any suggestions?
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Deleted
    What exactly is the D?

Anyway I politely explained the situation and hopefully he'll understand

Deleted
    the Doughnut

Be honest. I'm pro-lying depending on what the topic is but with something like this, honesty is the way to go. Giving someone false hope (while knowing that nothing will come out of it) is rather cruel (and not really needed, we're built to handle stuff like this).

(Just read the post on the 2nd page) Hope he understands, in the long run being honest was the best thing for mental health of both people.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    A friend of 17 years has suddenly dropped a bombshell on me, he recently confessed he fancies me and wants to become more. Now this suddenly came out of nowhere and I have literally zero romantic interest in him whatsoever however I really don't know how to reject him without affecting our friendship. It doesn't help that 10 years ago I jokingly said if we're still single in 10 years we should just marry, something he apparently took serious o.O

Any suggestions?
    Does he wear a fedora, and whine about being in the friend zone?

If not, give him a shot, you never know what may come from it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conestul View Post
    Ugh... Gays..
    Isn't it amazing that we have the same feelings and relationship issues that you 'str8' folk have? Simply astounding.

/sarcasm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by g01851 View Post
    Isn't it amazing that we have the same feelings and relationship issues that you 'str8' folk have? Simply astounding.

/sarcasm
    Yet we don't go parading around town that we are straight and demand the world to accept our lifestyle.

Sooo if your name is Adam and he is a guy...? Hmmm
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Nip that in the bud and add in there that just because you are gay not even casual sex is ok. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post

/slow clap, you figured it out! lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Yet we don't go parading around town that we are straight and demand the world to accept our lifestyle.
    THE JERSEY SHORE IS CALLING YOU, THEY SAY OBJECTION!
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    Fuck him in the bumhole, its not like either of you will breed kids

Deleted
    Your detective skills are wasted here you should become a super sleuth, go quickly for the good of the city!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    the Doughnut
    I thought it was the Dinghy ?

First off, don't feel like you ruined the friendship. He ruined it first, but he was also honest with himself if he has been crushing on you.

Secondly, tell him, be honest with yourself ( which you are, and not interested in him ) and be honest with him. Don't worry about the friendship, you didn't ruin it, your friend took that chance and put the friendship on the line by confessing to you.

Good Luck.
    Excellence, completed by Shyama!

/facepalm

what is your point?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Keep up the good work, Captain Obvious!

Though technically, the OP never stated he was a human being! For all we know, Adam is a 28-year-old purple blob of protoplasm who is omnisexual (on whom the purple blob of protoplasm's guy friend has a crush).

...what, it makes as much sense as people being confused about one guy being romantically interested in another guy (in this day and age).

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It seems like the OP always has dating problems