Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Tokyo with 2x's more people then NYC, has only 1,600 homeless. NYC = 56,000

Interesting read.. America needs to adopt more social programs. No reason why America "Greatest Country In the World" should be trailing so far behind.

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/201...okyo-homeless/

Deleted
    America... social programs.... LOL ok..

These are the same people who are dead set against having tax money pay for free medical treatment. Why would they want to actually help the homeless?

Japan is different from the US. There's more of a sense of community, at least to your fellow Japanese, they don't mind helping each other out and they are less like to become homeless because they don't want to be a burden on their fellow Japanese.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

That's cause the yakuza helps the homeless, the mafia in ny, not so much. it's a culture of shame if you are homeless or unemployed in Japan. In USA it's just excuses.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    America... social programs.... LOL ok..

These are the same people who are dead set against having tax money pay for free medical treatment. Why would they want to actually help the homeless?
    Cuz then you'd have people with a punctured lung ahead of you in the ER when you think you might have caught Ebola from your African Grey parrot's droppings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

(8.4*2) > 13.4

The US spends almost all of its social programs money (and it spends a lot) on Medicare/Medicaid and Social Security. Thank pensioners for hogging the budget, I guess.

Deleted
    Japan is an insane country in general though, USA is too dysfunctional to be even be compared with Japan.

Deleted
    The fact that you think you are the "Greatest Country in the World", is a bigger cause for concern here.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    The fact that you think you are the "Greatest Country in the World", is a bigger cause for concern here.
    Just sayin'

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Having lived here the only thing I'm certain of is that the US has the biggest military in the world. The competence or integrity of leaders and politicians is questionable at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

maybe being the greatest country in the world comes with the fact that you let people be the worst person they can be. no safety nets, if you have no balance you fall.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    Having lived here the only thing I'm certain of is that the US has the biggest military in the world. The competence or integrity of leaders and politicians is questionable at best.
    Politicians are clueless pretty much everywhere you go, they all want power and money.

Deleted
    London has 300 apparently

10+ Year Old Account
    "Greatest Country In the World"
    America isn't the greatest anymore, they've lost that title long ago.

It reminds me of my trip to NY and yeah, homeless people are everywhere. The only difference is that usually homeless people are humble, starving, poor. In NY most of the homeless I've seen are assholes, one of them told me to fuck off after i gave him 3 dollars, saying that "that's not enough", some other was begging me and my wife for cash while we were eating on a bench, we gave him a sandwich and some coins but he wanted more to get "some cigs for later", we said no, so he threw our food plate on the ground before walking away.

It was probably just bad luck but damn, wtf is going on NY.

Deleted
    I guess this proves that Japan is a better country to live in then.

Billionaires here want better homes rather than better cities, well its freedom their choice

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post

Interesting read.. America needs to adopt more social programs. No reason why America "Greatest Country In the World" should be trailing so far behind.

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/201...okyo-homeless/
    Yeah, uhm America is a great country to live in if you're rich, and faaar down the list if you're on lower income/poor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    The only country that calls America the greatest country in the world is America.

I could go around telling everyone I have the greatest penis in the world. But it doesn't mean shit if it was nominated by me and me alone.
    Studies like this just go to show that they really aren't the greatest country in the world.